Closed Thread
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A GP can prescribe DHEA (mine did) but I needed to show her the bottle I was running out of (prescribed by FS) so she could write the correct name:

DHEA 25MG CAPSULES 100
    (dehydroepiandrosterone)

Take one capsule twice a day

I recently changed FS and he's increased the dose to 1 capsule 3 times a day.

I get mine made up at the Macquarie Street Pharmacy in Sydney - telephone 02 9221 1622 - as recommended by a SIVF FS. They charge $62 for 100 capsules - which is almost half the price as other compounding pharmacies. They charge $11 for postage (express post). Call them first and they'll give you their fax number (or you can post the script in).

To save on postage I usually get them to send me my full prescription (i.e. 2 or 3 bottles) - but you take the risk of having leftovers if you get a BFP. But oh, what a lovely waste of money that would be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deeeeelicious – I thought of you today, as I am in Canberra visiting family for Christmas. How are you going....what is your next step?

Wannabb – Sorry to hear of your BFN.....here’s hoping the guru will have big things for you on 24th January.....good luck for your long drive, stay safe. I have contemplated POAS but I have managed to put it off to the morning of blood test.

Mammalinz – welcome......this thread is a wealth of knowledge. I first read about DHEA and HGH through this thread and challenged my FS about the subjects.....I didn’t have to, as he whole heartedly agreed that it would be of benefit and would have suggested it if I hadn’t. There is some evidence to suggest that both DHEA and HGH may improve egg quality, especially in older/mature women, however, some FS are non-believers. Go to a thread titled something like ‘Saizen (Human Growth Hormone)’....I have written of the success I have had with this cycle compared to my last.....of course, I have not been given a BFN/BFP yet, but I firmly believe that DHEA, Saizen and other extras improved the quality of my 45 year old eggs. Good luck.....keep in touch with us.....you may be able to help us, as much as we can help you.

Otgirl – Hi.....how are you? How is the DHEA wait going?

Lilly40 – Another scare.....you poor thing. Thankfully everything is okay with bub, even if he/she is giving mum and bubhub aunties a fright. Look after yourself.....good luck with the ‘stitch up’.

Jonathansmum – sorry to hear of your BFN.....how did the blood test go? Were they able to see if implantation was attempted, as per your last post?

Lilbirdy – sorry to hear of your BFN too. I turn 46 in April...I hope that makes you feel better!!!!
    Have a wonderful IVF free overseas holiday.

TensToMany – How are you?

Hi to everyone else.

AFM
    I can’t believe that I am already over half way through the 2WW......I have been so busy for Christmas.....I am in Canberra visiting family for Christmas and head back to Cairns (missed the cyclone) on 2 January.

I take my last Pregnyl injection tomorrow morning and as long as I can take the shot before 6am, I can have blood test on 31 December, otherwise I will have to wait until 1 January, which still wouldn’t happen due to the public holidays!!!

I have been really positive since the transfer.....I have been listening to pre and post transfer and 2WW relaxation/meditation CD......although I must admit that once or twice I have had an ‘empty’ feeling, but bounce back after listening to the CD.

I haven’t had any indications one way or the other if implantation has worked or not....I have AF type symptoms (especially ½ hour to an hour after a progesterone pessary)....I had some sharp pains about 3 or 4 days after transfer but no more. I do have a ‘stitch’ type feeling occasionally in either side of my abdomen.....but wouldn’t have a clue what that could be related to. As the days go by, my body and symptoms are feeling more and more like last time, so maybe the outcome may very well be the same with a BFN.....as you all know, its hard not to read too much into every little ache, pain and twinge etc.

Im off camping in the Brindabellas tomorrow for a couple of days....I think this Cairnsite is going to freeze!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks like another BFN for me......POAS came back negative and I am just waiting for the phone call for my BT results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFP!!!!

But not all good news......HCG is only 13, so it could be a chem pregnancy.

I fly home to Cairns on Sunday night and another BT on Tuesday.....I need all the 'bubhub fairy godmothers' out there to wave their wands for me!!!

I hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny, I'm waving every stick, wand, lots and lots of for Tuesday's BT. Please stick little one....

Happy New Year! Hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve.

Jenx

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny... yay for a BFP... a great way to start 2011

. I would not count yourself out as yet..!!

my beta was really low...these are what I got
    estimated 15dpo 35 14dpo 15-20....
    17dpo 86
    19dpo 185

so lets hope that you follow my footsteps... oh and those betas were with identical twins as well !!.... I got a POAS pos at 17 dpo but it took about 10mins to come up positive it was so weak....
    I know that the next week will be anxious and nerve wracking....just get your FS to test you every 2-3 days for the next week or 2 and your progesterone as well....
    Ill be reading waiting to hear your results....

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny15- congrats on the BFP at this stage. I have everything possible crossed for you that numbers rise and bubba sticky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    :celebrate2: HAPPY NEW YEAR :celebrate2:

Hope everyone is ready for a fantastic year full of BFP and births of healthy bubbas.

to 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your best wishes ladies.

Micca - you have given me renewed hope. Thanks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.....here's hoping for lots of BFP's this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny,..... Im holding all the hope for you in a huge swimming pool bucket.. fingers crossed for tuesday...hopefully it will be between 100-200... xxxxxxxxxxxxxx