+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how long did you leave your bandages on after c section

Hi All,

after my dd was born my ob told me to keep my wound/scar covered up with a thin bandage strip (3m) for 6 months - now at the time i thought the drugs were making me hallucinate as 6 months seemed so long but later he confirmed he wanted me to cover it up for 6 months.

Anyway - i kept in on for between 2.5 - 3 months but find i just dont have the time to constantly & delicately shave the area so i can reapply the bandage every two weeks - having a shower on its own is enough of a challange with dd here.

Can any hub ladies tell me how long they kept their wound covered up after the op?

Thanks
    Reviews
    the day i left the hospital, the nurses removed all the dressings/bandages and i never had anything covering the wound again.
    So a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 days i think its was but sometimes my undies would rub on it so i stuck a panty liner on the elastic of my undies the midwife gave me that idea

Myztik is offline My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Only for a few days whilst still in hospital. After that I did the same as the PP and used a panty liner to stop my undies rubbing on it.

Guest Guest
    I think you were probably hallucinating It has surely healed by now? After I left the hospital the bandage was off and like the others wore a thin pad to stop rubbing until it was comfortable to not have anything there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had steri-strips on my wound that I had to leave on for 2 weeks to help with scaring. My midwife removed my dressing on the day I left hospital along with the long stitch that was in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent had a c-section but my SIL did and I;m sure her doctor told her to let it get air so that it would heal, I would think a dressing would keep it moist and not let it heal as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    its a few years ago now but from i recall it was the next day the doc took them off to check and then they re-dressed and they we changed daily until day 5 or 7 then i was moved into the Neo Natal unit to be with my babies.
    im about to find out how long they stay on for as im due for another c-section soon.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ok so i am not doing anything wrong by leaving it.

The OB told me it has a big impact on how the scar heals if you cover it with a thin bandage for 6 months, he is a bit of a perfectionist i think & to be hones i am planning to have a second c section when i have baby n.o 2 so its not that a big deal & i agree leaving it to air is probably good for it. I think he just thought the bandage would protect it from getting too wet? Anyway i am happy to see others have gone bandage free

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 days and then she didnt tell me how long for the steri strips so i took them off just before my 6 week check