+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Unhappy Looking for advice, help, anything.......

Okay, I just really need advice. I'm starting to completely lose it. Something needs to change.

If you were me: how would you make your life better?

At the moment, I have:
    • no satisfying friendships - just acquaintances. Nobody I catch up regularly with/have fun together with
    • not enough money
    • no men interested in me
    • no yard for my child to play in
    • no licence, and no car that is registered/works
    How do I improve my life? I have zero quality of life. I realise some people don't need people around them and are okay. I am the sort of person that needs to talk to different people every day to be healthy....I am going out of my mind. if I don't talk to people, I need to at least be around nature. Which is impossible without a yard or a car. I can't get them because I have no money. The circle goes around and around.

If you were ME, if someone came and transported YOU into my body and my situation, what would YOU do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How old is your child? Have you thought about joining a playgroup? Got a park nearby you could have a picnic lunch in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandbump View Post
    How old is your child? Have you thought about joining a playgroup? Got a park nearby you could have a picnic lunch in?

He is 5 and goes to primary school. I have being to the local parks 500 million times, if I see the local parks again I will vomit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I guess the first step I would take would be either applying for work (if you dont work already, I dont know if you do sorry!), or applying to study again - something that INTERESTS you. Once you start either, a new door for meeting new people opens, if you get what I mean?

I wasnt as stuck in a rut, but I found my brain was turning to mush once DS1 started school and DS2 statred Kindy, so I looked for work, nothing really applied as such, so I started my Diploma of Accounting that Ive wanted to do for years. In the process Ive found a new sense of esteem and met people doing the same course and made new friends that way. Does that make sense?

I guess these foundation need to be started first before the others follow? They will flow easier I reckon
    Last edited by Mahjong; 24-09-2010 at 14:54.

Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I would be seeing a doctor about how I am feeling, first off.

I would also perhaps try and see someone in the community health service.

They may know of a social group or some people you can talk to, to build lasting friendships with.

I know you have no money to join a club or anything, but some things are free to be a part of.

Can you see if your council has any where you can volunteer, or a church or similar may have a few crafty groups you can join.

I think you could be guided by looking at your hobbies interests, and see if you can join a walking group, or community garden or something.

I know these things exist, I do not necessarily know how to contact people to be apart of them.

That is why I suggested the doctor or community health.

There are lots of free things to do, but sometimes finding them is difficult.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TomblibooMum View Post
    I guess the first step I would take would be either applying for work, or applying to study again. Once you start either, a new door for meeting new people opens, if you get what I mean?

I wasnt as stuck in a rut, but I found my brain was turning to mush once DS1 started school and DS2 statred Kindy, so I looked for work, nothing really applied as such, so I started my Diploma of Accounting that Ive wanted to do for years. In the process Ive found a new sense of esteem and met people doing the same course and made new friends that way. Does that make sense?

I guess these foundation need to be started first before the others follow? They will flow easier I reckon
    I graduate from uni in November. Yeah, I used to think that too. I have no friends at uni. I also work, casually. Going to work is probably the highlight of my life, it is really interesting. I don't work in a "team", I get called in and sent out to locations whenever I am needed so I don't really get to establish any bonds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    where abouts in Aus do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooves View Post

I would be seeing a doctor about how I am feeling, first off.

I would also perhaps try and see someone in the community health service.

They may know of a social group or some people you can talk to, to build lasting friendships with.

I know you have no money to join a club or anything, but some things are free to be a part of.

Can you see if your council has any where you can volunteer, or a church or similar may have a few crafty groups you can join.

I think you could be guided by looking at your hobbies interests, and see if you can join a walking group, or community garden or something.

I know these things exist, I do not necessarily know how to contact people to be apart of them.

That is why I suggested the doctor or community health.

There are lots of free things to do, but sometimes finding them is difficult.

HTH

Anti-depressants, hey? No thanks. I know what I need as a person to be healthy - healthy relationships. Money, nature and a car would be good too.

I did go to church but I don't fit in - it's either young singles or married couples. I've given up trying to find people who dont' think I'm a horrid person. I just don't know what I keep doing wrong. If I did, obviously I would change it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    An Chen, I have read a few of your posts and it sounds like you are going through a very hard time. Things can get better, but you need to make it happen!!

No sure how old your child is, but do you go to a local park? I go to the same one all the time, and got to know a few girls that way, one who has become a good friend. It just started off as a "hi" and then "you're here again?" etc etc chit chat, and before long it was let's have coffee etc. If you frequent the same places, it is a good opportunity to meet people. Ok just saw your post about vomiting re the park - understand where you are coming from but you sound very lonley and it is better than sitting at home.

Also totally agree, any part-time job must be a positive thing?

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHayRiffic View Post
    where abouts in Aus do you live?
    Where you live.