ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MRJB - Thankyou for support. I'm sure all of us Over 40's are grateful that someone out of our age group can be as supportive to us as we are to each other

Lilbirdy - Don't leave because of unsolicited comments. All in all this is a supportive thread & you shouldn't feel like you can't chat, comment and vent on a thread solely for those Over 40 just because of 2 posters who didn't have the "qualifications" to make comment in here. Please stay

Sunny - for your BT tomorrow. Hope your little one gives you one hell of a surprise - BFP. I will be keeping any eye out for your result.

I apologise for not being around much, I get a chance to read but haven't had alot of time for more. All going well so far with us. Bub's 20 weeks scan came back with good results. Only problem that could be seen is kidneys are slightly enlarged but Ob said she sees that result in 1 in 3 20 week scans, regardless of mothers age. Another scan at 32 weeks just to check if they've gone back to normal or are still enlarged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Im also from the Country Thread and would also like to express my sincere apolagises for the insensitivity of TNT.. i cant believ she would seek out your forum and write something so inappropriate.. I have always and will always beblieve that everyone has the same rights in every section in life... No matter of age race religion sexual preferance and anyother difference society labels us with..

Im 26 and DH is 28 and are both considered young IVFrs... and we both beleive that IVF is a miracle medicine that has the abiltiy to make dreams come true...If it had not been for modern medicine we wouldnt have our darling daughter... WE all deserve to feel the joy from a BFP and happy pregnancy... I think that all of you Ladies are brave and strong and deserve medals not just babies... I have know Micca for atleast a year now and know the hardships she has had through her journey and have been overjoyed to support her though thick and thin..... I wish you all the best of luck in your up and coming cylces and TWW..

Please dont let the uneducated opinion of one person affect your experiance of Bub Hub.. this site has helped me get through some hard times through the love and support of WOMEN....

Much love to you all.. and my apoliagise again.. hers is defentialy not an opinion i would EVER share..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...

Sorry to jump in on your thread, I post normally over on the Country Chics thread.

I just wanted to say hoping4asticky1, I thought your post was diplomatic and well stated I didnt at all find it narky.

I wish all of you ladies the very best in your journey, please dont let someones opinions affect your great thread.

Hey I am only 4 years off joining you ladies and I would hope to have the support of a thread like this.

Lots of & to you all

Spoo

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    To all the gorgeous, courageous, inspiring women on this thread!!

I havent posted in here for quite some time (just dont have the time unfortunately) but I read all the posts every day and marvel at the strength and courage you all show (I guess I could include myself in that as Im proud to be over 40 and trying really hard to make our little family complete).

I would like to say to TNTbub that at 40 (nearly 41 as a matter of fact) and having paid my taxes for 20 years (and never received a cent from the government in any way shape or form) I am MOST CERTAINLY entitled to use some of the money I have put into the system to get our long hoped for baby.

I feel very sad for TNTbub that she does not have any compassion whatsoever(and she's a nurse too) for those in a similiar situation to her own - that she is a woman desperate for a baby and she cant get pregnant the old-fashioned way.

So, to those who are over 40 and struggling with infertility - you spend all the government's money you can to make sure you have a precious bundle in your arms one day. And TNTbub - your opinions are not welcome in this thread!!

Good luck everyone.
    TRH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I am another from the country thread...

Wow was kinda blown away by what TNT said and the fact that she looked for a thread like yours to post in. Look at me I am pretty close to joining you too! I so agree that everyone has their story and until you know it dont judge it. EVERYBODY has a right to be here as much as anyone else. Everybody who is a tax payer also has the right to the rebates as anyone else and age should not be discrimated against. Luckily its not!

I hope your thread continues to be a supportive one, try and ignore TNT's comments. I wish all you ladies all the very best in your journeys.

Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hoping you are all well. My goodness havent been on for awhile and came on to post my news but would just like to respond to a comment I have just read.

Firstly ladies please do not let others negative comments persuade you from your dream of a family and becoming a mum no matter what your age is or situation is.

TNT you do not know peoples backgrounds and situations on this thread I personally have been trying for a baby for 7 years now due to medical reasons and various operations it has taken me until now at 40 years old to achieve that dream of becoming a mum. Please do not judge others on what you believe is someone who has left their run too late. Yes you and others are entitled to your opinion and we live in a country of equal opportunity and free speech so here is mine I believe all should be entitled to IVF those with medical reasons and those without we all pay our tax and therefore should all be entitled to the same resources to achieve our dream no matter what our age or how long it takes us, colour race religion etc. This is a positive supportive informative thread so please before you make judgement on what you believe to be the ladies situations here on this thread to be the case maybe you should take the time to find out alittle bit about us and our background and why we are here before you pass negative judgement. If you do not choose to do that take your discriminative views somewhere else.

On a positive note I have given birth to a little boy who came early due to my medical condition of bicornitue uterus and shortened cervix nothing to do with my age! He is healthy and doing really well just needs to grow a bit.

Sunny good luck for your BT tomorrow Im crossing all fingers for you

Lillbirdy please do not leave this thread there will always be ignorant judgemental people out there keep focussed on why your here and what you want to achieve not what others believe. I truely hope you stay on this thread

Well I need to spend sometime to catch up on this thread to find out where everyone is at I have been thinking of you all stay strong and focussed on whats important to you Love to all XOXOXOX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear fellow experienced ladies,
    I'm sorry to intrude but please don't let the unsolicited comments of anyone upset you. We know better, and in fact are better, than that. The unfortunately distressing post by TNTbub was a gross generalisation that quite simply has no place in this forum. If it had to be said at all, it should have been posted as a new forum. So please treat it as a misplaced, ill-guided vent.

In my own situation, I was married in my 20's and we have been trying for a family since I was 28. My DH had the extremely painful vasectomy reversal which was successful but it took another 3 years for his d1ck of a doctor to order the right tests to his diagnose anti-sperm antibodies. Then we had major financial difficulties. So whilst we tried to get life back in order, we unsuccessfully debated whether to use donor sperm due to genetic problems with DH's kids (1 died as a neonate, 1 had only 1 kidney but is now a perfect adult, the other 2 had only very minor issues that have arisen as they have got older). Unfortunately I was 37 by the time we could go down the IVF route and all the preliminary testing showed that my ovaries had shut down prematurely. We decided to go the donor sperm route rather than risk dodgy sperm with my few crap eggs and luckily had a dear friend offer to donate sperm for us. If my eggs had not worked then we were on the Monash IVF donor embryo list and were psyching ourselves up for a childless future.

But now finally at the age of 40, I am expecting my first child which is due 6 weeks after my 41st birthday. My grandmother was also 41 when she gave birth to my mother and we had our successful EPU on my Nanna's birthday. I took this as a very good omen at the time and am certain she is looking over us. We are so very blessed and do not take any of it for granted. And I am certainly not going to let anyone make me feel guilty about the amount of my hard earned tax that has gone back into subsidising my own or anyone else's fertility treatments, regardless of their situation.

If we had a choice in the matter of fertility, very few of us would opt to go through any of this, regardless of age. But choice is so often negated by reality, particularly with respect to fertility. Each of our situations is unique, as are our cycle outcomes, and this diversity is what makes these forums so wonderfully helpful and informative. I am so very glad that the vast majority of members embrace and encourage this diversity in beliefs and circumstances, and do so without belittling or judging others.

You are a wonderful group of ladies and I must admit I am a lurker and pop in frequently to check on you all. My thoughts are particularly with Lilly40 at this time I'm so relieved to hear your precious boy is doing well. Big congrats to you and DH

Best wishes and truck loads of to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To all the 'Country Chicks' commenting on TNTBub’s post on the 'Over 40' thread and all you other wonderful ladies - Thank you, thank you, thank you….from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your positive comments.

Bubhub has been a wealth of support and knowledge to all of us……if it wasn’t, we wouldn’t remain and continue to foster and nurture the friendships that have developed on all Bubhub threads.

Like the ‘Country Chicks’ thread, the ‘Over 40’ thread has been a place of solace and encouragement……we commiserate the low’s, celebrate the highs and sometimes get a giggle out of the unexpected…..we cry with each other, we high five with each other, we sometimes have those ‘Aha’ moments when we learn something new from each other……that is a positive thread and the ‘Over 40’ thread will get there again, we cannot let one destructive comment destroy our beautiful thread.

I do not begrudge TNTBub her opinions, we are all entitled to our opinions and passions, I just think that the comments could have been voiced in a better arena…..one that we all enter, knowing that there will be a wide and diverse collection of views, however this was not the case. TNTBub’s comments in the ‘Over 40’ thread immediately made them inappropriate and insensitive. Had she started a new thread on the subject, all the better…happy to debate/discuss the topic. Instead our beautiful supportive thread was hijacked by one person’s opinion and personally it affected me deeply. I am 24 hours away from my final blood test and had a negative POAS this morning……instead of ‘fingers crossed Sunny15, hopefully you will get a nice surprise tomorrow’, there was TNTBub’s comments. I was so angry, I was shaking….who needs further angst on top of the 2WW stress.

All IVFers need support and encouragement going through this process and I applaud all of you that have given messages of support.

I have posted this on both the ‘Country Chicks’ and ‘Over 40’ threads.

Good luck to you all through your IVF journeys…..I hope the trip is short and successful for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

CONGRATULATIONS Lilly40 - Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy.....he is such a fighter. What is his name? When was he born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Lilly on the birth of your little boy . May he continue to go from strength to strength. Wonderful to hear he is doing so well