+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I just ask, what are people worried about as far as what could happen to these photos of their kids? What is the fear?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone can see these photos, and share these photos online. Just because you think they are safe, it doesn't make it so. Anyone can copy, paste, send, upload to another website, and before you know it, anyone, yes anyone, could have the photo of your child!

I will not have my kid online for reasons more serious then some - his father is a flight risk, I have his first born son, and the family have demonstrated before an ability to run without a trace. I wont have my son online to be tracked.

I also dont feel it fair to share his life online without his permission, if that makes any kind of sense to anyone else. It feels to me as it would sharing my friends life through photos online, just wrong. When he is older he can decide what part of his life is online and what isn't. [within reason of course]

As for family and friends wanting to keep up with him and his life, they know where we live and what my phone number is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Crumble View Post
    Can I just ask, what are people worried about as far as what could happen to these photos of their kids? What is the fear?
    They can be used by other people for sinister purposes, I hear of many stories of people having their photo's stolen of their children and used in child trafficing purposes, if they can get your photo's, track where you live, easy target for kidnapping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarz2009 View Post
    i forgot 2 mention that BIL is a total cocky person.. when my sis did have the baby he was SOO rude to everyone who visited! then my sis moaned because everyone stopped visiting her!

i think its just some people hate the idea of facebook altogether! Some only use it for gossip and other use it for trouble making!
    Cocky or not hun, it's still HIS child's photo on the internet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because of safety reasons. DS1 in particular it's definately not safe to have photos of him on there because if they were seen by the wrong people, and the places the photos were taken etc were found out it would put every single one of us in an unsafe position. And for this reason photos of my other children also can't be put up.

Not only that though, it's very easy for a photo to be stolen and misused. And I don't want photos of my children used in that sort of way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme-Fetale View Post
    Anyone can see these photos, and share these photos online. Just because you think they are safe, it doesn't make it so. Anyone can copy, paste, send, upload to another website, and before you know it, anyone, yes anyone, could have the photo of your child!

Exactly.

There was a 'member' on here not to long ago who had stolen photo's of a child in USA & claimed her as her own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He has a right not to want pics of his kid online, but if others are posting them and you know he's only upset about YOU uploading them yes I agree he is just being a d!ck.
    Last edited by JATS; 30-09-2010 at 09:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinupsez View Post
    I wouldn't appreciate it without prior discussion...
    This^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    See below....

Quote Originally Posted by Femme-Fetale View Post

I also dont feel it fair to share his life online without his permission, if that makes any kind of sense to anyone else. It feels to me as it would sharing my friends life through photos online, just wrong. When he is older he can decide what part of his life is online and what isn't. [within reason of course]

As for family and friends wanting to keep up with him and his life, they know where we live and what my phone number is.

Something that has annoyed me previously was this... I had some photos on FB and MIL printed some off, without my permission. We went to her house, and there was my profile picture in a frame on her coffee table I'm not denying her pictures of the boys, but if she wanted some more all she had to do was ask. I have no idea who they could be distributed to, not by MIL, but by anyone at all who goes to my profile and copies them. Hence the reason i don't have photos on my FB profile anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JATS View Post
    He has a right not to want pics of his kid online, but if others are posting them and you know he's only upset about YOU uploading them yes I agree he is just being a d!ck.
    Agree. I have heaps of photos, and I dont mind at all. Your BIL is an idiot if others are allowed to post photos but no you. Are you perhaps friends with someone he doesnt want seeing the photos?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast