+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question was this too early to test?

Ok, I'm STUPID and was silly enough to do a first response this morning. I am 3 days post 5 day transfer of a top quality blast. Of course it was negative! I was reading that some get a pos this early? Is that true? Been down all day, which I know is silly!! At Least I know there is no trigger left! So, when is it sensible to test? xxxx thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi twinklebub- there is a sticky thread above "what happens post 3d and 5d transfers". This will show that POAS from day 9 post transfer will show immediate positive. hcg starts secreting from day 7ish so may get response this early i suppose on really sensitive test but safer mentally to wait for day 9. i tested day 7 my 1st cycle post 2d tf and was really disappointed althouh realistically I knew it was too early
    cheers and good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.. It is WAY too early to detect! Test in another 4 days. My first HPT when I was UTD was done at 12dpo and even that was only a slight line (First Response brand). I know its hard, and ur probably doing ur head in. I drive EVERYONE when I'm in the 2WW. Just hold out a couple more days (if u can!!)
    U get a BFP in a few more days!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your responses!! It is making me crazy this 2ww!! I tested again this morning (I know I shouldn't!) at 4 days post 5 day transfer (9dpo) still neg.....has anyone ever got a pos this early.....am I just making myself crazy doing this? On some forums people are getting pos 4d post 5 day trans and 5 days post 5 day trans. Is this the usual, or are they just lucky? Do I still have a chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    twinklebub- it is still too early. leave it several more days. pee quickly in the morning before getting a chance to test. 5 days is not that long to go hon. for BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I kind of know it's too early.....just that a lot of people on american sites were getting pos 4/5 days post 5 day transfer.....wonder if their poas are different sensitivities than ours. I am using a first response though, and it says on the packaging 62% rate of pos 6 days before due period which I am. Grrrr....doing my head in....think I should just stop testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Twinkle; I say give up the testing, I know it's difficult but best to wait. How are all your levels going and have you got any other symptoms at all? Pregnancy tests just never worked for me, I always got a negative when I was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I have no idea about my levels? My clinic (Monash IVF) only does a test 16 days post egg pick up....still another week to go. I have symptoms like extremely sore breasts and nipples, tiredness, very,very mild cramping on and off......but I am sure these are all due to the crinone! Must stop testing this early!!!

buffysatine is offline Don't give up here, dont you quit, the moment is now this is it...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As everyone else has said it is way too early too test.

I used a first response 11dp 5dt and got a good positive result. Unfortunately it went away later due to a chem preg.

I am pretty sure the earlisest to test is 10 days.

good luck with the tww - you will get there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twinklebub,

I know it is extremely difficult to have to wait for the blood test but it is really the only safe way of knowing for sure. I have done 12 full IVF cycles and like you have tested too eary on many occassions. All that this does is either give you false hope or makes you feel down for nothing. I use pregnyl on day 3 and day 5 post EPU and still get false positives right up until 15 days post egg pick up.

Good luck, I hope this turns out to be the great news you are waiting for