+ Reply to Thread
    Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default where to sell craft stuff

Hi ladies

I've started making cards, and people seem to think that they are good enough to sell, so I was just wondering how i go about doing this. I've not got a clue!! DP suggested ebay, but I'm not sure.

Any advice ladies??

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, i made cards for awhile too. you may not have much luck with etsy and ebay, as people are reluctant to pay for postage for cards...

what i did was put them in local stores - bought stands and then asked in local shops if i could sell them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    agree with the pp's..but also what about small shops local to you - little gift stores and alike...

Set a wholesale price and RRP - then sell them to the shops on consignment - which means they basically pay you once they sell your product and if it doesn't sell they can return it - so basically no risk to them...

also local craft markets and farmers markets.. so you would be retailing them then...

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the tips. there is a little gift shop just 10 mins walk from my place, so i might pop in there and speak to them.

I also thought about the markets. I had a look at our local ones at the weekend, and there is one stall that sells cards, but they are of a very different style to mine, so i might have some joy there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    www.webs.com is great if you want to sell via the internet but don't want to pay for using ebay etc. You can make your own website and online shop really easily and for free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh wow, that sounds perfect, thanks 3against1. i'll check that out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, awesome, thank for the reminder of what I was going to do once bub got here. Been so tied up with work that I forgot, but that's about to end now so I'd been freaking out. Thanks all!

Last edited by tyrahsaurus; 02-10-2010 at 10:49. Reason: ticker won't work :(