+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What kind of grandparent do you want to be?

That's right! I am asking you to think decades down the track to what kind of grand parent do you want to be? What support do you want to give etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ohhhh I can't wait to be a grandmother hehe! My parents and my DS have such an amazing, special relationship! They get to have so much fun together.

I want to be a soft place to fall. Someone who will let the grandkids be themselves and tell me anything. And most of all, have fun!

Whippet is offline Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I want to be the type of grandparent that enjoys lots of love and cuddles from my grandkiddies, always knowing that I can hand them back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I want to be the type of Grandmother that can help out when I can. I'd be happy to have my Grandkids stay at my house weekends (not every weekend though) maybe once a month. If I am still working by then (my Dad is) then I don't know if I can help during the week, but maybe I can have the grandkids a few days a week if my kids had to work or study. I don't want it to feel like babysitting, but just having fun as Benji said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know what I won't be - I won't be a know-it-all do-nothing grandparent

I hope to have time to read and smell the roses with my grandchildren

I want to go on long walks and look for pixies in the gardens

I want to travel to China in a cardboard box and be home in time for dinner

I want to fly to the moon on a swing and still have time for a bath

I want to wiggle my toes in the sand (umm maybe not I hate sand)

I want to be there without being in the way

I will happily do a few night time shifts and still have a Nanna nap in the arvo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    An old one lol A fun, loving one. My parents are amazing with DD they have such a special relationship and are forever helping out and having so much fun. DD laughs like I've never heard before when with them even when they do the exact same things as me she is very lucky!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fun Grandparent, one where my door is ALWAYS open, day or night for any of my grandchildren.

I want to be the grandparent that has sleepover campouts in my loungeroom with the grand kiddies, take them on day outs one on one and have a close relationship with them.

Also be the grandparent that has her grandkids over to give their parents a much earned break and focus on keeping their marriage alive and special. WITHOUT having to be asked Something we dont have ourselves.