+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC #2 but don't want to have due date on or near family members b'days?

Hi everyone, I don't know if this is a strange question or not but hubby and I have decided to have bub #2. It has taken me a long time to get to this point and all of a sudden after 3 1/2 years... I want another baby really bad! The thing is, this is my 2nd cycle and the due date would fall near or on my dad's birthday. I'm not keen on future combined bday's but am keen on trying now?? Is an extra month wait, worth a saving of potential loss of "special-ness" ?? I hope this makes sense?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get where you are coming from......

We fell pregnant first month of trying before we knew anything about due dates, lenght of pregnancy etc, etc....

We were due on our first wedding anniversary, right before FIL birthday......... well we went right past our wedding anniversary and my ob offered to get things going on FIL birthday - I held my legs shut and declined!! LMAO - I get it, I cant explain why we feel like this, but I am with you!!!!

This time we looked a bit more carefully at due dates - and this bub will fall around no ones birthdays!! (just new years!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank goodness someone feels the same!
    I feel kind of mean that I wouldn't want to have the potential baby sharing a date but also really want to keep trying...
    Last edited by mmmummy; 08-11-2010 at 21:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    if you want another baby i would say just go for it

dates mean nothing when ttc goes for months and months and ends in ivf

first one was easy second not so, hope your ttc goes to plan but sharing a date is it really a big deal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally understand where you are coming from but what are the chances of the baby being born on the exact date.
    I used to think like you and now I just want a baby, I don't care when it's due
    But if it's just a month you want to hold out for, what's one month right?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    it does sound a bit silly when some people have a hard time to conceive at all...but my dad is a bit much at times. Thanks for the help ladies. BTW has anyone tried pre-seed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I agree with the previous posters. It is easy to get wrapped up in potential birthdays, star signs etc, but really you don't know how long it will take you to conceive. Delaying for a month is a month wasted in my opinion.

I got pregnant relatively easily with my first baby but it took nearly a year and a miscarriage to conceive the second. So my advice would be just get naked and get on with it!

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shontelle I get where you are coming from... I'm so two minded at the moment but time is not on my side for this month as I should be ovulating any day now.