Closed Thread
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz - good luck for tomorrow. The only way I could manage the clexane injections was to ice for 10 minutes before. I also had to transfer the medication into the luveris syringe and use the luveris needle. It still bruised significantly. The nearer my belly button the injection was was also the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny15 - thanks for all that information on Vitamin D. Very interesting. I am one of those women who covers up completely before going outside, plus sunscreen, plus I seek shade constantly.....and all for vanity. Maybe that's my problem!!!!

To everyone else, hope you are all going well.

AFM - I have my first scan on Wednesday morning. Is it normal to feel bloated and just sort of full, if you know what I mean? My EPU is on the 18th. I felt nothing last time, not a thing.
    Does anyone know if diabetic drugs have any effect on the quality of a mans semen? My husband has been diagnosed as a diabetic since last time and they are testing him just in case. Last time he had...wait for it....'super sperm'...yes, they were the exact words of the FS....he then patted me on the shoulder and said 'sorry about that'. My husband has never let me forget it!!!

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LuckyAPA
    Bloating – Yes, a bloated feeling is quite normal….it can get quite uncomfortable. I have had the bloated feeling for 2 out of my 3 IVF cycles and I am wondering if it has anything to do with an antagonist cycle or the Orgalutran injections. My first IVF cycle was antagonist (with orgalutran) and I had the big bloaty feeling. My second IVF was a Long Down Reg (without orgalutran) and I didn’t have the bloaty feeling at all, in fact, I had a great sense of well being through that cycle. Finally, my third IVF was a combination of antagonist and agonist (with orgalutran) and I had the big uncomfortable feeling again. Each time I had the bloaty feeling, I also experienced it getting worse after EPU….to the point I actually felt a dull pain in my abdomen with each step I took, I actually had to walk with a slight bend instead of completely standing straight…it was really uncomfortable, but lucky it only lasted for the day after EPU. I know that we are supposed to drink quite a lot of water after EPU, but it is so difficult when your feeling like that….I had to force it down my throat at times.
    Vitamin D - It is hard to know where the happy medium is for how much sun we are getting…..I live in Cairns and I automatically think that I shouldn’t have any problems with Vitamin D, but like the saying ‘assumptions are the mother of all f*** ups’…..sometimes I cant wait for the sun to go behind the mountains for a bit of relief!!...our days here at the moment are absolutely stunning.
    Diabetic Drugs - Sorry, I cant help with this one and in fact, I actually havent heard any reference of diabetic drugs and fertility. Is it worth starting a new thread regarding this subject?

Mammalinz – cant wait to hear how your embies are and how ET went?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Sunny-thanks to let me know.
    Mammalinz- good luck. I will follow you up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny15 – Thank you for the suggestion re: Clexane. DP placed the clexane in another injection and that seemed to do the trick! No one told me the aim of having sex – oh well? I ordered my CD today. I know I probably wont get it for a while but I am happy I will have it for the next cycle. Only 25 days to go. If this cycle does not work out - I will right be probably be doing my next cycle in 25 days - also

Tens2many- Ah I love your dream! I wish I had dreams like that. The only time I see babies is when I try to meditate on it - will it to happen

Otgirl – Thank you for your well wishes! I have found changing to the luveris needle has done the trick. Yes – nearer the belly button is best. Are you in the process of starting your next cycle?

LuckyAPA- I have felt kind of full and bloated on this cycle also. I think it is because I have been doing the opposite of everything I am meant to do in order to get a different result! So my full tummy has been because of too much food

ATM – ET went well!! We had two eggs – 8 cells B grade. We couldn’t decide if we should put one back or two. The embryologist was trying to assist us with making a decision. If we put two back we would increase our chances of a pregnancy by 5% and if we let the second one go to day 5 and it survived – to day 5, survive the freeze then survive the unfreeze it would increase our chances by 30 %!!! This would be for a following cycle! Then she stated – but at your age – I would stick both back in! So we did. Lets face, it I would be unsure whatever we decided. Thank GOD the embryologist was there to make this life changing decision for us! In a few days we will know if our third egg made it to day 5. Apparently it is slightly more fragmented than the two we popped in today - still grade b, though. Gosh – they were all so nice to me at the clinic. I am thrilled I changed clinics.

New questions – I now have to be on Crinone (prog gel) and Estodiol (patches) any ideas or thoughts about these? Should I be concerned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    mammalinz - Congratulations on being PUPO....I am so glad your embies developed well over the weekend. How is DP feeling now? I think the crinone gel is instead of the progesterone pessaries. Not sure of the Estodiol Patches....is it estrogen? Last cycle, I was on combination progesterone and estrogen pessaries during the TWW. Congratulations again.....take it easy and do whatever you need to do to remain focused and positive on those little embies continuing to grow and in about 4 to 5 days being to bury in and implant.....visualise it every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mammaliz... the aim of sex before transfer is that seminal fluid contains many growth factors which are thought to help with implantation and growth of the embryo in the womb.
    congrats on 2 embryos back... I always end up putting either 2 day 5 embies or 3 day 3 embies... the risk of multiples in the over 40's is very very low <5%.
    the estrogen and progesterone support the womb... the progesterone is the uterine lining stabliser..stops it breaking down to AF, the oestrogen is the lining fluffy upper... and keeps it thick and vascularised. So both are great support...my fingers are crossed for you.

luckyAPA.... re the diabetic drugs.. metformin is commonly used with PCOS to improve egg quality. It helps with androgen production.
    I would have thought that stable sugars and good diabetic control will do most of the work to improve sperm quality whereas high sugars can have a detrimental effect on sperm morphology as the seminal fluid contains sugar levels that often reflect those of the blood.

Other vitamins that have solid scientific evidence behind them are
    1. Zinc... this helps stablise cell coats in both eggs and sperm

2. low fat diet....can have negative effects... due to essential fats are needed for healthy cell coats.... so go the full fat option.

3. some studies show that the combination of prednisone and aspirin increase implantation rates.

4. Evidence is also showing that being on low dose aspirin prior to conception reduces the risk for pregnancy induced hypertension and pre-eclampsia (which us oldies are at risk of)

5. estimates show that up to 70% of women will be iodine deficient... it has an effect on egg quality and also can lower the IQ of your baby by 15points... best source.. blackmores I-folic.

6. B12/folate influence a hormone called homocystiene. If you are low in either vitamin your homocystiene level rises (both sexes). this leads to increased DNA fragmentation of sperm and poor egg quality. As a result there are increased chances of miscarrage and congential problems such as downs syndrome, congential cancers.
    recent studies show that a B12 dose (injection ) prior to stimming shows a slight increase in implantation rates...
    (you can buy it over the counter and either inject yourself (IMI) or get your GP to do it.

7. Increased oxidative stress in a Males diet/lifestyle can lead to increased DNA fragmentation of Sperm. it can be reversed with a diet high in antioxidants... vit E,C, zinc, Q10. and avoidance of caffiene, alcohol, recreational drugs, nicotine.

8. Vit D also has a role in good healthy sperm in males as well as implantation in females.

I hope that helps...

Im back at work with the lovely arabella...so far so good...
    4 weeks until I have my FS appointment with the mighty Wazza..sounds like our personalities will get on just fine as I am a blunt tell it how it is sort of gal...
    Praying that you all have babies this time next year.
    Has anyone heard how lily is going with her premature boy?
    Last edited by micca; 09-05-2011 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny: Thanks for the advice. I had a hysteroscopy, biopsy and curette after my first ET that was a disaster. Needed a cervical dilatation so they did the other procedures then. NKC were within normal limits. I think when you get to my situation the FS gets slightly desperate to find reasons for multiple failures and perhaps laparoscopy is one of those desperate procedures (looks like they are doing something and hopefully keeps me happy), oh dear do I sound a little jaded? Perhaps looking for silent endo, or grasping at straws. Okay enough of the sarcasm. Sounds like you have a lovely place in the world to live. LOL at the assumption saying, I also believe to ASSUME as to make an '***' out of 'U' and 'ME'!!

Lucky: Feeling bloated is very normal on antagonist cycle. The full feeling goes on for some time even after EPU and ET.

Mammalinz: Good choice for 2 embies. I have just had a problem similar to yours, choosing between Crinone and Pregnyl (see my recent thread). I'm glad everyone at the clinic have been nice to you. It is difficult to make a decision to change clinics, well done for having strength of mind and addressing every option.

ten2many: I understand the icing of the ears. I was 5 yo when I had my ears pierced and the reason I remember is because of the freezing spray!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    micca: Thanks for the great info. Can I please ask what the EDD means in your profile of your last cycle, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here I go

Hi there,

Thank you all for the lovely welcome. I am still trying to get a handle on who everyone is and where they are up to.

Congratulations Mammalinz very exciting news.

Everyone else I hope you are all travelling along ok.

AFM had the scan today and my lining thickness is sitting at a nice 7 cm (needed 6 cm to proceed), so it seems the letrozole did the right thing. Injecting ovidrel tonight, it has been ages since I last did this so a little nervous, not concerned about the injection per say, just getting it right Start provera tabs and crinone pessaries on Friday. All going well and my emby decides to thaw nicely transfer will take place on Tuesday next week. Excited but trying to keep it in perspective......it is hard though

Lots of baby wishes to you all.
    Last edited by hopeforbub; 10-05-2011 at 18:49.