ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please take the time to let your kids know how important they are

After an absolutely horrific experience this am (which I won't go into as I don't know if the Mum involved is a member in here) but please make sure everyone always takes the time to make sure your kids know just how loved, supported and important they are.
    I think there are times for 'Chin up' and times where a kid needs to be able to break down and be vulnerable and know that Mum, Dad or whoever will drop EVERYTHING to support them.

Trying SO very hard not to be a judgementle biache......

I know I'd lose it all for my kids. OMG I don't think I can cry any more today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    its so true that we should appreciate our children. i think sometimes we just get caught up in the daily grind and we sometimes need to take a step back and know just how important they are.

though i won't lie - i am curious as to what happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a little confused by the post but yes I will make sure. I think she knows... she never goes minutes without me kissing her and desperately trying to teach her say 'love you mummy' back to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsen View Post
    I am a little confused by the post but yes I will make sure. I think she knows... she never goes minutes without me kissing her and desperately trying to teach her say 'love you mummy' back to me.
    Aww that's so sweet! I get told that often, I think because she is told often by me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sometimes its the parent who finds it hard to keep their chin up and totally fall to pieces.

My children are the world to me, but there have been times where I have struggled to be EXACTLY what they need at a particular point in time.

Its all part of benig an imperfect human I guess.

I too am curious as to what you are talking about.

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just trying to vent a little regarding something that happened this am with a friend of my DS's, the super brave little thing, having to go through something pretty big on his own. It has just really made me open my eyes and realise how lucky I was to have a 'Drop everything' type of family to support me and have in turn become that for my kids. I do understand sometimes parents need to get outside help but some times it's a case of 'only Mum will do'

poss still not making sense just outpouring really
    Last edited by 3'llhavetodo; 16-09-2010 at 12:38. Reason: attempting to clarify my rambling

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also experienced a 10 mth old being left on his own in hospital for 3 days (that I saw) without his parents. (again super hard not to be a judgemental biache) I guess this one just struck a little closer to home.

Again it is kinda hard to explain without giving to many things just incase the Mum is on here as I know she is doing the best she knows how to...