Closed Thread
Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,
    Im back from my 4 pj days and boy did we eat crap!! so much chocolate,lollies and takeaway im proud to say no cooking!!!!
    So sorry to read so many are having such a hard time at the moment.....
    Im affraid im no much better i was to start my jabbing on Wednesday BUT some one stuffed up(because of easter) and ive gone 1 week longer than i should have so my lining is to thick(13mm should be 2mm) and all the while i been thinking my bodys lettin me down by AF arriving and FS said it wont because of the sniffing!!! so they sent me away with a pill to bring on AF and it puts me behind by about 3 weeks then the nurse rang and said she made another mistake by telling me to stop the sniffing!!! Im not feeling real confident in the nurse...i burst into tears and told her this is my last chance after everything ive been thru this one has to work... we'll get it right she said she has made me feel freaked out when i was tryn to be so positive reckon im gunna question her every move fromm here on in...........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cjm1 – how are you feeling? I am hoping you are feeling a bit better. Do you have a plan on how you might move forward? I have been thinking about you ~

Deb11 – welcome to the forum. I hope you find this place a source of support and warmth (as I have). Unfortunately I have nothing to offer in terms of what has worked for me – as nothing as worked has worked..... yet. I am 41 and I think that is probably the problem!! However, there are many positive stories on this forum and I am sure the successful ladies will be more than happy to share their tales of success. I am also with Monash IVF (Melbourne) – had my first scan also with not very good results. Mine hasn’t been cancelled yet – but I am anticipating a cancel when I have my next scan on Tuesday. It sucks to be told you have to start all over again, but at least youll get a refund and perhaps it is better to go ahead next time when a few more follies come to light!! I am planning to get my AMH checked to see into my egg reserve. I don’t know a lot about it but I plan to ask my nurse on Tuesday. Welcome
    Tens2many – OMG! You must be furious. I can not believe the rotten luck you have had. I would have my head in a cheese cake by now !! Oh I am so sorry you have lost confidence in your nurse? Are you able to change nurses?? Ugh .. sometimes I don’t think they (the nurses) get how difficult this journey is for us ! Good news – it isn’t your wonderful body !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Don't know if anyone remembers me. I was on this forum way back when it was #1!!!

Anyway, I have now just turned 45 years and 1 month old and my husband and I have decided to have another go at IVF. I've been on the Synarel for a week and start injections next week. I forgot just how ghastly the Synarel is - actually it's the part I hate the most.
    I'm doing 450iu of Gonal F and just wondering if this seems excessive??? Last time I had 300 (I was 43 1/2), got 8 eggs of which 3 fertilised and we got our little Isabelle, she is almost 11 months old. It just seems excessive to me when I thought the last cycle worked well. I don't know if I ask the doc enough questions!!!!

Hope all is going well for everyone.

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    lucyAPA - My last cycle - I was on 450 iu of Gonal F. I didn't have a problem. If 350 worked so well last time - it is curious as to why they have started you so high. Perhaps 450 isnt that high? I always think of all the 100's of questions I should have asked but didnt !! These days I try to write my questions down prior to the appointments. Still when I get in the car - I have more questions !!
    Welcome back and good luck with your cycle !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just doing a bit of research, seems 450 isn't that high given my age.

Unfortunately, negativity has reared it's ugly head just now for me. I was so positive last time and energetic....and probably naive too. I've sold my Sydney apartment though, paid all my money to the FS and so won't be backing out now. Just need to find where that positivity went!!!!

LuckyAPA

Thanks
    Reviews
    LuckyAPA - welcome back, I remember reading posts from you way back. 450 was also what I was on - I think it is standard for "very much older" women. Good luck with your cycle - you are lucky you are not with Monash in Melb as the cut off is 45!

Deb11 - welcome. I also cannot tell you what worked as I have tried everything and nothing has for me. Good luck.

Mammalinz - Nick may not cancel the cycle as long as you have 2 follies. I have gone to EPU each time no matter the number.

Tens - I am sorry to hear you are being mucked around. The process is so frustrating without any further hassles.

Micca - sorry to hear you have to go back to work. Glad to hear things are going well.

CJM - how goes it?

Sunny - Where are you at with your cycle at the moment?

AFM - I spoke to the FS last week about what went wrong. He said eggs were mature but just didn't fertilise due to age. He said again that donor eggs are my best option. Told me again that DP does not want to do this so this is it. Given that he suggested that I try the mini IVF cycle once more and see if it works prior to giving up (again). I think I will so I don't die wondering but I am not at all positive this time after being very positive about it the first time. I will be 45 this month which is Monash's cutoff so one more cycle is all I can fit in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Hope it's ok that I start posting here. I only recently joined the HB site and have been posting in the Adelaide thread. I have been reading all the posts here and have gotten the strength to keep going from the positivity and successes. My partner and I are both 41yo and been trying IVF since June 2010, I have had 5 full stim cycles. However I really only count 3 good cycles because my first two transfers were very difficult and painful due to small os which I had dilated twice. I have had one chemical pregnancy. I will start another cycle late May. Not sure if I will stay with current clinic, have an appointment with another FS in a different clinic this week, will decide after that.

Deb: I can relate to feeling better after reading through others experiences. I was feeling especially sad after my last failed cycle and couldn't stop crying. After reading what other's have been through and then eventuallly getting pregnant it helped me feel more positive.

Lucky: What sort of cycle did you do when you became pregnant, any advice, was it your first IVF cycle?

Tens: I know how it feels when things go awry due to controllable problems. I have had a few issues and you really don't need it on top of everything else. It's the reason I have an appointment elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LuckyAPA,

I am very encouraged bY your story that you can have kids at 43 and now you still keep going. I am so worry about my age 41with low AMH. Last year when was on IVF, FS only gave me 300iu, I felt it is low, but he said this is the hihgest he uses. I think you FS is very good at old age women. So could you tell me your who is your FS and in which city?
    Thanks a lot.

GOOPHOPE
    Last edited by goodhope; 02-05-2011 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    tens2many – Your 4 pj days sound wonderful…everyone should do it once in a while. Sounds like your FN has really stuffed up…how frustrating for you…I hope she has realised just what she has done. Im so glad that all 3 FN’s at my clinic have all gone through IVF and know exactly what we go through.

mammalinz – 10 follies is a great number, but I so understand your disappointment if only 2 have decided to grow, its awful. Hopefully by your scan tomorrow, a couple more have decided to play the game. I have a question for you – did your FS put you and DH through an assessment month prior to starting IVF? My clinic does not proceed with IVF until they do an assessment month which checks semen analysis, check AMH, thyroid function, FSH, chromosomes, tubal patency etc etc. If you would like more information, PM me and I will give you more data.

leeese and goodhope – welcome….you will find this thread a wealth of information and support.

Cjm1 – so very very sorry.

otgirl – Im with you….I need to know that when my time is over, I have left no stone unturned….the ‘what ifs’ and ‘should haves’ will do my head in! Good to see that you and DP will try again and I urge you to keep going with another clinic if your current one will no longer treat you. Try the guru, have you seen the thread on bubhub dedicated to him…..unbelievable! Check out his website to. PS: Did FS say anything about 17 follies v’s 2 eggs?

LuckyAPA – welcome back…..I often wonder how you are going. I think you posted the very first IVF Over 40 post, didn’t you? No, 450 Gonal F is not excessive…..my first IVF was 350/375, the second was 450/475 and at my request the third was 600. Your FS may well adjust the dosage after your first scan and blood test…..when is your first scan? I do the same thing…..I always think that I am asking plenty of questions, but I think of so many more when Im in the car leaving!!

deb11 – so sorry to hear your news…..a cancelled cycle is extremely disappointing, especially if it is your first one. A first cycle is often known as a ‘try and see’ cycle….your FS does not know how you will react to the drugs, so a conservative approach will most likely be taken. You may well find that although a cancelled cycle is disappointing, it will work out better for your next cycle. When has FS said you can cycle again….do you only need to sit out a month (I say 'only', but I so know that us ‘mature’ ladies do not have a month to spare)? Unfortunately I have not had success yet, however, I think all the pills and potions have improved my fertilisation rate….I can send you a personal message (PM) to let you know of everything that I am on, just let me know.

AFM
    Nothing to report for me.....just waiting for my appointment with the guru on 3 June.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

mammalinz  (02-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny: Thanks for the welcome. I noted your response to deb, would you mind sending me a PM of your regime. How do you PM someone, I can't see this option anywhere?
    Thanks