+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Measuring big....

What are you thoughts on measuring big for your due date? I'm a very small frame but have been measuring a week or two bigger every appointment. I think it's really interesting that I'm measuring exactly right for my LMP dates which were about 10 days out from my dating scan I had at 6-7 weeks... It happens every pregnancy but I am startig to believe my body is actually more pregnant than my baby! Lol iykwim!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I'm nearly 20 weeks with my first and don't look as big as others at the same time frame. But when I visited my midwife for the first time yesterday and she felt around to see where my uterus is she seemed surprised to be able to feel it so easily and high (right under my belly button). And my 12 week scan also says I'm 5 days ahead of my EDD, so everything is telling me I'm further along than what I am.

So not sure whether baby is actually bigger and just filling up more space inside than actually showing on the outside. I spose the day he/she pops out we will know.
    But will be interesting to see how measuring checks go as we progress along in the coming months!

EquineMum is offline <---- Me, Him and The Bump 37wks
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Meh *shrug* I've always measured 'bigger' with this pregnancy and with DS1 and I know my dates are bang on - I don't give the hospital my LMP dates, I give them my ovulation date plus 14 days LOL because I know when I conceived both times!

I had a check up last week (37wks) and was measuring 39wks, and I have a check up this Friday (38 wks) and will probably be up around 40/41. Fundal height is such an unreliable guide to follow when it comes to size - it totally depends on which way baby is laying, how much fluid you have etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same, small frame and always measuring big, ever since the ob was shocked at my fundal height at only 15 weeks! Granted, my LMP dates are also out by just over 2 weeks against 4 and 6 week scans.. At 36 weeks I was 42cm, at 38 weeks I was 44cm! At least it's consistent...! I'm not putting much faith into the measurements, but this bub does feel huge, even compared to DS who was 9lb 1oz. I'm just trusting my body to do what it needs to do when it's ready to do it... Hopefully sooner rather than later though, it's killing my back carrying all this weight out in front!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fundal height measurements are notoriously inaccurate, so I wouldn't worry!