ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got some information from my FS about overseas donors (without asking - I think he is telling me something!!). He tells me he deals with California and Athens to obtain overseas donor eggs but Athens is cheaper. Apparently at the centre in Athens, donor oocytes are available at any time at a cost of 5500 euros. Travelling and accomodation on top of this only.

Mammalinz - I have to wait for AF (probably Thursday) and then ring and book the infusion so I am not sure when it will be yet.

Lilbirdy - welcome back. Good luck with your FET this month.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - seeing FN on Wednesday (could not fit it in earlier) with AF due Thursday (hopefully won't come early) and ready to try one more time with everything known to man.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default eggs from Greece

Hi Otgirl.
    Is that 5500 euro (about $7500) for 10 eggs?

I think when we looked it was about $10 000 for 10 eggs from the US (and there is approx a 60% defrost fertilation rate for these). We decided that was too much, but when we look at having done 4 cycles (including a donor one here) we got 10 embies all together and none sticky so probably not high quality. The cycles cost $25 000 out of pocket at least. It might not have been such a bad idea to have considered it.

At the moment I rather like the idea of a European holiday. Ill have to just pop down to the local cafe and pretend my cappachino is really in Italy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI Girls,

Just popping in from the lurking land All this talk about European holidays and cheaper egg donation ideas is getting me excited. I'm also touring around the AED website, but must say I find it seems really impossible to get a donor quickly. Also, the overseas option sounds particularly anonymous and the child won't have 2 mom's hanging around - I'm keen to hear more... any websites that I should visit? Do you get the info just from your FS?

Thanks Wannabb, Cillie, Otgirl...

Good luck Mammalinz with the fitness campaign - at the very least, you'll be healthier and probably happier... and surely a smiggin more fertile

Hope all the upcoming cyclers are ready for some BFP action!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS sent me the information about Athens and California (slightly prematurely I would say as I am having one final try with my own eggs - I think he forgot about that!!). He did not indicate how many eggs you got in Athens, just the cost. But he indicated that he needed male and female characteristics if you want to go down that line so I guess they try and match complexions, etc as well. He is happy to assist with the organisation if we want to do this. This is in Melbourne at Monash Clayton.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum4nay- wazza at QFG recommended cape fertility in Cape town. The cost is about $17000 and I think this includes accommodation and airfares. This is my backup backup plan. AED has great info in sticky thread for OS donation.

otgirl- hope af comes on time. good luck with intralipid infusion. Keep us updated with how it goes.

cillile- hope you enjoyed your cuppacino in italy today

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilly40- just wondering how you are going hon. hope all is settled and plodding along slowly. how many weeks are you now?

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanna – we too have spoken with Wazza about donor eggs from South Africa. I keep telling him that he's being premature. We'll keep going with my eggs for a little while then see.

Mumma – I am feeling much better about the IVF cycle. I had a good sesh with the psychologist last week and seem to have my anxiety a bit more sorted. That really impacts on my general well being and my ability to cope with all things IVF.

Cillile – I absolutely agree. I am a complete stress head and I've gotten pregnant x 3. I guess in saying that we have to look at the outcome which hasn't been that great (yet). I do believe that for our general health it's not great to be stressed all the time but as for fertility Im not convinced (I guess I have to say that though given my anxiety

Otgirl/wanna – interesting about intralipids decreasing miscarriages??? I guess that might not help me if the embryos arent quite right.

Lilbirdy – yes it is

AFM - feel like AF is on her way so will be back at the FS on CD2 for the first scan for FET. Im actually now kinda looking forward to getting back in to it and our frozen little ones might just hold the golden embie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Firstly, apologies for not posting for a while, I must admit it has been nice been IVF free for a little while after the chem preg. DP and I made a pact that we would not talk, read or think about IVF until our next cycle late Feb/early March, so we have really been enjoying life and each other!!!

I will catch up on everyone's news tonight......I have a few hours to waste. I have battened down the hatches and completely cyclone prepared the house and yards. I have had to do it on my own, as DP was unable to get a flight back from the mines at Mt Isa. His work has chartered a plane and he arrives in Cairns at 1am, so it is going to be a long night......then another long night tomorrow night with the cyclone.

Okay....so Im off now to read everyone's news. I hope everyone is travelling well.

Bye for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny- So glad to have you back. very quiet lately. This cyclone seems very scary. I wonder if we all stand on the coast and huff and puff would it blow it back to where it came from?? hope you stay safe and DH got back this morning ok.
    It is good that you could have time off and replenish yourselves. good luck for this cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Have just come back from the FN to collect meds etc and I have to say, I am not looking forward to this cycle. By day 8 I will be having 5 injections per day which is something I am not looking forward to at all. I also have to have this intralipid infusion on day 6 or so just for something different! AF due tomorrow but may decide to wait a day or two - I have to say I don't care if it is a week late at this stage!

I hope all is going well for you all.

Sunny - I hope you and DP don't have too much damage around the house.

Lets hope February is the month for us all.