+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Transitioning to cot and junior bed.... A SUCCESS!

I posted a couple of weeks ago how Rocketman made the transition to his bed really well. Well he is sleeping in there voluntarily for both day naps and night sleeps with no dramas whatsoever, and doesn't come out every 5 minutes just because he can (we leave his door open).

Yesterday I tried putting Mighty Mouse in the cot in Rocketman's room for her nap and she didn't give two hoots and went to sleep like a wee lamb. She's right now having another nap in there, while he is happily napping in the same room.

I'm SO pleased!!! I thought we might be pushing it a bit to expect that he could move to the bed in time for her to use the cot (there's only 16 months between them), but as it turns out they both seem to be dealing with it really well.

Just in time too.... the last few nights she's got more mobile and is waking herself up because she's getting wedged sideways in the bassinet! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He gives me hope my 3 will cope well when they swap on Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awesome to hear! I'm personally dreading the switch, but it's a little while off yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow that's awesome. I'm crapping myself, TBH, about DD's transition to a toddler bed. It's still a while off I think.