+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Defence Valuer? Does this mean the house will go on the market?

I had a message left on my phone this morning from a Defence Valuer. She wanted access to our home and said she was doing all the evaluations in the area.

I thought if something like this was happening that we would get a letter from DHA first? I find it weird to just get a phone call from a stranger wanting to come inside our home.

Also if this does happen does that mean our home will be put on the market?

We've lived here over 2 years without many inspections or anything. And now this pops out of nowhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where abouts r u posted?? I know in my suburb (I'm in Townsville) I'm in a brand new house which dha still owns but they have put it onthe market to investors.... So we don't have to move but the house just changes owners.....

Ur home might be owned by dha or an investor but whoever is obviously just wanting to sell

I would ring DHA first before allowing this person in ur home as they are supposed to notify u first of all this stuff (we had a photographer turn up out of the blue wanting to take photos of our house and we had to move our cars etc early on a sat morning which is against dhas policies so they ended up firing the photography company because they didn't abide by their policies)

We did end up with a letter but it was a week or so later.....

Sorry if that's all over the place!! But yeah just give dha a call and they will tell u what's going on too xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a generic letter from DHA a few months ago saying that valuers would be going to a lot of properties. Give DHA a call to make sure the person who phoned you is legit. If the valuer has been sent by DHA they can then make an appointment with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx ladies

We're near Penrith. And our house is well over 10years old. Im pretty sure its owned by an investor.

Think i'll definately make a phone call to DHA to see whats happening.

In a way I do want to move because our backyard is so steep we cant have any play equipment like a trampoline or anything out there. But at the same time we have nice neighbours and its always such a gamble when moving houses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So i called DHA and was reminded about the letter we received about 8 weeks ago about valuations being done

Its just the standard yearly assessment etc. So it doesnt mean the house is for sale.

Silly me for not remembering about the letter i received 8 months ago, when i can barely remember where i put my handbag