+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile 2nd year student midwife seeking Melbourne mums-to-be :)

Hi ladies!

My name is Megan (Meg to friends) and I'm a Deakin University student in Melbourne, having just completed my 2nd year of the Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery double degree! I'm seeking women who are interested in a supportive, learning partnership with a student midwife - known as a "Follow-Through Journey," as mentioned on this forum - but first, I'll let you know a bit about me

I'm 20 years old and came straight from completing my VCE in country Victoria to study the double degree at Deakin in Burwood, as I feel that the nursing degree gives me a good grounding for my midwifery practice - although midwifery is my real love I have already been privileged enough to witness the births of 5 beautiful babies through my hospital placements in these 2 years, and I think they have been the most amazing experiences of my life so far

A Follow-Through Journey is an obligation-free partnership between a student midwife and a pregnant woman, that practices within ethical guidelines and which the woman may leave at any time. Should you choose to participate in this journey with me, I would observe and participate in the care you receive through your pregnancy, labour, birth (if you wish) and postnatally, all under the supervision of registered midwives and doctors.

If you are interested, or know a lovely lady who may be, please email me at megandunstone@hotmail.com I would love to hear from you!

Meg

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm interested... i'm not sure how this pregnancy going re: doctors and delivery... i've just been told i can't have it at birth centre and i've never done it any other way... but feel free to msg me if i can still be of use

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Lizzy! It doesn't matter to me or my uni how or where you birth, and you don't even have to let me attend the birth if you don't feel comfortable with it but I would love to have you as a Follow-Through! Where abouts in Melbourne are you from? I live in Camberwell but I'm happy to travel

Thanks so much for replying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm out near ferntree gully