Closed Thread
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Laura,

We also have be diagnoised with azoo. Ours is slightly different as DH had a vasectomy before i met him. We had it reversed and had a DD who is now two years old.....One year ago we started trying for no2 and after me saying to DH there was something wrong I finally got him to see a FS and he has scar tissue formed so we have an obstructive azoo.

We were referred to a Male fetility specilist who did a biopsy on DH (as the others have discussed) and said they found 'plenty' of sperm so we have them in the freezer awaiting our first attempt at ICSI hopfully at the end of this month early next month.

I would certaintly try and get into a FS asap....its taken us over 8mths to get to this place so its a long process....

Also let your hubby know that my DH's biopsy wasnt particularly painful...he walked out of the procedure and we even went out for lunch straight afterwards.

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the informative replies, and best wishes to all those going through the same thing!

My DH will be very happy to know that the biopsy isn't too bad as he's a big wuss

I guess all we need now is FS recommendations in the Perth Metro area. Are there any WA members out there who can share their FS experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband and I have experienced exactly what you are going though. It is a tiresome experience and there is a lot of process of elimination. It is all worth it. Please don't be disheartened by it. The news is devastating. My husband was a mess. I never thought we would ever fall. I knew nothing about it. Be guided by the health professionals but always be aware and informed yourself of what is happening to you both. Look at the IVF Australia website. Perhaps you could ring them and discuss what fertility clinic you are going to. The procedure has changed even from when we first started to how things are done now. They are evolving all the time.

Here is a link to ICSI:

http://www.ivf.com.au/ivf-fertility-...injection.aspx

We have 3 beautiful children. Twins first with ICSI and a singleton by a frozen embryo. They are amazing at what they can achieve. Never lose faith. Always have something else to fixate on too to keep you occupied. That worked best for us. After all our attempts, we still had 9 frozen embryos.

I wish you all the success and happiness that can come from ICSI. Thinking of you. Stay positive and never lose sight of what you are trying to achieve, a healthy pregnancy, a health child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laura,

My husband and I have recently found ourselves in the same situation. When I saw your post I felt compelled to write to you. This has been by far the hardest 2 weeks of our lives, its the not knowing yet I am so scared of knowing in case they find no sperm in my DH.
    I have so many questions but if you do not wish to answer that is completely fine. I was wondering how it all went for you and your DH? How the results came back? And how long did it take until things started moving forward? We cant get in to see the FS for another 5 weeks and the waiting is extremely hard.
    I truly hope that everything went well for you and your DH.
    Kind Regards
    RT xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi perthcouple
    my husband has low sperm, low mobility he is very thankful that he doesn't have to have the removal injections he just had to read the info brochures on it, and it was enough (but he's a big wuss).... as we are a public patients we had to have every test to mankind before the referral to ivf so it's differently worth doing all the tests first.

there is no way of know what your quality of eggs are like until they extract them in the beginning I was fine just hubby but after 5 stim cycles and endo coming back I'm early menopause and have the quantity and quality of a 45-50 yr old :-( instead of a 32 yr old.

as for Clinics in Perth we had no choice and are at concept but are looking at paying for our treatment (with super if we can get it) and have appoint with Hollywood (supposedly the best) I joined up with the calling all perth girls #15 thread and they're a fantastic support group and give you lots of feedback to what the clinics are like

good luck with your journey I agree with the person that said get counseling my hubby is not that into it but for me, it keeps me sane !!!

talk soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RTT

My DH and I haven't investigated our problems any further, so unfortunately I cannot offer you any advice or comforting words. We've decided to wait a little while longer before going to a FS. We wish you all the best through your fertility journey.

Laura

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laura,

Thanks for responding to my msg. Its such a hard time and I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope everything works out for the best. As we are heading to the FS in a few weeks if you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I am so nervous to see the doctor as there is such a strong possibility that he may give us the news that we do not want to hear. I am just holding on to the vision that he will not, that everything will be ok.

Good luck
    Kind Regards
    RTT

Thanks
    Reviews
    RTT,

Sorry to butt in, but I have been there and done that!
    We discovered over 18 months ago that DH had MFI! I made him have a SA at our local surgery and they found no sperm. We waited a month to see a FS and then he did another SA where they wash out the semen, this time they found 4 to 6 sperm all immotile. The FS made DH have a series BT for genetic testing to make sure there was nothing wrong in that department, all was fine here. The FS asked DH to lay of the alcohol for 4 months and then come back and do another SA, they also found nothing.
    When were then told to start ICSI, but we decided to wait 6 months and then do it. DH would also need to have a biopsy done to extract sperm when I had EPU.
    During the 6 month wait I had a number of tests done to make sure I was okay, which thankfully I was.
    We did the EPU and biopsy on the same day, unfortunately they found no sperm. I would suggest that if your DH ever needs to have a biopsy sure it id sone before you have EPU.
    So now we are waiting 6 months to use sperm from a known donor that we found in September.

It has taken as a long time to come to the realisation that DH will never have biological children of his own. We are so grateful that we found a lovely man who is willing to help us have a family of our own.

Good Luck and I hope the FS gives you only good news!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Puffsgirl11: OMG darl how are you? I was only thinking of you last week, i haven’t seen you on here in ages. I hope the time off has been good to you.
    It sounds like things are moving forward for you in a positive way. I truly hope that you get your BFP very soon
    When is your next cycle?
    EO XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    EternalOptimist,

Hello!
    I'm doing good! I needed a break from all things IVF late last year, just to remind myself that I had a life before we started TTC!
    The break was really good for both DH and myself!
    My next cycle will not be until end of May, early June. I am trying to get my body as healthy as possible so that I can be prepared for all the horrible side effects of IVF!

How have you been? Do you start your next cycle early this month?
    I really hope all works out well for this cycle and I will get to hear about your BFP very soon!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!