ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mamaduke is offline Jacob Louis has arrived!
    Winner 2007 – The ‘Tell It Like It Is’ Straight Shooter Award
    & The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I was asked to remove a photo I would not hesitate in doing so.
    I have the highest privacy settings on FB but once one of my friends comments on a photo, that opens my entire album up to their friends.
    I've seen so many photos which were obviously set to 'friends only' and only because someone I know has commented on it, or has been tagged in one.
    Nothing on the internet is completely private and some people are not willing to risk it, and that's their prerogative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No i couldn't care less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont have an issue with myself or partner posting photos of my DD on facebook.

But I can't stand when other people do it... SIL!!!

My sister put some up from her wedding, thats fine as they are wedding photos.
    SIL puts photos up of random sh!t that she has taken & she had over 500 friends at one time and I don't want everyone seeing my DD's photos.

When my baby is born I will be really p!ssed if ANYONE puts photos up of him on Facebook. It is my right as a parent to say who puts photos up.

My SIL did this to my other SIL last year when her baby was born. She was told not to but she did it anyway. If i find out she does it with my baby I will not be impressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Close relatives no problems... Distant ones might worry me... Also it would depend on the image being shared... There are photos you don't share with the net community even if they seem harmless and I would want my relatives to appreciate that fact. Too many freaking weirdos in the world for my liking...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    depends which family member it was to be honest, as I have family members that have people as friends that i do not like/agree with their way of life. iykwim. I would trust that someone would ask my permission. if only she wanted photos you should have emailed them, not popped them on FB.

eta- i would also get mighty annoyed if someone put picture up without me even putting some up for my OWN friends/family to see :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should take them down. They are not your children. If someone had pictures of my children on facebook and I was not asked about it first I would be really annoyed.

It is about privacy and if someone does not like facebook and it is their children then you don't use facebook to show pictures of their children. You could always email a photo to them or something.

Privacy on facebook as been shown to be suspect as it has been well publicized.

If you had an issue with someone doing something to do with your children that you did not agree with you would want them to respect your wishes. So the same should go for other people.

The fact that you have not yet taken them down shows that you have not taken what he said seriously and that would annoy me to. Deleting photos takes like 2 clicks of the mouse button.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sarz2009 View Post
    My sister recently had a baby girl, my aunty and close friends sent me messages on FB asking for me to post pictures as my Aunty lives in another state and we rarely see her.

I posted two pics of my gorgeous neice on FB and my aunty called thanking me and saying how much she appreciated it. not even an hour later i got another phone call from my BIL saying "i see you have a picture of my daughter on FB, i want it removed now. i dont want any photos of my kids on there"

i agreed (but still havent gotten aroound to deleting the photos) then after i got off the phone i had a look on FB at other family members pages and realised they had pictures of my sisters other three kids.

i really dont see the problem in posting photos of children on FB! my privacy settings are set really high and i dont mind it when my friends put my DS on there. strangers look at him everyday weather i like it or not! (if that makes sense??)

would you have a problem with a family member posting photos of your child?
    yes. I certainly would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If the aunty really wanted to see the picture then why couldn't you have just emailed it to her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If it was my new born and I'd just had her and I didn't even have the right to post the first beautiful pictures of my DD then YES if be p!ssed!! Pictures of your grown up children and your newborn who you have yet to show to the world are different!!

I think it's over stepping and pretty inconsiderate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For myself? I wouldnt mind, as long as they let me know (and maybe tagged me in the photo even though it's Jasper so it appeared in my album as well)

With others id ask first. Even with people I know will say yes I ask and then link it to them so they see what I've posted.

A lot of people don't like their childrens photos being posted on the Internet where 'anyone' could veiw without their knowing or permission - and fair enough

Id take the photos down asap