Closed Thread
Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @JenniwithanI - Good luck with the IVF and M-TESE. Can you please refresh my memory, were you going DS as a backup?
    @bbhope - I hope you are doing well. Is DH dealing better with DS now?
    @MGCBertie - How are things going with you? I have my fingers crossed for BFP for you
    @Femmefatal - I hope you are going ok.

With me I have my good and bad days, yesterday being a bad one when because DH only started a new job on Friday he said that he might not be able to get time of for the TESA on the end of the month. Needless to say I was not very happy at all. Does anyone remember how long it took DH to recover from it? DH works 11pm to 730am so I am hoping that he can go have it done straight after work and then not work that night and then go to work the next night (if this has to happen). Would this be enough recovery time?

This and the fact that the secretary of the urologist said that she can't confirm with the day surgery place until 4 days beforehand does not make me a happy chappy.

Just last week it was just too much when every time I was on facebook someone was now announcing that they were pregnant or just had the baby.

I even cried today when my cousin said I can come hang with her and her baby if I am bored and have nothing to do

DH said that he is scared to do the test (TESA and M-TESE) not to what they will do to him but scared about the results. He is scared that they will tell him that there is no chance for children and then it will become real. He is also scared that once they tell him that I will leave him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... my FET will be this coming Saturday (d24). Yes, but then my IVIG will be two Saturdays before, so 14 days, but that's what they're doing in the US so hopefully it will work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Malak: sorry to hear about your down. I understand way too well. I am also up and down. I have more down these days. There are also many things going on atm. I just want to start the donor now and get it over with. But now it is all waiting and more waiting if so many yrs of waiting isn't enough. You should talk to dh to ensure him that you won't leave him no matter what. I can understand where this is coming from because my dh actually thinks that I am better off finding someone else since I am still young (actually not that young anymore!!)

As for the recovery, I really don't think your dh can go back to work the next day. He can try but I am sure that the dr won't recommend. The dr usually can write medical leave without specific on detail. Ya i do know what u mean about the work and all these. The whole logistic is a nightmare. Let's alone the interstate situation like us.

My dh was so nervous the morning of the mTESE. As you know the whole of our story. Now I feel like I would rather knowing there is no sperm on that day than having the false hope twice. There is no reason to do the mTESE again as the chance drops another half after the first. I don't feel like a proper closure. I thought it was the closure but it isn't. But now dh is hopefully on board with the donor now. In fact, we r moving forward as soon as we find a match.
    Last edited by bbhope; 04-11-2014 at 23:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak - thanks Malak yes we have DS lined up as a back-up. We are totally at peace with it, and expect it to happen. A strange part of me just wants to go to DS knowing we'll probably have a better chance of getting pregnant on it. However, I would never rule out the dream that DH and I would have a bio baby together. We'll see.
    @bbhope thank you for your well wishes and PM, I'll come back to you on PM
    @MGCBertie - I noticed your comment about US system - are you in the US for your procedure? Good look with your FET DE and DS?? x

I've started the IVF injections on Saturday so Day 6 of the IVF cycle now. My ultrasound and first bloods will be Friday. I have to say once I broke through the mental barrier of taking the injections I was fine self administering. Something about having control over the process feels good. I am a little worried it's not working though as I've barely felt different, just a bit of pressure in my abdomen and sore on what would typically be an ovulation pain - just constantly. Only minor headache at the beginning but acupuncture on Monday sorted that out. Yoga tonight and trying not to think about it at work that much.

Just wondering if you girls felt the same or experienced anything different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenni... just a quick reply, but no, I'm in Sydney, but I've researched everywhere, all sorts of clinics, procedures, protocols - well, probably many of us have donw more research about IVF then we spend on our jobs etc!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jenni the stims didn't make me feel that different. Just got more and more pressure in my ovaries in the lead-up to EPU. Hope you have nice follies and lining growing at your scan!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @JenniwithanI: how did the scan go?
    @bertie: hope everything went ok and you are taking it easy for the TWW.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, we are doing well. Going with DS & starting our counselling session today. Hopefully we find a match soon. If we do find a match we will start in dec šŸ˜Š

Me 33 DH 34 azoospermia
    Cycle 1: oct 2014 14 eggs frozen no sperm microdissection

Melbourne ivf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just a quick note but all is going to plan. After my scan on Friday and again on Saturday, the last scan showed I have responded to the meds with 19F on my right measuring from 15-21 and 22F on my L, again measuring about the same. The lining looks good at 7. They could have brought me in today to have them removed, but my FS made the call to push out to Tuesday to line up with my DH for the hope that if we find sperm. I did the trigger injection last night and have egg retrieval tomorrow.

Saturday was my worst day, I didn't sleep very well and in a fair amount of pressure, and back pain, but today I feel fine. Still sore, but ready.

A lot has to happen tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted. Fingers crossed for a miracle, but we're prepared for DS and have that ready to go too. We'll know more in a couple of days.

@Sariele thanks for your comment made me feel better knowing that
    @bbhope thanks so much for your well wishes - I'll let you know as soon as I hear

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and @Femmefatal good luck with the counselling. Amazing you guys have come around to the DS so quickly - at the end of the day - family is family, no matter the make up, but it all takes time. Don't be surprised if you have ups and downs. We all do.
    @mgcbertie good luck with your procedure too, thinking of you.