+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Mummy Health Issue of a Personal Nature!

Hi all,

Just wondering if we could talk about something a bit personal for those who are open to it as I don't know who else to speak with about this.

I am getting worried about the lack of healing "down below" since I had my baby on the 5th may this year. Things just are still painful despite several dr's and gynos telling me everything looks okay.

I had a natural drug-free delivery in the bath with minor tearing and grazing which was stitched apart from a small graze right near the urethra. My baby was big (4 kg) with a large head circumference. This graze stung like hell every time I did a wee for about 3 months. Peeing has only just stopped reducing me to tears in the last couple of weeks, 4 months on. The wound is looking mostly healed (finally) but I still find it unbearble to have sex with my husband or to even have a pap smear. It seems that my vagina simply refuses to stretch anymore and I cannot work out what the problem is.

I am starting to despair at every being able to resume normal sexual relations with poor DH ever again (let alone conceive baby no 2!). He is being incredibly patient, but still, it does start to effect your relationship.

Sorry if this is too much information but I am really interested if anyone else had pain of this type way longer than what you should and how long it took to get back to normal?

Cheers! Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately this seems to be quite normal (from what I can gather). In the General Chat section in the Pregnancy part of the community forums there has recently been a discussion of this sort of thing and I remember someone saying that the lack of stretching is something to do with hormones, especially if you're breastfeeding (at least I think they said that!). From my own experience things do get gradually better, but I'm not completely back to normal yet (after 7 months - ) but people assure me that you do get there.

L

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,I had about 24 stitches (also form a v.large bub 4.4kg) but didnt suffer any pain/discomfort from stitches afterwards (Big thanks to my friend who delievered my bub and stitched me up! )
    However I did experience painful sex for a short time after bub was born (6 wks till after the fifth month) it was probably more uncomfortable than painful, and I actually feel tighter (sorry if thats too much info ) after the birth. Its 14 months since birth and our sex life is better, however I still feel cautious about that area if u get my meaning. If I where you I'd be getting a second opinion if things dont start getting better- I wouldnt put up with the pain. Sorry I cant be much more help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Melski

Wow, I had my little guy on 5th May as well....also natural birth with slight tearing.

I also do not feel "right" yet and have not even attempted to have sex....the thought scares me silly!!

I am just hoping that things will improve over time......

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews

Question A pain in the unowot

Hey Melski, I feel for you - I have a similar problem I was going to post about....
    I had my little guy on 12th May, and am also still having problems. My husband and I have no issues just a little dryness (due to bf I guess). I have a fissure (2 small ones) and am having excrutiating pain with bowel motions. It was recommended I use Calmoseptine cream to help it heal (has anyone else been recommended this?) and wait it out, but now that it's been almost four months, I'm wondering how long I should be leaving it?! They can do a surgery on this type of thing, however, I would rather explore non-surgical options where possible. Can anyone suggest anything that I might try?
    I guess I know what it means to be anal retentive now ......
    P - mum to Izak 12/05/2005

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I too have not healed down below fully as yet either.
    My dd was born on 9/6 and I had to have an episiotomy and the vacumn extractor thing to get her out.

Sex is getting a little better. I think although its the last thing on my mind lately, you have to do it more often to help things out down there.

I have found sex not too bad, still uncomfortable and feels somewhat like a chinese burn at times. I did get my first period the other day though since having dd and boy I was uttlerly shocked that a tampon was as painful as it was. I had to use pads for this time but am hoping to try and use tampons next month. A tampon should be a walk in the park one would assume if you can handle sex !!!!

Anyone else found similar issues with tampons??

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had third degree tear with dd and was in severe pain for 12 weeks. So very sore to walk etc. Although sex turned out to be better after that than before ie; not as tight. With ds who is only four weeks I was cut to stop me from tearing but I tore on the old scar anyway. This time I had second degree still took 2 hours to stitch however it isnt as sore as the first and I'm already thinking about sex (passing thoughts) maybe a couple of weeks I'll see. Although #2s keep tearing the tear everytime I go. I don't want to scar anyone but this doesn't sound the norm, I know a girl who had to have surgery to correct it as apparently she was stitched up wrong.
    Did any of you have your six week check up? They should have done an internal to check the stitches.
    Get it checked out just in case!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, Still uncomfortable for me too. Three months on after natural birth and lots of stitches (apparantly the result of all the horseriding I've done) and sex is still uncomfortable. Getting a bit better as time goes on but I'm so cautious because my stitches have actually made it feel tighter. DH has patience of a saint but yes it does affect your relationship. Still, getting better as time goes on but if you're worried and in pain go to another Dr if you can - I actually feel a bit better after reading everyone's responses here as I was beginning to wonder if it was normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh God!!!!

I don't want to sound rude, but i'm in shock!!! I had no idea it was that bad and that difficult and long to recover!!

My first is due next March, I think i've just freaked myself out reading these posts!

I knew there would be healing time, but I didn't realise it affected going to the toilet and simply walking!

I'm scared!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    hate to burst your bubble, but my daughter is 21 months old and I still get pain during sex.