+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy 38 weeks and freaking out about everything! HELP!

Help! im going crazy! im seriously freaking out about the arrival of our first baby-i cant help but worry about EVERYTHING and its getting to much to cope with - the birth, how we will cope, will we cope financially? would it have been better if we had waited a few more years so we had more money? are we ready? should we have waited til we were married? i dont feel ready to be a mum at all and sometimes wish i wasnt pregnant-how awful is that- i then feel so guilty for thinking that-its a cycle of negativity at the moment and i just need some advice on how i can turn these thoughts around so i feel more in control and ready. I want to feel excited!Pls help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 20 years old, only working part time, flat broke and unmarried when I was pregnant with my first.
    He's now 9 and perfectly well adjusted. Yes, there were times when money was tight or someone would drop a hint about getting married, but they're all temporary situations that we found a way out of. And you will too.
    I remember going in to labour with my first at 39 weeks and thinking "this isn't meant to be happening yet, I'm not ready!!" but you have no choice - you will be thrown in at the deep end and you know what? You'll find a way to swim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ***HUGS***

What you are feeling is totally natural.

You will cope and manage because you have to!

Maybe you could look up some relaxation and meditation techniques to help you relax.

Maybe write up a budget? A birth plan? I find writing up plans and lists can sometimes help make me feel more in control of the situation.

What you are feeling is totally normal and natural for any expectant mother - whether it is your first bub or your fifth!

Try your best to relax, have faith in your body when it comes to birthing this bub and you will cope! And trust me, once you see and hold your bub for the first time - you will wonder what you were ever worried about

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    thankyou-it just gets so overwhelming! this sounds awful but i often wake up and forget im pregnant and feel soooooo relieved thats its not happening,then i realise that i am and have this sinking feeling like i cant breathe? does that make sense? why is this happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly how you feel! I was in your position 8 months ago! I was so freaked out about birth and how we would cope financially but we are managing and we have alot of debt! Everything happens for a reason and once your baby is here, it will all make sense and you will make it work!
    You will be a wonderful mum and what you are feeling is completely natural! Im sure mothers who are pregnant with their second and third child worry about things like this! Its just life! You have so much to look forward to and being married isn't everything! My fiancee and I aren't married, Its the last thing on our mind! We are just enjoying life and watching our little girl grow! Big to you and all the best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i was in ur situation exactly 3weeks and 5days ago... having been told id b having my bub on monday at 37weeks............ that was the longest weekend of my life. but now, nearly 4wks on... we r ok...
    we r managing. i have NO IDEA wat im doing, but im doing it. its all just cry, feed, change, cry sleep and repeat! even tho i havent slept more than 2 consecutive hours and we have 30$ till i get paid next i look at my daughter and know i am the luckiest woman alive... she is perfect and she makes life wonderful just by being in it. its amazing...

good luck, u will b fine. u will manage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    just keep on breathing

we all get through it because when all is said and done we have too thinking about what if well their is always a what if

best of luck and it is like they say it does get better after you get through the first 6 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Yeah I had baby-cold-feet at 37 weeks where it all of a sudden felt very real and very scary. I thought I'd be pregnant forever so it was so it sort of hit me all at once.

Honestly the last 2 years have been a blur.

But I love my little man with all my heart so I'd do it all again in a heart beat. (well clearly as we are TTC)

I won't lie, it won't always be wonderful and magical. Most of the time it's pretty tough. But like, you'll get to the end of a day where you can't count how Many times you've been puked on, pooed on, and even in silence your ears are ringing and you faintly hear your baby crying because it's burned into your brain - and they smile at you. And you somehow have the strength to do it all again the next day
    Last edited by Boobycino; 06-11-2010 at 20:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It will work out, it's just all new and scary right now. But it will work out. They don't need all that much! The only things I would say are necessary for a baby would be a carseat if you have a car, some nappies unless you plan on fulltime EC-ing from birth, some clothes appropriate for the season, a place to sleep, enough food for the tummy, and lots and lots of love from those around them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hun, I don't think there is ever a "right" time. We've waited quite a while, and now I wonder how wise that was (eg did we wait too long).

And there's never enough money, because we all find ways to spend more.

What I'm saying is that these things aren't the important things. Your little bubba will be the important thing.

It sounds from other post-ers that it's quite common but if you feel really down talk to your middie/GP because there are lots of services around designed esp to help in these situations.

HUGE good luck xoxo