+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarz2009 View Post

i really dont see the problem in posting photos of children on FB! my privacy settings are set really high
    If people only realised that fb privacy settings are a load of crap! I challenged my brother (who is very clever tech wise) to hack into my privacy settings on fb and guess what? He got in and had access to my photos......

I think people are crazy to post their kids pics on fb, each to their own, but I wouldn't do it.

I can understand how p*ssed your BIL is too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, privacy settings really mean very little. If someone wants to get in they can and will.

It's up to each individual parent what they feel is an acceptable risk. I've gone through phases where I'll post a few pics and phases where I won't. Generally I don't like it though.

My profile pic is DD but she has her back to the camera.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    no i dont mind if a family member does it as we all do it with each others kids.

BUT...we have given eachother permission in the past and kinda gave an OK to do it for the future too, yet we actually still say to eachother 'do you want this posted' or 'can i post it'....these are my sisters im talking about and we are all very close.

i would also have a HUGE issue if someone posted a photo of my new baby without me asking, that is my baby and i want to be the first to show it off or at least have a say in it.
    i was the first to post photos of my nephew on FB for my sisters friends too see but she had asked me too as her phone had died and we made sure ALL direct family had seen him first IRL.

sorry but i can understand why he was ticked off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesby05 View Post
    Yes, privacy settings really mean very little. If someone wants to get in they can and will.

It's up to each individual parent what they feel is an acceptable risk. I've gone through phases where I'll post a few pics and phases where I won't. Generally I don't like it though.

My profile pic is DD but she has her back to the camera.
    Mine is of my DD1 wearing a Hulk mask

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SorenLorensen View Post
    Mine is of my DD1 wearing a Hulk mask

Mine atm is the St George Dragons Emblem....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't mind, but would maybe like it be asked first before someone posted my children on the net. Security or not they are my kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    yes i do hate it. my sister has coop on her fb without my permission. if i gave her permssion to have his pic up, i wouldnt care but because she has done it without asking me, i dont like it. she has his full name and birth date on the album as well. what really p!sses me off is that she will add any bob, jane and larry onto her fb.

i have asked her to remove his photos but she wont

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by me n he View Post
    yes i do hate it. my sister has coop on her fb without my permission. if i gave her permssion to have his pic up, i wouldnt care but because she has done it without asking me, i dont like it. she has his full name and birth date on the album as well. what really p!sses me off is that she will add any bob, jane and larry onto her fb.

i have asked her to remove his photos but she wont
    Have you tried reporting it to facebook and saying you own the copyright for those photos? Just an idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd rather people didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be upset if they posted pics of my DD without my permission so I totally understand your BIL's POV.

It's really upto your sister and BIL to put them on facebook whatever. Also you could have used email.