ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sunny15- hopefully pooch continues to thrive and the path report comes back with clear margins and no further treatment required. When is day 21?

otgirl- PUPO yay- hopefully this determined embie does the right thing and burrows deep for a 8 month ride.

mammalinz- when will you know if a la natural worked even if long shot. More of a shot than me being pooor single woman.

billiesmum- the lining is doing what it bloody well should do. how are you enjoying the clexane. I have big bruises melding into each other on both sides so running out of room and believe me there is plenty of gut to start with. Also sprang a leak and woke up wet last night where blood had seeped through a dressing i had placed over 1 oozy spot.

afm-scan this morning 8-10 follies which I am happy with. Progesterone level from tues was starting to rise which he said may indicate premature leutinisation and make lining inhospitable for day 2-3 embies which is what I have always done in the past. This decreases preg chance by 10% and considering only started with that had bugger all chance if this is what has been happening. My options are to cancel cycle, go to pick up and freeze all or maybe go to blast. Have to wait til this arvo for blood results before knowing more then repeat BT tomorrow. one of the foliies measured 21mm so maybe should have gone to pick up today instead of mon but too late to regret that now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb - I cannot imagine going through a cycle and not going to pick up - especially almost two weeks as you have done. I hope things turn out okay and you at least get a heap of good eggs that can be frozen if that is the best option.

Billiesmum - Yah for starting - I hope Clexane is being kinder to you than it is to wannabb and myself. Good luck with scan on Tuesday.

Sunny15 - not long to go now.

Micca - good luck.

Lilly40 - I hope all is still going well.

Hi everyone else.

AFM - Just taking it easy since ET (working from home doing reports). I am finding the clexane injections horrific - the first one hurt so much I wasn't sure I was going to be able to give myself another one! I saw the nurse the next day and she gave me the next one which wasn't quite so bad however both sites bruised quite badly. I managed to give myself another one yesterday having iced first and it was manageable but more bruising. I am not sure whether I will have any spots left after a few more days. I keep telling myself why I am doing this but given how low my chances are I don't seem to be all that convincing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

Wannabb - clexane is the same for me. Horrid needles but hopefully worth it. I hope your EPU goes well on Monday and will keep it all crossed for you.

Otgirl - all goes well for you.

This is just a quickie (ha ha) I am feeling quite ill from the Ethinyl Oestradil tablets I think. This is different to last time. Its like all day morning sickness. Very hard to concentrate at work.. The last cycle I was on the prognova and no side effects at all. Maybe my lining is responding. Maybe I am clutching at straws. All I know is I feel very horrid. Sorry for the "me" post but have not experienced these type of side effects before.

More personals soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Otgirl.

I feel your pain with the Clexane injections. I had about six cycles with them and had had enough on my last cycle. I complained to any medical professional who would listen and eventually found a great tip I should share with you.

The needle points on Clexane are blunt which is what makes it hurt and bruise so badly. Go to your clinic and ask for the syringes and needles they give out for pregnyl injections. Get a lot of stocks of them because you'll never want go back to clexane needles once you change. Just squirt the clexane into the syringe, add the needle to it and voilà! You'll be on your way to injections with a lot less pain and less bruising. Definitely worth the effort. I wish I'd found out much sooner.

I was also told that wrapping a coin in a tissue and pressing it on the site after the injection helps with the bruising, but after using the other syringes, I didn't feel the need to try that, so I'm not sure how well it works. The coin theory won't stop the pain of the injection though - it'll just help with the bruising.

Hope this is your successful cycle and you get your babe in your arms very soon!

Best of luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PennyPC For This Useful Post:

otgirl  (20-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    penny......... great to see that you are still lurking. I keep checking on your blog. How are you going?? are you doing another donor cycle??
    I know you can be a mummy..and I hope with my heart that you can.

great tips for the clexaine...

wannab.... hang in there....it might be worth going to EPU and then freezing and then doing another fresh cycle.... I was not suppressed on my first cycle because they started the lucrin on day 21 which was way too late for my early ovulation. By the third cycle I had it sussed with OCP prior and then started the lucrin at day 17 and stayed on it for around 12-14days.. It solved the problem.

billiesmum.. sorry you are having oestrogen side effects... have you tried taking them at night..which can often settle the SE a bit... also taking regular blackmores ginger tabs can help a lot.

otgirl...hang in there.... your poor belly... remember you can give the clexaine in the tops of your thighs and buttocks as well...

sunny... lets hope that this new protocol works well for you.... my fingers are crosed....oh are you and DH taking vit D 1000iu and vit E1000iu, zinc, vit C 1000mg as well..... and also some studies came out that B12 can improve implantation... so ask your GP for a B12 vitamin injection at the start of stimming... you can buy the B12 over the counter at the chemist....
    I had one and Im sure it did help.

mammal.... you can never lose hope... its what we run on... fingers crossed that your hard work does work for you...

well Im still hanging in.... 6 days to go.... finally on maternity leave so just hanging around the house and doing craft projects... my BP has started to come up so the plan is to induce me on my due date if I have not gone into labour...so what ever happens in 6 days I will be a mummy.... it seems so surreal I guess it wont be until I have that baby in my arms that I realise my dream.
    All I can say is that the sacrifice, pain, tears, money is all worth it... and Ill do it all again in a flash.... and I plan too.... made an appointment with dr ambrosis in june to get some planning underway.....
    keep your eyes on the prize... it truely is a numbers game... and of course the hard work and sacrifice do make a huge difference...
    Im always reading... and hoping for you all.... xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooohhh, Micca, I pop in every now and then to check on a couple of you and I just wanted to wish you all the very best for next week. I remember you getting your BFP and now the time is just about here. I hope everything goes perfectly and I'll be watching for the awesome news.

Lilly40, I hope you're resting up and things are settling down. Sorry to here things have not been smooth sailing but once bubby is here, this time will be all worth it. I'm keeping my eye on you.

To everyone else, I hope this year is your special one and it makes your dream a reality. Good luck.

Jo xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Penny - thanks so much for your suggestion - I transferred the clexane into a different syringe (the luveris/saigen one) and injected that today and had minor pain and no bruising. You are a life saver as I was really struggling with this one and had got to the stage that I was hoping to get a BFN so I didn't have to keep doing this injection after my BT!

Billiesmum - I hope you are feeling better now or at least the lining is doing the right thing so it is worth it.

Micca - only a few more days. Good luck on the 24th (or earlier if it is early).

Wannabb - good luck tomorrow.

AFM - just hanging around in the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb – well today is day 22-23. Over enthusiastically did a pregnancy test and surprised to get a BFN! Not.. oh well. Sooo am now preparing myself for the upcoming procedures. I feel much better about it now. 8 – 9 Follies that is fantastic. Have you decided what you are going to do with this cycle?
    Otgirl – Clexane injections sound awful. PennyPC’s suggestion re: transferring the clexane to a different syringe is brilliant idea. I am glad to hear you have found something to reduce the pain. Good luck with the TWW
    Sunny15 – Oh dogs are so beautiful. When we couldn’t conceive we bought a second dog !! Replacement child. They are like children, though. Unbelievable – stiches and all but still wants to play. How is Mr Jack Russell going? Heard any results??
    PennyPC – thanks for your tip re: the Clexane injections. I am pretty sure ill be on them next cycle.
    Micca – How exciting for you !! In 4-6 days a mummy. I am so happy for you, congratulations. Good luck with the birth. I am sure it will be a wonderful experience. It is wonderful to know that dreams do come true for some of us!!
    Billiesmum – well , took a PT yesterday and it came back with a BFN! No surprises there. Oh well…, I think I am ready for those procedures now – which I am dying to do – so that I can start a new cycle hopefully before the end of March!! What kind of cycle are you on? I have never heard of such a thing…! What is the clexane for? Good luck with your scan on Tuesday. Sorry you are feeling so poorly. How are you going now?
    ATM – I am day 22 or 23.. No news on any front.. but I am confident there will be AF any day now. Perhaps tomorrow. I am due to have a blood test tomorrow – which I have been getting stupidly stressed about. Now I finally get to test out if the hypnosis has worked. Even if it hasn’t, I will be getting over myself and doing to the blood test anyway.

Big wave to everybody else

Thanks
    Reviews
    mammalinz- sorry about BFN a natural would have been nice. Glad you are feeling positive for investigations to go ahead though. I am going to EPU tomorrow all blood tests remained stable so FS happy to continue as is.

otgirl- Hope the tww is not too draining. I know how you feel re clexane. I am seriously running out of room . Went to chemist fro syringes and they only had insulin ones with needle already attatched. Will have to ask clinic if I can get some especially if BFP and another 10 weeks. Otherwise will have to work out how to inject myself in the a$$.

micca- 4 days to go til tyou have your bub. good luck and hope all goes quickly smoothly and minimal pain.

billiesmum- hope those side effects are sttling down. When is your scan? Maybe if lining is good at scan you can swap to progynova

good luck to anyone who has EPU scans or BT tomorrow

afm- EPU tomorrow 10 am. progesterone remained stable so FS happy to do day 3 transfer if I want but would love to take them all the way to blast if I dare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Wannabb - All the best for the morning. for you and that those follies are full....

Otgirl - Clexane.... I am already covered in nice big purple patches on my tummy. Having used them for several weeks when pregnant with billie I know where the points are so it doesn't hurt so much. Having said that, it does hurt alot anyway because of the way those horrid needles are made. I hope the 2ww is going ok for you.

Micca - how exciting. Only a few days to go. Will be watching for news on the hub. thank you for the advice re: the pills. I will speak to fS on Tues about it.

Sunny15 - I am thinking of your little dog and hoping all goes well with the results. One of my dogs had a large tumour removed and it was cancer but they got it all and he lived another 5 years. He was 8 when he was diagnosed and being a Rotty, their average age is only 10 so he did really well.

mammalinz - Sorry about the BFN. I hope you find the strength to have your tests and then be able to work out a plan for the future months. I am on a medicated FET cycle. This is where I believe they control your cycle with drugs and build up the lining. Clexane is for blood thinning in my case to help the blood flow to the uterus in assisting it to thicken up. I take it with low dose asprin amongst a lot of other bits and pills.

Hello everyone else

AFM -I am still feeling very very sick and eating little bits all the time. Not happy about that either. But, if it does the job then ok.. However, not looking forward to a long day at work tomorrow.