Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread and just looking for somewhere that might understand the fear that has obsessed me today. I have a long history of recurrent miscarriage (6 in 14 months) and this is my first pregnancy since October last year (5w5d today). Everything is going perfectly so far, according to the FS, levels are rising nicely and I have my first scan on Friday at 6w4d.

This is the longest of 5/6 miscarriages so far and the 6th one was a blighted ovum. Having now passed all dates of the previous miscarriages, I am petrified that the scan on Friday is going to show another blighted ovum. I had a blighted ovum which was terminated at 11 weeks in October 2011. I have been on DHEA since February 2012 to improve egg quality to make sure it doesn't happen again but I just have this horrible fear that won't subside today that Friday is going to show an empty sac again.

I have no reason at all to be worried other than my history and I've tried staying calm but some days the anxiety is worse than others; today it's bad. Has anyone else experienced a blighted ovum and future pregnancies were fine? How did you cope? I'm so anxious about this.

Thanks for listening.