+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FunKy~Mummy is offline If ya filled me with water I would leak. Vampires I tell you they are vampires
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have constant meltdown here, obsessed with money and numbers, fire (clocks km's money etc) cannot do anything on his own (can but its a freaking arguement to get him to) always is preoccupied with the next thing has about a 30 sec attention span!! thats it!! it doesnt matter what he has just gotten he wants the next thing!!! He refuses to sleep in his room, he doesnt transition well with anything home to car, car to home, car to school, inside during the day to inside at night
    he is loud and always buts into conversations, he is over dramatic with everything EVERYTHING!!!!
    AT the moment we are having more bad than good but we are working on that change!!!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippet View Post
    I've put in bold the statement that stands out to me in a big way. He is NEVER grateful for what he recieves, he must always know what others are getting incase he's missing out on something. Oh god, it's painful at times.

Thanks for you quick, 'just about to rush out the door' reply Our boys sound quite similar and as your boy is a little older than mine, it's reassuring so know there can be some change.
    This is one of the things that frustrates me the most, he constantly thinks DS2 gets things he doesn't or is he gets something then assumes DS2 got something bigger/better/faster/whatever. Or He'll see DS2 holding an icecream or something and go into meltdown before even thinking to ask me if he can have one aswell (usually I have his in my hand and am about to give it to him)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD is 4yrs, and is too young to be officially diagnosed with ADHD. She ticks all the boxes and she is exactly how you have descibed your kids. Loud, noisy, demanding, overactive, behaviours that are inappropriate for her age, poor social skills, impulsive, lacks concentration, poor language comprehension although talks constantly, is never happy with what she's got - always wants something more,has major emotional meltdowns over the smallest things. The other thing that concerns me is how she constantly annoys her little sister. Poking, pushing, snatching toys, wrestling, growling noises, stealing food off her plate etc. I know most siblings have altercations, but this just seems worse. She just keeps going and doesn't let up. She seems to enjoy annoying people.

I must add that she also has other issues. Delayed development of motor skills, language/comprehension and eye squint).

I guess for me as DD is only 4yrs some of these things can still be put down to her young age. But our Paed has agreed that she defiantely could fit into the category of ADHD. He has asked that we bring her back for another assessment next year.

To the OP I just wanted to say don't take no for an answer. If you feel your child has ADHD take him to be assessed somewhere else. What state are you in? Look for a support group to join. I have recently joined LADSWA.
    Last edited by monkeytoes; 14-10-2010 at 11:15.

FunKy~Mummy is offline If ya filled me with water I would leak. Vampires I tell you they are vampires
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was 3 when he was diagnosed BUT he is one of the worse cases the paediatrican, the 4 psychs and the Mater hospital staff have ever seen!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeytoes View Post
    My DD is 4yrs, and is too young to be officially diagnosed with ADHD. She ticks all the boxes and she is exactly how you have descibed your kids. Loud, noisy, demanding, overactive, behaviours that are inappropriate for her age, poor social skills, impulsive, lacks concentration, poor language comprehension although talks constantly, is never happy with what she's got - always wants something more,has major emotional meltdowns over the smallest things. The other thing that concerns me is how she constantly annoys her little sister. Poking, pushing, snatching toys, wrestling, growling noises, stealing food off her plate etc. I know most siblings have altercations, but this just seems worse. She just keeps going and doesn't let up. She seems to enjoy annoying people.

I must add that she also has other issues. Delayed development of motor skills, language/comprehension and eye squint).

I guess for me as DD is only 4yrs some of these things can still be put down to her young age. But our Paed has agreed that she defiantely could fit into the category of ADHD. He has asked that we bring her back for another assessment next year.

To the OP I just wanted to say don't take no for an answer. If you feel your child has ADHD take him to be assessed somewhere else. What state are you in? Look for a support group to join. I have recently joined LADSWA.
    You just described my DD who is also 4. I actually have an assessment booked with a paed in november as her OT thinks she is somewhere under that big Aspergers umbrella.

I agree with not taking "no" for an answer. As parents we just know something isn't right sometimes. Even when my GP wrote my referral to the paediatrician she stated that she thinks it is an overreaction by the parents and that we are comparing her to a "gifted" older sibling which is complete rubbish. Why would I be doing this if I didn't generally believe my DD needed help??

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have a dd with adhd she is 3 1/2 and very very high matinance she isnt just hypo though , she does not sink in instruction she will listen to what i ask and while saying ok mum i wont do that she will be doing what she was asked not to.

she also has very violent and dangerous behavior she attacks her carers and other children at dc out of the blue and completely un prevoked she also does it to us at home , all knives and sharp object have to be locked away we have to have deadlocks on all doors that lead out side as she purposly trys to get hit my cars etc

she was so severe we had to go with our last option and medicate her , it ha been a great improvement she isnt as violent anymore and kinder are willing to have her back but only for 4 hrs at a time she still trys to get infront of cars etc while we are out ,

she also does not sleep 3-4 a night and she is done we have also started medicating for that too ....

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    MY DS is only 3, but I had started to make appts to get a referral to a paed as he showed alot of the above. Violent, hitting, screaming, noisy, not sitting still, never stops asking questions and what next type of questions. He'd often scream and tantrum about things not going his way - which is a bit normal for a 3yo, but lots of the time it was like hitting your head against a brick wall as nothing was sinking in. 'Stop hitting your sister she is a baby' 'OK' then straight back to doing it 10seconds later.

I had spoken to someone who had tried the failsafe diet on her DS after him having ALOT of trouble at school and i had always thought my DS reminded me alot of hers. Se we eliminated fruits (apart from pears) and additives from his diet - and it's like a light switch was flicked - albeit fuzzy for the first few weeks. Even now when he occassionally has something he shouldn't - I can see the change. It's like he is a different boy. I realise it's not that simple in alot of cases, but anyone with a younger child that they don't usually diagnose so early - the failsafe diet can go a long way towards helping in some cases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - my DS also has ADHD he is now 7yrs old and it took a long time for me to get the right help. We were sent here there and everywhere but now we are with a good team from child mental health including a child psychologist. This year we have started medication and he is doing so much better at school, homelife is not the best but we are getting there.
    My child also displays alot of what you have all mentioned - I feel for you all as it can be so draining and stressful.
    My advice would be to definitely see a paediatrician and go from there. Best of luck!!!