+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question INFO ABOUT 'THE LAKES COLLEGE' Mango Hill, Brisbane

I am trying to find some information from parents, extended family or even teachers who send OR have sent their children OR who have worked at 'The Lakes College' at Mango Hill (North Lakes) on Brisbanes Northside.

Presently my son attends a local state primary school who have introduced 'catchment area' which we aren't in. Therefore, my husband and I are thinking of enrolling our three children at the lakes college with my son starting there next year, however we're struggling to find information about the school that doesn't come directly from the school or its own website.

We are interested in hearing the good , the bad and the ugly so please let us know what your thoughts are so that we can get some help with making our decision.

If you want you can message me directly at jungle_jane75@yahoo.com.au if you feel your response may affend others or if you are a member of staff at the school.

Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Me too...

Hi there Jungle Jane, and anyone else reading.

My family and I are planning on moving to North Lakes from the Sunshine Coast in January 2011 and I too am seeking information on The Lakes College and North Lakes schools in general. If you have received information privately could you please let me know on rl004@bigpond.com. My daughter will be in grade 6 in 2011.

Thank you so much
    Rachael

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    My children attend The Lakes College and we love it. The school has very high standards of dress and behaviour. The school is still quite small so most of the children know one another. Violin and Chinese are studied from Prep. Please feel free to ask any specific questions,
    Bye for now
    Last edited by Gibbie; 05-01-2011 at 21:55. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Lakes College

Hello Everyone,

We are thinking very strongly in enrolling our two chrildren into prep and year 3 next year at this school. And we might enrol our oldest this next term. The college is expensive and we are wanting to get the best out of the teachers for our kids. Is there any feedback from anyone on the quality of the teahers there. It looks ok on the naplan results, especially grade 3, if you follow those results.

Thanks in advance for any info on your experience.
    Ossie.
    Last edited by ossie; 12-06-2011 at 13:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ozzie,
    The Teachers at TLC are fantastic. They are all very dedicated to the school and the children.
    Many do a lot for the school beyond the class room such as taking after school activities etc.
    I have found them all very easy to communicate with if I have any concerns or worries. The school has a very academic focus, but being small it is also very nurturing. There is a wonderful community feel about it that many people comment on after visiting the school. What year is your older child in?
    I can give you more information based on that year if you like?
    Any other questions please let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for this info!! It's great to hear from a current parent. We're about to do the pre-enrollment or waiting list forms for our DD now.

sarahstarfish is offline Senior Member
    WINNER 2006 Bub Hub Awards: Most Community Minded Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I found this thread via google - how did you go with The Lakes College and are you still happy?

Kind regards

Cindy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cindy,
    I am still really happy with the school. Is there anything specific that you want to know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

We are thinking very strongly of enrolling our son to start prep next year at The Lakes College. We love the naplan results, as well as the atmosphere when we toured the school.

As do all parents, we want to provide the best education, we can afford.

Does anyone have any feedback on the out of pocket expenses per term/year.

Thank you in advance for any feedback provided.

Kind regards,

Mkent0

Any feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    Sorry just realised this message was here. In Prep I don't think you have too many other expenses. There are your books and uniforms of course. On top of that may be an excursion but it won't be expensive at this age. I think they do Mathletics from prep and I think this is about $30 for the year.

Other things from about year 3 on are camps, optional ICAS tests and Australian Maths competition. The laptops start in Middle school.
    It is an excellent school and I am sure that your son will be very happy there.