+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've commented that my mothers group keeps 'popping them out' but that's a joint effort... (at one point 8 were pregnant at the same time - they've started their babies now in rapid succession)

Though having had a verrryyyy long labour I'm well aware there's nothing *pop* about it.

Though seriously yeah I can see why that would be offensive to be said of a large family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Five for now

I love that you have your own comments for such rude ppl. Even thou you would not say them because you are too polite i love that you think them, made me smile.
    I am not a mum of many but would love to be and look at my friends with 4 kids on ore at the great job they do and the kids they have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KerriO For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (24-12-2010)

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ex used to say it all the time when I was pregnant with DD "So, when you pop the baby out..." and it bothered me so much. i don't know if it was just the way he said it, or because he bothered me in general

But seriously, I don't think it's a very nice phrase, it certainly doesn't respect the whole birth process. I once had a check out lady poke me in the stomach to try and 'pop' me at K mart. "You looked so bih, I thought I'd try and pop you"

"Seriously? You want me to POP right here?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never found it offensive when someone would say "When are you going to pop that baby out?" I would even use 'pop' in that context about myself sometimes.

I do find it offensive when someone says "Oh, you just keep popping them out, don't you?"

I also hate comments like, "When's the next one coming?" and "Isn't it about time you were pregnant again?" All said in a very rude way. Seriously, the next time someone says it I will let them have it.

What do they expect? Just because I have four does not mean I am planning to continue having babies until I die. I find it extremely rude and insulting. It also makes me not want to have another baby because I don't want to prove them right.

I recently saw my brothers GF at a family event (she's 19 or 20) and after seeing my son walk she said "He's walking now, isn't it time for another one?" I was seriously offended by this comment. What on earth made her think it was okay to say this to me?

I could go on about this all day, it upsets me that much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I actually said this ("popping them out") about a friend of mine last night, I was talking to my parents. I instantly regretted saying it as I realised how awful it sounded, it sounded quite mean in the context I said it too. Not something I'll be repeating that's for sure.