Closed Thread
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    cilille- hopefully only your granny flat has been damaged by water. It has been really heartbreakingwatching the footage of the floods and hard to comprehend the sheer volumes of water involved.
    had to smile at your post as I am currently sitting in my hotel room at soho. not too bad rooms are clean and staff lovely. Move to another hotel today for a week then into grannyflat for 6 weeks whilst looking for longer term accom.
    saw wazza yest and he suggested going o/s for egg donation either cape town or greece for about $17000. Lots of money and no medicare coverage but will think about it for later this year.
    Good luck for finding donor

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Greece

Hi again. Wannabee Yes just our granny flat. We had some stuff stored down there, but mainly it was set up with duplicates for visitors. So nothing we need to get by on an everyday basis.
    Still scrubbing some furniture that we are hoping will be ok... possibly with a little carpentry and repainting, but mainly cleaning the inside ready for rebuilding. Had someone come and remove all the internal walls so that we can clean and have dry ready for a refit. I very much appreciate how little we have to do compared to people whose whole house went under.

There is a thread on AED you could have a look at about one couples (or single womans) doing the donor eggs in Greece. It seems like it could be a wonderful holiday, travel adventure (alla love, eat and pray or Shirley Valentine with the older woman holidaying in Greece) as well as making babies, but Im not sure if it turned out for her like that. If youre not already on AED, but are considering donor eggs, it is a very weathy source of information and support. Of course there is the egg donor section in BH too.

I have started a couple of threads on surplus embies on BH in the egg donor and IVF section. Just trying to get the options with these more out there.

Lovely morning here at 6am. I hope your day is shaping up nicely too. Happy Aust Day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deelicious - Good luck with your cycle in February. I hope this is the one for you and you don't need to find any more sperm.

TRH - Having a break can be quite refreshing can't it. Good luck when you start again, hopefully the break will have been good for both of us.

Cillile - nice to hear from you again. I hope you find that ellusive donor soon.

Lilly40 - I hope things are going okay for you at the moment.

Micca - not long now!!!!

Hi to everyone else - I hope things are going well.

AFM - My FS has organised an Intralipid Infusion for me as part of this upcoming cycle - this is apparently to treat my high level of natural killer cells. Has anyone had one of these? All I know about it is that I have to go into the hospital and an anaesthetist inserts the IV and then a nurse administer it for the next 2-3 hours.
    Other than that I am just waiting for AF next week to start the fun again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    otgirl- there was a recent article about intralipid infusions with research showing it decreased chances of miscarriage for ivf. good luck. glad to know australia is getting behind the research for us ladies. Where do you go for your ivf?

had hysteroscopy today and FS did not find any polyps??? god knows what last FS saw on dildocam. Maybe they only come up during stimming. Oh well will find out in couple weeks when stimming again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wannabb - I go to Monash IVF in Melbourne. I hope your hysteroscopy was not a complete waste of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Haven't been on here in ages, sorry I've missed you ladies !
    We have been on a lovely holiday in the US, got back last weekend, then I had to go to Melbs for work until today. Velly busy.

I will go back and see how you're all faring, but I especially wanted to see how you are going Micca, and when your due date is ?? Must be very close.

I am about to start BTs to monitor for another FET, we have two nice ones on ice, everything is crossed. Ugh, this is hard, isn't it ???

Anyway, take care all
    MM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy- welcome back to land of Oz. Hope your trip os was restful. Good luck for FET. Any ideas on approx date for ET?

Otgirl- Hysteroscopy done at same time as lipiodal flush to improve endometrial lining receptivity or some such thing so not a waste of time. He also said was some thickening in one spot he cauterised? We may be cycling together in Feb

Cillile- took your advise and joined AED. A treasure trove of info thanks. Hope the granny flat gets sorted quickly.

Deeelicious- When are your dates for in Feb do you know yet??

afm- last pill tomorrow the wait for AF. Hopefully within 3 days as have delayed it for several weeks nowbut youi know what happens when we are waiting for her to shop up!! Still jabbing microdose of lucrin which has stopped stinging after 1st few doses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb – It is really that difficult to locate egg donations in Australia? Why Cape Town or Greece? Do you know when you will be cycling again?

Otgirl - when will you have the Intralipid fusion procedure? It is encouraging this procedure reduces the chance of miscarriage. What is a uterine biopsy sounds painful.

Tryingreallyhard – I know what you mean by being unsure how much longer you can go on. I often wonder when will I know when to stop. How do you know? I keep thinking the ‘next,’ cycle will help inform the decision à but it always just spurs me onto the next cycle. I guess running out of $$ may take us out of the race as well.

Deeelicious – Good luck with your cycle in Feb. Hopefully you wont need to hunt down any more sperm

Lilly40 – Hope you are resting up and enjoying your new ipad
    **Anyone I have missed. Hope everyone is doing well and in high spirits.

At the moment – I am gyming everyday in the desperation to reduce my weight and in doing so hopefully increase my fertility. I was seeing an acupuncturist twice a week but after the complete zero result of the last IVF cycle I have decided to redirect that money to getting a massage once a week. Everyone tells me I will not get pregnant until I relax. It is hard to relax while being on IVF, would you agree? Unfortunately AF came a day early and tomorrow will be on day 4. Too late to start a cycle with Dr.Nick whom I am meeting with for the first time tomorrow. Hopefully Dr. Nick will get us ready to start cycling by early March. I am excited about changing clinics. Monash can not be as bad as Melbourne IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relaxing... really?

I dont think everyone would agree with telling you that you wont get pregnant until you relax. Not being relaxed comes with the IVF process and people do get pregnant while triple stressed on it.

I have heard on the grapevine that studies show relaxation/stress levels dont affect fertility, but you hear a lot on the grapevine, so cant be sure that there really has been a study on it. However as far as Im concerned the whole idea that you wont get pregnant until you relax comes from a way more unlikely vine! Stress may or may not affect fertility to a certain degree, but more likely cause of infertility is something related to it more directly... ie eggs are old and sperm is 99.99% dead and other 0.01% is immotile. (There is a really good thread at the moment on this topic. It is called Impact of stress on infertility under IVF. One of the posters says that she has only heard from doctors that stress has no effect, but relatives and friends often repeat the other often heard one that stress is causing infertility. I think that is probably about it.)

Relaxation certainly can help make you feel better and cant hurt, so I think you should enjoy your massage, but we are not keeping ourselves from becoming pregnant by worrying.

Overseas eggs?- I havent heard a lot about overseas eggs in Greece (I realise I wrote donor eggs, and it maybe that was what the last thread I saw on AED was about, but didnt compute with me... I meant to write donor embies), but maybe it was and it is like the US where they have special options that arent available here (like a shared cycle - one person cycles and if you pay for it (or the majority of it) you get half the eggs.) I have heard that for embies some places in Europe have an excess, whereas in Australia donor embies are a scarce as hens teeth.
    Last edited by cillile; 31-01-2011 at 10:35. Reason: fmhiiwso

Thanks
    Reviews
    cillile- Have changed my name to more positive -mum2b on AED. spent lots of time looking yesterday. Greece is just one of the places wazza suggests along with Spain and Cape Town but I am leaning to cape town for no particular reason

mammalinz- Overseas there is no waiting list. You may get donor quickly here or have to wait depending on how lucky you are. I will advertise here and hope but will use overseas if I have to. Have not quite given up on my own eggs yet and will continue whilst waiting for donor. I should be jabbing gonal f by end of this week. Good luck with your appt today maybe he can swing something to start immediately.