+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which clinic in Sydney does EPU 7 days a week and open during Christmas break?

am collecting information for possible change of clinics. I will do next cycle with current clinic, Westmead Fertility Center but I know they will be closed during Christmas. So if I have to another cycle after next, I would like to move to IVF Australia as I have consulted Dr Sacks there. I encountered problem with WFC before when my EPU has to be advanced due to shut down during long weekend. I sort of remember IVF Australia don’t do EPU on the weekend either. Can any ladies here attending IVF Australia confirm if this is still true? And if you know any clinic in Sydney that does EPU on the weekend, please share.

I know Sydney IVF does EPU on the weekend, but they are too pricey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi K2
    I'm in the same boat, but I'm glad you've now reminded me to check about WFC's shut down dates as I'm also at Westmead. Do you know the dates exactly ?

I have actually elected to go to SIVF because I have been a) knocked back a cycle once because of overbooking at WFC and b) this EPU just gone was 3 days 'overdue' having my EPU because of the long weekend and public holiday. At my 'advanced' age, I can't wait for the delays so will switch clinics if I don't get a BFP on this cycle.

I think it would just be a matter of calling the clinics you mentioned and asking them. Which doc are you seeing at WFC ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi K2chat,

I am with IVF Australia and they do EPU's on Mondays/Wednesdays and fridays including public holidays (not sure about christmas - I think they close down for that - and don't start cycles that will fall at this time). I had an EPU on good friday this year. The EPU not over a weekend hasn't been an issue for me - it would have been if they didn't work on public holidays though.

Transfers for 5 day blastocysts are then Saturday, Monday & Wednesday including public holidays. I have a friend who had a transfer on a sunday so maybe some dr.s are flexible with this too when its not a 5 day transfer.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure that Sydney IVF do EPU and transfers everyday, 365 days a year. Well that was the case when I had DS1 in 2007. I had FET for #2 last year and transfer fell on a Saturday, no probs there.

My FS was the one that did EPU and both my fresh and frozen transfers. But I have to add that Sydney IVF are v.expensive, but I guess that is the price that you pay for having a clinic that is open everyday of the week and that provides you with a high level of care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply, ladies, I really appreciate it.

Lilbirdy, I had similar experience as your recent one in WFC. Although that is the best cycle I have ever bad in terms reaching blasto. It was still an inconvenience not having EPU at the optimum time after so much preparation leading up to it. I don't know the exact date, I asked the nurse in my last call but she couldn't tell me the exact date. My FS is Dr Smith at WFC.

I had 3 cycles done at Sydney IVF and didn't feel we get adequate care from the FS though most nurses are good except the leading nurse is quite domineering.

I moved to WFC because I found Dr Smith is very attentive. I had a rare allergy towards one of the fertility drugs, every other FS I saw for this couldn't think of any solution but Dr Smith offered to test with alternative. Although I didn't need this in the end but I am impressed by his thoroughness and problem solving attitude.

But just like you, I can't afford to get on waiting list to get treatment at this age. So if necessary, I have to move to other clinic that can offer treatment with more flexibility.

As for calling clinic to inquire, I did that before but different receptionist will give different answers.

Pinkbutterfly, Thank for your first hand information, I guess that explains why I get different answers from different clinics of IVF Australia. That sounds better than WFC in the case of long weekend.

Thank you My3Boyz, I agree Sydney IVF has the most flexible processes. If in the end I decide to go to Sydney IVF again, I just need to see a different FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with it K2. One of the reasons I asked about your doc is that I know Gayer works with IVF Australia as well, so should you happen to be with her, it would be a relatively easy move across.

I have made my 'insurance' appointment with Mark Bowman at SIVF, I have been reccommended him and I'd really like my FS to do all my procedures. So far at WFC, Dr Gayer has not done one of them, although she has requested on my file to do this next ET because my previous one was a bit haphazard.

Again, good luck.xx

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    K2Chat: I am with Sydney IVF and they are open 365 days a year and also do proceedures every day. This is fantastic becasue they do proceedures when YOU and YOUR body are ready for them. But like you said they are procey and you def pay for this type of convenience

Lilbirdy: We are with Dr Bowman and he is fantastic, he comes highly recommended by a lot of people. You should google his name and see all the stuff he is involved with - pretty impressive. He has done all of our proceedures himself even though one has fallen on a weekend. He is straight to the point and doesn't pi55 around with trying to fluff things up to make you feel better - he just tells it how it is, which for me is awesome. I personally really like his nurses as well, they are very attentive and no question is ever too big of a deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know of a clinic that only shuts down for one day over xmas fertility first. But comparing it to the IVFAust clinic I like IVFAust clinic better.

I was put on clexane and baby asprin by the last clinic with two BFN's. when I fell pregnant naturally with last boyf I didnt need it. I was confused why I should take it. And with the IVFAust they didnt put me on it and look BFP. So I have my reservations about fertility first in hurstville.

I do know with IVFAust they time your cycle so that it will fall on Monday, Wednesday, Friday for EPU and ET. It worked like clock work for me. I too was worried they wouldnt fall on those days but they adjusted my dose so that I would be ready for the wednesday.

Im not sure if they close over xmas, but I do know they do ET and EPU on public holidays.

I also know Im sooo glad to have not gone to WFC because of the way they treat people and Im glad and happy to be with IVFAust.

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know of a clinic that only shuts down for one day over xmas fertility first. But comparing it to the IVFAust clinic I like IVFAust clinic better.

I was put on clexane and baby asprin by the last clinic with two BFN's. when I fell pregnant naturally with last boyf I didnt need it. I was confused why I should take it. And with the IVFAust they didnt put me on it and look BFP. So I have my reservations about fertility first in hurstville.

I do know with IVFAust they time your cycle so that it will fall on Monday, Wednesday, Friday for EPU and ET. It worked like clock work for me. I too was worried they wouldnt fall on those days but they adjusted my dose so that I would be ready for the wednesday.

Im not sure if they close over xmas, but I do know they do ET and EPU on public holidays.

I also know Im sooo glad to have not gone to WFC because of the way they treat people and Im glad and happy to be with IVFAust.