Mum4nay PUPO well done sending lots of snuggling your way
Starfish after EPU they cant they give you something to help improve the lining- i can't think what it is called but i am sure there is - that's what they do with medicated FET's - control ovulation and stimulate the lining- worth asking FS the question
Pink great news on follies still some growing time
Slinky hope all is well
Results 731 to 740 of 1333
25-05-2011 11:43 #731
25-05-2011 15:06 #732
Hi girls, quick question.
Im on cd 12 day 7 of gonal f and today I noticed ewcm hoping I haven't missed ovulation . Got fs appt tomorrow. Anyone had this?
25-05-2011 15:09 #733
Angelanathan - it doesn't necessarily mean you have missed ovulation but a good sign oestrogen is rising towards ovuation as far as i believe.
25-05-2011 15:25 #734
Thanks Mum4nay, Pink and Melk for your suggestions Apparently it is too late to add any meds in to improve the lining, so I am going to have another acupuncture treatment tomorrow and also do a lot of I guess having to do a FET is not the end of the world, but geeeeeez I am over playing the waiting game. I just want to move forward one way or another and I feel like I am not going to get the answers I wanted from this cycle. E2 up to 2756.
Pink, WOW! Those are some AWESOME follie no's Sounds like they are holding out till Monday? Looking really positive for getting a great crop of mature eggies Shame if you are not going Friday we could've woken up in recovery together I have been moved back to Maroubra for my EPU (suits Dr S schedule better )
Slinky, how did you go today? On track for a Friday EPU?
Angelanathan, I 2nd what Pink said, it means E2 is rising nicely.
25-05-2011 20:14 #735Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
starfish - there is no bl00dy justice. Crushed for you that the cycle is turning out the way it is, after you having waited so long and prepared so well for it. Can also really understand that you feel you're not going to get the answers you were looking for... It does seem like an FET could be the best option. Totally get it that that is not what this was all about. You should feel free to vent away sweetie. It ain't fair.
PinkB - those follies numbers are fantastic!!! Understand what you're saying about possible problems if E2 not high enough. What was the outcome of this afternoon's phone call? Sending heaps of your way to keep those follies growing nicely. Is it looking like EPU on Monday for you?
mum4nay - yay for PUPO!! Hope that embie is doing all the right things as we tap away. Your poor donor. I didn't know about the dangers of flying while cycling - well worth avoiding by the looks of things.
It would be so nice to get together with you all in real life but not sure feasible from here in Canberra. Thanks for including me though
trying4two - are you out there hon? I agree with mum4nay it would be lovely to hear from you and how the bub is progressing.
melk - thanks for your unstinting support and cheering on
AFM - have just triggered and will have EPU on Friday. Scan today showed a total of 7 follies, but of those really only 4 likely to be viable. One is far too big and two too small. So hmmmm. Definitely the smallest crop out of the 4 stim cycles I've done. I guess it's time to get the mantra happening again - quality over quantity quality over quantity quality over..... . On the positive side, my E2 was 6400 today, so hopefully that is a sign that quality will be there. It will be an extremely nervewracking 5 days after EPU. Terrified, of course, that there will be no blast. So great to have wonderful cycle buddies to rely on
Here's a huge heap of babydust for us all
The Following User Says Thank You to slinkymalinki For This Useful Post:
25-05-2011 21:10 #736
Starfish – You have already been so patient it is not fair that you have wait any longer!!! I am so sorry you won’t get the answers you were hoping for but hopefully a BFP . Yes shame we won’t see each other would be good to have a hand to hold at maroubra ..... although last time I was far from looking my best, I was dry retching and nearly passing out – all over the shop!
Slinky – Wow, EPU is v.soon! Your Oestrogen levels are fantastic – you will be sure to get some lovely mature eggs and beautiful embryos I am betting but just to be sure for all of us...
.... quality over quantity quality over quantity quality over.....
AFM – Looking like EPU will be Monday, Oestrogen has risen up to 2442, thinking that the addition of luveris on Monday night has boosted things along. SO hoping at least a couple of mature, non-grainy eggs that fertilise, thats all I am asking for at this stage
26-05-2011 07:18 #737
Thanks girls I really appreciate all of your support, it really does help and it means a lot. Slinky, I'm going to take you up on the venting opportunity...
I have had a very emotional and teary 24 hours (and yep pretty sure the drugs aren't helping!) The thing I am struggling with most is knowing when to give up on my eggs. I know this is territory that others have had to traverse and I am not looking for answers I know this is something DH and I have to decide for ourselves. I am a great planner and just a little bit of a control freak (heaven knows how I have survived IVF this far!) and I had what I thought was a pretty great plan that for this cycle that I would get a decent egg haul (as I have in the past), have the opportunity to test a sample size of embryos and one way or the other there would be an answer about whether my eggs were worth persevering with. But the cycle has been a bit of a disaster from start to....well it's not finished yet! Anyway you get my point and you've seen my hormone levels/follie count/lining issues etc. I appreciate that cycles can vary widely and on a different protocol/at a different time it could've turned out very differently OR maybe it's all over and this is the universe's way of telling me???
I was talking to my sister (and PED) last night about the job IV (which went Ok I think) and of course the talk turned to the cycle. She is coming to Sydney for a week in July with her DH and DS and suggested we go ahead and do the initial FS consult and counselling then for going down the ED path. I am SO incredibly lucky to have a sister willing to even consider going through IVF and giving me this incredible gift, and I want to jump on this bandwagon with her because I can't ask her to put her life on hold indefinately for me, she does want to have another child down the track (my gorgeous nephew is 7 months) but quite naturally I think it has brought to the surface again my grief around infertility and TBH the potential loss of MY biological child and I'm unlikely to get the resolution I was hoping for to give me the green light to move ahead with ED. Clearly, I need to readjust the goal posts.
I am frustrated with the clinic, the lack of answers and all the shades of grey (but hey that's IVF and so much is unknown and out of my control). The FN's are saying 'next time' we could use orgalutran instead of lucrin and that might help, or from Dr S 'no saizen shouldn't be effecting lining' and 'yes you always do better on antagonist and we should do that' etc (which means not doing PGD which was the whole point!) but there is always the option of doing 'just one more cycle'...... where does it end??
Like I said this is a vent not a 'please solve this situation for me' scenario but I do welcome your thoughts
OK Slinky, we are all triggered and ready to go for tomorrow!!
PinkB, you're up next! Grow lovely follies into beautiful mature eggies for your mummy!
Mum4nay, hoping your embie is hatched and getting ready to snuggle in for the long term
Millie and Melk thanks again for popping in and offering your support to me and my fabulous cycle buddies I am inspired by both of you who have made this transistion and as a result are now on the cusp of achieving your dreams (just that Melk will have her babe in her arms a bit sooner, real soon in fact!). Millie, look forward to cheering you on in a few months time!
Last edited by Starf1sh; 26-05-2011 at 07:40. Reason: add info
26-05-2011 08:35 #738
Well went to fs this morning and he had a look and said i have 3 x follicles on the right ovary at 10mm.
I also mentioned to him that I had what i think is ewcm yesterday and he thinks i may have ovulalated already??!!!!
So had bloods taken today to see, if i haven't back on the jabs till tuesday if I have then I will get AF in 2 weeks.
26-05-2011 10:23 #739
26-05-2011 10:46 #740Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
starfish, what a rough road you are still travelling ..... im my humble opinion you dont sound ready just yet to give up on yourself, but you are incredibly frustrated by all the downs and downs of ivf and who wouldnt be. i wont give advice cos i havent had to face your situation. i know there are ladies ion here who have been in your boat and im sure they will offer thier words of wisdom.....
By PinkButterfly in forum IVFReplies: 744Last Post: 13-04-2013, 20:04
Be In BlossomWe offer physiotherapy run pregnancy Pilates, pregnancy Aerobics, and Mummy Pilates & Baby Massage classes with a ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Do u take it personally? Kids friends..General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
What is your weekly budget?Family Finances
Donald Trump / American Politics (renamed)General Chat
Pregnancy test recall!!!Conception & Fertility General Chat
Do you do much community workGeneral area
Time share for holidaysGeneral Travelling with Kids Tips
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat
ongoing chat threadGeneral Chat