ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - I will have everything crossed for you for the next week. The waiting never ends does it?

Mammalinz - good luck today.

Jenkie - another day down!!

Lilly - I hope things are going well for you and bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi
    mammalinz- Good luck today hon. Thinking of you.

lilbirdy- so sorry that your scan was not totally positive. it is just a bit slower than normal.

jenkie- sore boobs is a good sign.

afm- as expected BFN on BT. Still waiting for AF after stopping progesterone support, progynova and provera.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb - sorry to hear your news. What is your plan - you have a couple of frosties don't you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - thinking of you and your DH and sending all positive vibes for the next scan. Bub could just be a bit slow off the mark so hang in there. When is your next scan??

Wannabb - so sorry to hear your result, had everything crossed for you.

Mammalinz - hope you are doing ok.

Otgirl - how are you??

Sending to everyone else.

AFM - day 7 of the TWW. Bought POASs today....swore I wasn't going to do it, but the unknown is driving me crazy..... Might do one tomorrow morning, but could still be too early maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    otgirl- I have 6 frosties in Tas so hoping AF stays away a bit longer and can time Fet for early April. Otherwise will have to wait another month. Not sure if wil defrost all and take to blast or just use 2 at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy – OMG hon, what an awful thing to go through….I so hope that your embie is just a little behind. My thoughts are with you and DH, it is going to be a really tough week…I went through something similar last year and it is hard to deal with, no 2 ways about it. Take care and take care of each other….thinking of you.

Wannabb – b*gger, b*gger, b*gger…..sorry to hear your news, I was really hoping this would be the one for you. Fingers crossed that AF stays away a little longer, so you can go straight into your FET. Its really hard to make the decision to risk going for blasties, isn’t it? Have you made a definite decision to do egg donor overseas…..could you time doing a couple of FET’s until egg donor??? Questions that are probably tossing around in your mind already.

Otgirl – Hi….how are you?

Jenkie – I have never used Crinone, so I am unsure just what type of support it is. I have always had Pregnyl as support, so I have POAS a couple of days after my last Pregnyl injection. It didn’t do me any good the last time, because it came back negative but my BT came back positive. For me, I think POAS can soften the blow from the phone call you get from final BT. I tend to leave POAS to closer to BT, so I don’t get down and have negative energy surround me.

Mammalinz – How did your op go today? Did you have any side effects? How are you feeling?

Cjm1 – how are things?

AFM
    I have had an up and down week. Monday’s scan showed 8 follies (excellent for me, given my usual 4!!), but some decided not to grow and by Wednesday there were only 5.

I know 5 is good, but given this cycle is a protocol usually reserved for poor responders, with high doses of everything and possibly my last fresh cycle, I would have been extremely happy with 8.

EPU is Friday morning (trigger tonight at 9pm). Hoping all fertilise and good, strong embies that I can risk maybe 1 or 2 going for blasties. Also having Assisted Hatching.

Hi everyone else, hope you are travelling well on your IVF journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Otgirl – thanks for your well wishes ! I survived (of course!). Now I have to hold my breathe to find out the results tomorrow !! Nick was nice enough. He asked if I was anxious, I replied - yes. Shrugged his shoulders and said, oh well, youll be right, and I was. You have been very quiet about what is going on with you ??
    Wannabb – So sorry to hear about your BFN on BT. 6 frosties – that is great. It looks like quite a few of us will be cycling or ET in April. Hopefully AF stays away long enough for you to be on the bus by April. Thank you for your well wishes – I survived. Shed a tear, but other than that was fine
    Jenkie – ahhh it is so funny when you cant wait. Well, just remember if it states BFN that doesn’t mean it is..
    Sunny15 – Op went fine. No side effects – feeling good. Hopefully the FS didn’t find anything wrong – he rushed away (of course) after the op. I can see why you are feeling up and down. 8 then 5. 5 is good, though. Ohhh EPU Friday, that is so exciting. Let us know how you go. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for nice strong embies
    AFM - so happy the procedure is over and done with. I didnt have a melt down (as I thought I might) but did shed a tear as I walked into the op room (what a baby!). The staff were great, felt nothing, no pain, no side effects. Tomorrow I speak to FS to find out the results. If all is good I might start my cycle in the next week or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I saw my FS on Tuesday (just to have an official "end" to the process) and he tells me he has a new protocol for "older" women - the mini-ivf protocol which involves very limited medication other than clomid and minor amounts of FSH and then taking the one (or maybe two) eggs that can be retrieved from this "normal" cycle and then freezing them and trying this again until there is a few embryo's banked and then attempting transfer at a later time. The research is very encouraging from America re this although it does talk about purified air in the operating room and lab which I am not sure how they deal with in Australia - a question I will be asking my FS. He has his first patient going through this protocol right now and if I decide to do it, I will commence when AF comes around 1 April.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz - good to hear that the op went well and you've had no side effects.

Sunny15 - all the best for EPU tomorrow.

Otgirl - the mini IVF sounds promising. Please let us know how you go.

AFM - I did a HPT this morning and no surprises it came up negative. I shouldn't have done it as now I feel really down and disappointed. Today is day 13 after EC so I thought something might have shown up....

Thanks
    Reviews
    otgirl.... I have quite a few american friends that are doing just this.... it is thought that you get better quality eggs... as it is less harsh on the body.... I would certainly give it a go...

wanabb.... sorry to hear of your BFN...it just sux... if you are looking for a high quality cheaper donor egg cycle I have some details for on based in new york area which is very very reasonable... there are 2 main donor egg places that are good... but their prices are quite different. They both offer free phone consults and have boards that women chat on that are cycling with them. It is certainly something that I would consider myself if I had your problems... because its only genetic, you are still the biological mother... and pregnancy is just such a wonderful thing that no women should miss out on. In the end $$ mean nothing when you have this bundle of joy to love and cherish.

lilbirdy.... hang in there sweetie.... its certainly going to be a very rough week for you.... are they doing further bloodtests to check your beta and progesterone?? as the progesterone can give a really good indication as to what is going on...

mammal.... glad the proceedure when well... fingers crossed for this cycle for you

sunny ...good luck with your next scan and EPU... 5 follies is still great... lets hope they are great quality

jenkie... I hope you can keep the evil POAS fairy away for a few more days....

well I remember back to when I was trying and wondered what the successful pregnant women did to get that way and see if there was anything that I had missed... kismet was very helpful.... so I though I would write you a list of my regime...

acupuncture...weekly... did so for 6 months.
    no MSG or takeaway food.
    no caffiene at all
    no alcohol
    water 1.5litres daily.
    DHEA 50mg daily
    vitamins... vitE1000iu, vitC1000mg,vit D 1000iu zinc, magnesium, fish oil 2000iu daily, blackmores pregnancy vitamin- 2 daily, blackmores ifolic 1 daily.wheat grass... 6 capsules a day. spiralina..2 tab day, CoQ10 300mg daily, evening primrose oil 4g daily + royal jelly 2g (in follicular phase)
    chinese fertility herbs--- follicular phase and luteal phase when not cycling. ( have lovely lady whom does phone consults and emails)
    chinese fertility herbs... for 2 weeks after EPU to aid implantation... (had false unicorn root in it)
    post EPU... drunk large amounts of water to flush out toxins... and rested...

I think that is about everything.... Ill probably be starting it all in june/july