Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #3

hi my lovelies... hope everyone is going good, nice to see some action and positive results popping up thru our thread... xxx's for everyone!

I'm a bit peed off today... had my hyst wed - FS called me 6pm last night (me in the middle of Coles) tells me all is good with the procedure, really lame on details and says she'll get back to me if biopsy results show anything major...
    i email her today to say thanks for call, she responds with 'biopsy showed secretory endometrium which is what we wanted'.
    that's it... no more info than that, no blood results, typical 'light on' medical response...

don't get me wrong, so grateful that all is clear; but i'm slowly but surely starting to get my hackles up.... FS says she knows it's frustrating....
    Lady, you don't know the meaning of the word!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR! i'm turning into T-rex today!!!!

i'll be back when i've taken a large
    VERY CHILLY PILL!!!

XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenkie, wowowowowowwowowowwowowow !!!!! Have you pinched yourself yet and woken up ? Your dream has come true ! So happy for you, All the best for the scan and the following 8 months or so.

How frustrating for you Andy, I bet you were off punching "secretory endometrium" into every possible search engine. Good though that your test means you can move onwards and upwards.

Hi to everyone, hope you are doing well.

AFM, I start jabbing Friday. My prog levels were a little high (pessary 'leftovers') but otherwise all good, my hormone levels were all back to where they should be today. I must say, already happy with new clinic as both the BTs I've done have not hurt a bit ! I have thin veins and all of the at other clinic were awful. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Ladies,
    1st I want to say a HUGE YIPPEE to Jenkie good for you.

Andygee how you doing now hope u have chilled a little,I found I annoy the crap out of everyone with toooooooo many questions but Im a person who needs to know EVERY little detail....

ASM- I had EPU today and was gutted
    we only got 2 eggs now ive just gotta get thru the night and so do they!!! Hang on little eggies and fert pleeeease...

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    tens2many- sending lots of for 100% fert rate tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    jenkie...........

wow how amazing is that.. you just keep that secret glow going for the next 2 weeks...
    congrats Im so happy for you.

Lily40... bleeds are always stressful in pregnancy..I had one at 9 weeks and they found a large subchorionic haematoma (like you) It settled very quickly, I took it easy and by 12 weeks it had completely gone..... I was sure freaked and scared for the next few weeks and was a total couch potatoe on my days off... but your bub is ok just insist on some regular scans to help your sanity... if the OB wont then get your GP to write some uss referrals... fingers crossed it wil be ok.

Oh and I had a bleed at 26.5 weeks while in NZ a few days ago (Im still in NZ) and spent the day getting checked at the local hospital (very crapola compared to Aus) no cause was found... so I now have that little worry back in my head..sigh... I think that with IVF we never stop worrying until we have the baby in our arms.... I was so paranoid I did not buy anything until after the 20 week scan and my pram is still in its box at home..I was too paranoid to open it earlier than next week... (28weeks).
    So welcome to the paranoid yummy mummy club...!!

tens2many....fingers crossed on your fert report...lets hope you have 2 lovely embies

lilibirdy.....yay for cycling... lets hope this new clinic gets you a miracle... I often find that new FS are often more aggressive..

Andygee.... grr I so get what you are saying about **** poor information. I work in the medical field and it astounds me how superficial most docs are.. I always ensure everyone has copies of results. the easiest way is to just ask for copies of all your results... by law you are entitled to this. Then at least you have them and have some basis of knowledge to ask your FS about them.
    good news on the biopsy lets hope that you have a good response...especially since studies show that after hysteroscopy and biopsy pregnancy rates increase.

not much to report...on holiday in NZ visitng parents.. ready to go home. Apart from having a small bleed which freaked me not much more to tell....back to work monday.

stay sane everyone... the more I keep with your struggles the more I feel blessed for my miracle after only 3 cycles,
    xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tens2many - I hope you get good news and both fertilised successfully - remember, you only need one to make a baby!

Micca - I hope things settle down for you and you don't have anything else to worry about for the remainder of the pregnancy other than what to call bubs!

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am going to gate crash, I am a regular BH girl but have been posting on the poor responders & over 35's but alas at 41 I think I qualify for this thread too.

I have just done my 10th full stim cycle and we got one lousy egg & I mean lousy, no shell so not suitable for fert. I am deemed a poor responder because I normally get less than 3 eggs at most.

I am due to see my FS next Monday to review & plan & I am open to any suggestions of what might help me get over the line based on your experiences.

I have been on DHEA for over 12months see an acupuncturist have taken chinese herbs, naturopathic herbs, used Saizon (growth hormone for at least the last 5 cycles) used pregnyl priming, & done 2 long down reg cycles all others Antagonist. Had hysto & lap found very tiny amount of Endo outside of uterus, & cleared. Biospy found nothing, there is a question of NK cell test I had done one FS says use preds others say no need...

Any suggestions ladies?????

I need some help

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi pearlhobbes- To improve egg quality try royal jelly and Co-enzyme Q10. i take 2grams royal jelly until EPU and 200mg COq10 day. This is my first stim cycle on it so cant say for sure that it works but have read this on a thread. Also New FS for new year lists the co enzyme for this reason. i am also on dhea 75mg but only been taking this for 3 1/2 weeks so will make no difference for this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile back to zen......

well i'm still peed off, but a little less so now that the heavens have opened and cooled Melb down a little....

JENKIE - what a rude b i am, i completely missed your BFP! see what blind fury will do to a woman!!! GREAT NEWS BABE - well done and big kisses for you and bubs, keep us updated......

LILBIRDY - you have me pictured perfectly, yep i was punching away at every search engine to get some insights...
    good luck with your start of needle love this friday xxx
    you know i found a trick to easing the pain of jabbing - cotton wool ball in warm water held over jab spot just prior - seems to help.... i hate clexane shots most of all!!!!!
    Stingy buggers!

TENS - oh i hope your 2 precious eggies have had 100% fert - go go go!

MICCA - you've made me feel a bit better with your info; i guess it makes sense for embies to snuggle more easily into newly primed fresh pastures...
    hope you are keeping good and growing growing that little bundle...
    i bet you are under a cloud in NZ with the horrific news of the mining disaster...

Hey PEARL - i remember you from the over 35's thread - welcome welcome! Babe have you every considered the ED path?
    I know it's very black and white for some, let me know your thoughts and where u are at?

xxx for everyone....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenkie - Fantastic congratulations Im so thrilled for you welcome to the logest TWW of your life. Funny how when you dont have time to think about it due to sick parent look what happens same happened to me. Im so happy for you and what great HCG numbers my goodness there maybe twins in there XOX

Tryingreallyhard - How are you doing I have been thinking of you fingers crossed for you next cycle XOX

tens2many- You only need one good one lets hope both are great good luck and lots of
    heres hoping for a lovely xmas gift for you

Andygee - you are entitled to know everything and ask as many questions as you like thats what we pay for. I know a lovely FS in Melb if you are looking for one he dosent keep anything back tells you where you stand and is very caring. When I had my ops to fix my uterus he told me everything showed me pictures and was very thourough. When I saw him monday after the bleed and paging him, he gave me a big cuddle and said I can call him anytime I like even when I start seeing the OB and thats what he is there. I think we all go through out moments of doubt with our FS at one point or another. Im so glad your results came back and all is well

Sunny - hello not sure where you are upto in your journey hope you are doing ok

Otgirl - whats happening with you how did you go with your FS appointment are you waiting for the DHEA to kick in?

Wannabb - Im crossing everything for you that you get your special little gift all snuggled in by Xmas

Lilbirdy - Glad you are happy with your new clinic wow jabbing already fantastic here is hopeing for lots and lots of follicles for Xmas

Deeelicious - how you holding up

Johnathansmum - what are you upto

Billiesmum - how did you go with your paperwork

Micca- my goodness I hope you are ok. These bleeds are so scary surely after everything we go through with IVF you would like they would give us a stress free pregnancy I hope you are enjoying your break

Minibar - thanks for you kind words

Pearl - Welcome Im sure you fill find lots of support and information here

To anyone I have missed appologies my how we have grown here on this thread.

Well Just been resting as per Drs orders this is too much info but passed the clot which I am glad they told me to expect otherwise I would of freaked out, bleeding has stopped but now brown discharge some slight cramps but in general things seem to have settled down.

Thinking of all the ladies daily and what we go through we are all definitely made from some tuff stuff.

Love to all XOX