+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Coke(the drink) and pregnancy

I never drink coke normally. And im not a coffee/tea drinker. I've also not touched a drop of alcohol during pregnancy but I crave coke.

It makes me feel better and at 17 weeks and m/s showing no signs of knicking off ... I really just need something to help me burp and I can always rely on coke.

I limit myself to one, maybe two small glasses a day and always drink diet coke (don't know if that's any better).

Will our bub be born bouncing off the walls from caffeine? Or worse, addicted to coke?

I'm so annoyed at myself as I usually just enjoy juice, water or Ginger beer but that doesn't help me!!!!!!!!!

MUST BURP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If it makes you feel better, then go for it
    I think it only comes a problem if your drinking something like 2 litres of the stuff a day (caffein wise).
    I found normal coke a God-send during pregnancy. I'd get headaches and coke was the only thing that would cure them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bookmarked this for myself recently, hope it helps!

NSW Health recommend that pregnant women have no more than 200mg of caffeine a day (NSW FA n.d.). This is equivalent to two mugs of instant coffee or four cups of medium-strength tea or hot chocolate or 6 cups of cola per day (NSW FA n.d. ). If you get your coffee from a café you may be getting more than 200mg of caffeine in one cup, depending on the beans and how it is made. For example, robusta beans generally have more than arabica (NSW Health 2007).

Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnan...#ixzz13d2x1amj

Also i had read that drinking diet versions of drinks due to the artifical sweeteners is a bit of a no-no? Not sure on the facts of this though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree with Tameigh re: the diet coke. I'd be inclined to say that normal coke would be the better option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was the same as u. Coke was one of my cravings when pregnant n I usually hate the stuff. I drank a couple of cans a week n it was no worries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hun, i heard we arent supposed to have artificial sweetners.....i dont know a whole lot on the subject but ive heard we shouldnt be having them.

Im sure you havent done any harm to your baby as you have only been drinking a small aount but id switch to normal coke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My friend had horrible MS with both her pregnancies and a can of coke always made her feel a lot better. As long as you're not drinking a lot of it and you're having enough water then I say go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink at least one glass a day of coke it had no where near as much caffeine as coffee. In the early stages it was the only thing to get me through the morning sickness now it's just because I like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info..

I'm still feeling really sick and just feel so guilty that my belly baby isn't getting the proper nutrition it needs. Bland is all I can manage so my diet is potatoes or plain pasta followed by a small glass of coke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normal coke it is!