ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Depends who it is. My family, no worries cause only my sister has FB & I have access to her account.
    If it was DH's family, I'd be pretty cranky. Call it double standards but his family are less than desirable people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think your BIL was well within his rights to ask you to take them down. You didn't ask first...

I don't let anyone post photo's of my children, not even my dh. Without my express permission first.

I would give others the same courtesy. As pp said, why facebook? Could you not have emailed a pic. That probably wouldn't bother me so much.

Oh and yes I am one that *dislikes* facebook...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind if it's family or close friends, I would be a bit miffed if it was someone I wasn't close to though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have an album that is DS's friends - so photos of DS and his friends playing etc. the only people who can see the album is my family and then the people of the children in the album. I have always checked with the parents b4 i post though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't be impressed at all. No matter what your privacy settings, the photos are still accessible by pretty much anyone. I think your BIL was well within his rights in asking you to take them down, they are of his daughter after all, and if he doesn't want her pictures exposed to the internet that's his choice.
    If your aunt wanted to see a picture, why didn't your sister or BIL organise it, or could you have emailed it instead?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely I would take it down in a heart beat. The bottom line is the photo is not of your child... and nothing is ever safe on the internet. I've been asked to remove photos and I have done so straight away... because once again - bottom line - not your child.

I'm having this same issue with an oh so charming ex SIL... she refuses to delete the photos because the kids are "blood" to her and only her friends can see the photos - don't think she realises someone comments anyone can. It's been going on for months - problem being one of my kids is definately not her blood! It drives me absoluely bonkers! It is the parents right to say yes or no to photos on the internet... no one else's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do not post photos of my kids online and I like to ask permission if photos have other peoples kids, just because I've been online enough to know some people prefer to try and avoid it.

I have had friends put photos of my kids up and I haven't spoken to them about removing them because, I am not soo worried about it. I can also understand as it's usually friends without kids or other friends to whom the internet privacy thing isn't such a concern. - So I know they wouldln't have meant to offend or otherwise upset me by putting them up. More so they are sharing part of their lives that we inhabit too.

If I thought the pics were somehow innapropriate or I was highly worried about who would see them, I probably would ask for them to be removed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't mind if I'm asked first, unless it's my mum then she just posts them all up without discussion but her friends are on my friends list anyway since we all know each other and she has one group of friends who are teens and she only has them on there for 1 purpose and blocks them from anything else on her FB page. I have a friend who has no pictures of her daughter on FB because she doesn't want the photos to be on the internet at all so I can imagine what she'd do if someone posted pics of her DD on FB. She'd flip out and rightly so too because she made a decision with her DP not to post them. My cousin's DD is the same with their son and will with the next one as well. They will not post photos on the internet of their kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I'd have a MASSIVE issue with it... it is MY child and I will decide who will post MY child online and WHERE online.... at the end of the day though, NO ONE is allowed to share my childs identity online, and I don't do it myself either! It is also for this reason I wont allow anyone to take a photo that includes my child, because you don't have any rights to the photo
    Last edited by Femme-Fetale; 30-09-2010 at 07:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ask permission before posting up photo's of my neice on my page. I would be P1ssed if anyone posted up photo's of my kids on their page without asking, they have friends on their page I dont know!!