+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default pcos and natural remedies help?

Hi everyone, I am wondering if you can recommend any natural remedies that might help with my af to regulate. I got put on diane35ed but it made me extremely cranky,depressed,pimply. So Im looking for natural options now. I tried a naturopath who cost far too much $$ and she put me on premular which is vitex for a month and that didnt work. Ive been told good things about maca powder and accupuncture. Id love to find something thats relatively cheap thats going to work.....TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vitex takes a lot longer than 1 month to work. I've been on it for about a year and a half.

My cycles used to be really short they are now sitting around 25-28 day cycles. I take Vitex every day and believe it has really helped me.

it's also relativley inexpensive. Give the vitex a good go. it takes about 3 months i think to start working.

Also if you have any weight to loose work on that.

And eat a strict low GI diet

goodluck

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    with the above. Also try some evening primrose oil.

nat278 is offline <<< View from the little piece paradise I call home....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can recommend the Maca Root (Maca Power), I use it and so does my DH.

for me I think it is the reason I O'd last cycle first time in 5 cycles, we started on it and about 2/3 weeks later I O'd. My PCOS symptoms have lessened, in turn I have more energy and my appetite has balanced out.

For DH, OMG he can't get enough BD'ing now it has given him his libido back and stamina to boot... it's great, also his appetite is more balanced and sleeping better

I can't promise it will do the same for you but I can say I expected NOTHING from taking it, my DH has had a vasectomy reversal so I was actually buying it to help his sperm health and count when lady said I could take it too it is good for general health and well being, it is doing good things for us that is all I can say .

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i an taking vitex (or chaste tree) and agree it takes time. My AF is quite heavy, i have been taking it for 3 months and this month was much better.
    Tbh even tho the naturopath was exxy, it still cheaper than fertility treatment. They have quality products and can fine tune the dosage and treatment for YOU. You could spend years stuffing around trying to fine the right stuff. I'm not having a go at You, just speaking from my own long long experience. Whereabouts are you? I have an excellent nat in melbourne who is very good value. You could also read 'the ultimate pcos handbook'by colette harris... what she recommends is spot on in line with what my nat. tells me. I got it out of the library but its also on google books. Hth

Thanks
    Reviews
    hiya

yeah i agree with the others

i have pocs and hardly get periods 1 or 2 a year
    and was seeing a natropath to help me fall pregant with number 2
    and it wasnt working

i started vitex in june, and got a period straight away and did every month

up until i stopped

hope this helps
    kaz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies I am in the healthy weight range so I dont need to lose weight as such but I am exercising now to see if it helps bring on my cycles. I had only 3 periods since bubs was born 17 months ago and they were all due to the pill I had 2 periods in 1 month due to going off it...Im not insulin resistant either so really fustrated

So how long does vitex take to work?

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i've been told to give it at least 3 months. I've been on it 3 months and am seeing a difference. But i've been told exercise is crucial to regulate pcos hormones, 40 min 5 times a week. You're on the right track i think, keep going!