+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it was a family member it wouldn't bother me in the slightest! When my DD was born my brother posted pics of her. I thought it was cute that he wanted to show her off

My SIL has posted pics of both my kids without asking, that doesn't bother me.

My Mum often re-posts pics that I've put up to show off to her friends, again, it doesn't bother me at all.

DD's Godmother posts pics of her a lot (she does ask though as she's had trouble with other friends being nasty about it )

That being said, I'm very easy going. If your brother really has a problem with it, it would be a good idea to respect his wishes (maybe he's just pished that he didn't get to post the first pics himself?)

Oh, and Congratulations on the birth of your little niece!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would like to be asked for permission first actually - I have heaps and heaps of pictures of DS on facebook so that family can see them who don't live close to us. It's by far the easiest way for them all to see photos of him. However, my privacy settings are extremely tight, and I know for a fact that most of my facebook friends and family members have their photos available to the public. My sister was going to start an album of DS but I asked her to ensure it is set to private first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm fine with my family putting photos of DS up and they're happy with me putting photos of their kids up. It's a personal thing though and if someone was uncomfortable with it I'd have no hesitations taking the photos off.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    within reason.. if they came to our child's birthday and put a picture of them with our child (untagged, thankyou!) then that's okay. but all the 'braggy' type pictures that proud parents tend to put up is our prerogative, not theirs, and i would be offended if they put up a whole heap of them. kwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in agreeance with the BIL- Especially with the whole its THEIR new baby, they may have wanted to be the ones to show pics to other family members. You should have at LEAST asked them first.

Posting pics of other peoples children to me is overstepping the mark. They are not your child, I won't post pics of anyone in a pic with my DD on FB, and I will have issues with anyone who does- I don't know who is on their friends list or what paedophiles they have looking at their page.

I am my DDs mother and if I want to publicly post pics of her then it is up to ME

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It would bother me if ANYONE posted pictures of my children on Facebook. I hardly ever do it, so they should never do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I would mind. Very much.

But if said family member asked first and let me know which photo then I'm sure I would be ok with it.

It really is just a respect thing to me, that you should always ask first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im not bothered by it when its family or friends when my child is with theirs.

I did have one friend once who posted a full frontal nude picture of my DS and her DD. I couldnt get to the phone quick enough to ask her to remove it. Seriously - what was she thinking????? A cute photo for a private family album - but the net?????

As for your problem OP - they arent your kids and their parent has specifically requested that your remove them. I would do it immediately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandbump View Post
    If the aunty really wanted to see the picture then why couldn't you have just emailed it to her?

Or posted it to a photo sharing site and sent her the link to it- that way not everyone on your friends list could see it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes I would. If they asked first then I would think about, talk to dh and then decide. I would be very angry if someone posted photos of my newborn before I had a chance to do so as part of announcement. Maybe they didn't want that person (aunt) to see them. Maybe they had something special planned to send out etc..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast