+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anxious IVF Newbie

Hi,

This is my first time posting anything on here, so please bare with me

I've been sniffing Synarel since my endo surgery at the start of August and when we last saw our FS mid September he said we should be able to start our first cycle in November as long as he's happy with the size of my follicles and thickness of my lining.

My issue is DH is going away 8-12 November (which would be when he would need to "contribute" IYKWIM - if we started at the start of November) and then we are going away for a couple of weeks at the end of November. So we're hoping when we see FS tomorrow that everything will be looking good and he'll hopefully let us start before the end of this month.

So, my question - as I'm already sniffing, how soon would I be able to start the FSH injections? I already have the contract ready to sign tomorrow - is there other administrative stuff we have to go through before they'll let us start or do you think we'll be able to start in the next week or two?

Any advice would be wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Penji, that's a really hard question to answer cause I don't really know what you have actually done administratively speaking....and even different states/clinics have different requirements.

We are in Vic and had to have a valid referal, a councelling appointment, financial and nurses appointment, blood tests (both DH and me). In Vic you also need a police check and child protection check before you can even think about starting. We also then needed a treatment form signed off by the FS as well.And then pay all the money before they gave us the prescriptions for the medication.

I think the best thing would be to ring the clinic you are with. They should be able to tell you if there is anything you are missing.

Goodluck...its hard trying to juggle life and IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    with Jacklicky.. However I wanted to say WELCOME! And wish U all the best for a BFP very soon. The ladies (and occasional man) in here are full of support, I don't know where I'd be without them.

Loads and loads of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Had a chat with DH tonight and have decided I just need to relax and wait to hear what FS says tomorrow and then work out what we'll do from there. I'm just so anxious to get started, it's been a long journey to get here and I don't want to wait any longer.

It's so hard to slow your mind down though isn't it and stop obsessing haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Penj - good luck with your first cycle. Its a hard question to answer because we are not your FS. And she/he would know where you are in your cycle.

Maybe you could ask your FS if DH can give his sample before he goes away so they can freeze it for you to use when you need to.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Penji.. I know EXACTLY what u mean by obsessing. I must get really annoying with my constant talking about it. I'm always thinking about it and running through different scenarios in my head. Drives me NUTS sometimes! Bubhub gives me a bit of release tho which is great for me (and for everyone around me )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Ladies, I'm excited to say ............... FS has given us the go-ahead to start the FSH tomorrow morning Jumping out of my pants with excitement but scared as hell at the same time haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh fabulous news! I presume you called them...just want to say that you should never feel shy to call and ask them questions...you are paying them big bucks to be of service to you...also what I have learnt too is that they have so many patients on their books its important that you are proactive in your treatment otherwise they tend to be a bit production (pardon the pun) line with their service.

good luck for your first cycle and am really praying you get your BFP first time with loads of great embryos for freezing for future siblings

xxx Ivfhopeful xxx