Closed Thread
Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mum4nay- there is someone on one of the feb threads with amh less than 1 keep an eye on her results for cycle!! 6 months is such a long time but it goes eventually.

Jonathonsmum- I would be extremely pi$$ed. Definitely should write a letter and maybe see a lawyer to get compensation or even just threaten to see lawyer. Good luck with new FS in Feb

Otgirl- yes I am cycling end this month with epu in feb. I will be a pincushion too as will be asking for everything and hang the expense. hopefully will be able to do saizen on day 2,4 and 6 as missed day 26 now. When are you looking to start injecting. It is always nice to have 2ww buddy.

mammalinz- when is AF due- hopefully will be late and see FS first. May be able to head it off for a while with OCP but then you may be preggers naturally and not need another cycle . To put your details in the bottom click on quick links on top right of page then go to edit signature. I love reading everyones journey as it gives hope.

Hi Sunny15, Tryingreallyhard, Jen42, Lilly40, Billiesmum and anyone i have missed. hope all going well

AFM- Saw new FS last nov but not official 1st visit so have appt tomorrow arvo then can start. Last OCP yest to try to time af right. spotting last few days as AF overdue and ocp not fantastic with me. Hope holds off until after appt as dont fancy dildocam with af.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone .... just thought I would let you know that I am reading about your adventures everyday and sharing your hope.
    I may not post.... mainly due to work and exhaustion but I will try.
    My pregnancy is chuggging along Im 35 weeks and feeling ok except for the insomnia crap sleep side of things...sigh... I hope to try and get a good nights sleep tonight...but its been a while.
    Im also beginning to think about my next cycle.... so Ill be back on the train by the end of the year (provided I dont have a c-section) Im going to see wazza in june to do a planning appointment and arrange for my frosties to be transfered up from sydney. I must make the appointment soon.

I hope that 2011 gives you all your cherished bfps... sounds like a few problems have been found that may lead to a happy result.

Ill continue to keep an eye on you...

oh and this article is very promising,.

http://www.medicalsearch.com.au/News...arriages-48730

have a lovely sunday everyone and my fingers are crossed for everyone cycling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hope everyone is well. I need to catch up on where everyone is at and do personals later. So this is a quick me post

Well I was rushed to hospital Saturday afternoon with a massive bleed emergency couldant stop the bleed but a scan showed baby was still alive. They transferred me to Freemasons maternity where a 8cm clot was pulled from my cervix op for stitch was cancelled and catheter put in and on bed rest not to get up out of bed finally home today but have been put on bed rest or 1 month just shower and toilet with weekly reveiwes nd scans I'm completely relient dh to provide for me my needs. The dr has said I need to think about not returning to work and choosing work or the baby. Well no brainer it's the baby so I need to work out details over the next month. Still no stitch in which is a worry but he believes at this stage no after the big bleed it's too risky. Each day we get through is a blessing and I ask the powers that be to please keep my baby safe.

Sorry for the me post will post again once I have caught up on ever ones status and I'm trying to learn how to use this darn iPad

Love to all xox
    Last edited by lilly40; 23-01-2011 at 20:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I think I have finally worked out how to navigate this site. I must be a bit of a luddite! A quick question - I have noticed a few people have mentioned not drinking coffee. I am having at least 3-4 coffee's a day. Do you think it increases your chances to reduce caffeine ? Also could anyone explain the following acronyms (sorry for my ignorance) !! What is BFN, BFP, OCP?
    Otgirl – I am not sure if it is okay to ask or not, but what kind of tests does Nick run? Blood tests? As I haven't completed any ‘testing,’ over at Melbourne IVF. What might I expect in my first visit?
    Wannabb – My AF is due 29th Jan – two days prior to my first visit with my new FS. Thank you for the signature tip.
    Deeelicious – Thank you very much for the tip on where to purchase DHEA. I asked my GP for a script and (surprise surprise) was turned down flat! I had also asked my FS who stated she didn’t have enough research evidence on its efficacy – hence I am changing clinics
    Sunny15 – Thank you so much for the detailed advice and information on DHEA and HGH. I am hoping to utilize this information when I change FS this month!!
    Lilly40 - Sounds like you have had a very emotional and difficult time. I can not imagine how difficult it would be to have to be totally reliant on DP and told to stay in bed. We all make such big sacrifices. My prayers are with you.

AFM – just waiting ~ contemplating if I should do another cycle with old FS around the first of Feb? or wait for my new appointment with the new FS on the 31st of Jan…. I guess Ill know what to do on “d’ day. Wishing everyone a fantastic fertility year !!
    Last edited by mammalinz; 23-01-2011 at 21:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly - I hope the rest makes everything okay for bub. It is a big ask but at least you have a reason to give up work.

Mammalinz - Nick is likely to do a heap of blood tests (unless you have results to take with you) and in my case he did a uterine biopsy as well. He was happy to prescribe DHEA for me as well as growth hormone (although I didn't have these until this cycle but given your failed cycles he is likely to start with these). Be warned - he gives you the bad news first and will be very negative about your chances but will also tell you about the positive cases he has had!BFP - Big fat positive, BFN - Big fat negative, OCP - no idea!

Micca - You must be so excited. I hope you have finished work now and just working on preparing for the bub. Good luck with it all.

Hi it everyone else.

AFM - appt with FN this week to sort out meds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Hello Hello! Long time no type. I read the nightly updates and as usual want to respond but it's either respond or sleep - and sleep keeps winning.

Micca - can't believe you're 35 weeks already! Doesn't time fly by. Well, it does when it's someone else's pregnancy! Glad to hear everything is going well - hope to see you on the SMC Forum sometime.

Lilly - I hold my breath everytime you post. Sorry to hear you keep having bleeds - must be a very scarey time for you and DH. I hope you have lots of friends who can come over and set you up for the next month or so in bed. Laptop, tv, an eReader.

Sad to read of the girls who have ended their TTC journey - I wish you all the best and wish I had the courage to get off this damn rollercoaster myself. Hello to all the newbies (not so new now - but my name will be new to you).

To my fellow pin cushions, hope this cycle is the one for you.

After my last failed IVF in Canberra I finally had my appointment with Warren De Ambrosis at QFG. He was everything I expected him to be and more. He encouraged me to go with donor eggs but that's just not an option for me. Sooooo - I've started an estrogen priming cycle (I'm on the Pill for the first time in 15 years!) and will travel to Brisbane for my EPU/transfer sometime in February. It's going to be a major drama and huge expense because I need to take my four year old with me because he's never been left overnight before and I don't have anyone who could cope with him either).

After this cycle I will only have three straws of sperm left. I haven't been able to find another sperm donor who meets my criteria (i.e. happily married man with children of his own who just wants to help someone - I was amazed by the number of men who said they had their wife's blessing - but I could never meet her or tell her. WTF?!). This means my journey will come to an end by June.

Baby dust to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    deeelicious- i am seeing wazza today to get 1st cycle plan with him. af due in next few days stopped pill sat. do you know anyone in bris.or are you bringing someone with you. when are you looking at in feb for your cycle. if you need someone I can look after your little boy during epu and et. I am staying in 1 br grannyflat for 6 weeks in tingalpa and dont get it until 1st feb so dont know if i can offer accom but there was cabin accom out that way that may be cheaper than hotel and i can offer chauffer service. I dont know anyone in brissie and am currently working out what to do for someone to pick up after epu as apparently dont let you go home in cab alone.
    pm me if you want to.
    good luck.

tryingreallyhard is offline Waiting for our little prince or princess.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly40 - OMG I hope everything is okay now. What a scary time you've had with this pregnancy. This little one must be a fighter and seriously here for the long term. He/she doesnt look like they're going anywhere until being born.

Wanna and Dee - I see Wazza and absolutely love him (except when he tells me - at every visit - that my eggs are old). QFG was shut in January so doing an FET with him in Feb (unless by miracles of miracles we get a natural BFP but Im feeling like that's completely not going to happen).

Mummalinz - OCP is oral contraceptive pill.

Micca - I cant believe you're 35 weeks already. I remember reading about your BFP when I first started on this site. I also remember that you worked really long hours. I hope those have finally finished and you're taking it easy before bubs is born.

AFM - waiting, waiting, waiting. I have to say that Im not the least bit looking forward to going back on the IVF wagon. But, if we want a baby it seems like our best (only) option. I really dont think we'll be on it for much longer. I dont really cope very well. Oh well, see how we go Hi to everyone I missed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brissy Help

Hi Deeelicious and Wannabee,
    I also live in Brisbane and may be able to help out for minding, driving etc. I could also have offerred accommodation until recently, but after the flood here our granny flat is out of action. I do have contacts in the town (ie relatives) who might be able to help out with accommodation if you are trying to save a bit. There is also a really cheap hotel right in the medical district near QFG and its day theatres. We used to send students there when they were catching a flight out of Brisbane the next day. It has been a while since I did any bookings there, but I think it was called Soho on Wickham Terrace. Not a pretty hotel, but good for a night and had a very inexpensive breakfast.

AFM - nothing doing. Still advertising for donor embies and keeping up with the IVF trials (reading here and mainly posting on Aussie Egg Donors). While still hoping to make a little brother or sister for our daughter and would dearly love to have a little baby, I think Im beginning to accept that it might not happen (particularly because $$ are depleated) and feel more comfortable following up on fostering option. Friends have fostered a dear little girl at 18months and it is a long term arrangement. There is it seems no chance that the little girl will have to be returned. They seem very happy with their solution to a little brother or sister for their son (he is now 5 or 6).

Anyway if you'd like to take up or talk about Brissy help offer, please pm me.

Hope you all have a good day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sperm Donors

Ah... I just thought of it, but Aussie Egg Donors also has a looking for donor sperm section. AED is mainly couples who have been through IVF together and full appreciate the gift of donation. There may be sperm donors found there who fit your criteria. There have been for others.
    Good luck