+ Reply to Thread
    dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should I even consider it?

Hiya all

We'll Ain's having beautiful Tommy has made me start thinking about having another............ DD is SUCH a good baby, however I was sooooooo sick with her that I am almost scared to do it again.....

A little bit of background, DF and I suffered from infertility, I have PCOS and DF had VERY low Sperm numbers, motility etc.... So we tried ourselves for a year and then went on to do 6 months of fertility treatment to get pregnant...... I am SO thankful it only took us 6 months our FS is amazing!

So when I FINALLY got pregnant we were overjoyed, all our friends and family were going on the ride with us too so they were all thrilled..... I was originally going to tell the general family and friends at 12 weeks however at 5 weeks, I developed severe Hyperemesis and began to spiral into the trials that went along with that. I lost 15 kilos in 6 weeks, had MAJOR food aversions and fear and after going to the doc time and time again nothing appeared to be working... I had tried all the natural remedies (omg if I have ginger again I think I will ) and tried Maxalon (did nothing) and Zofran which did take the edge off it but then it got worse.... It all came to a head at 17 weeks where I was hospitalised with severe dehydration (couldn't even keep water down and my wee was brown ).... They Up'd my dose of Zofran and managed to get the vomiting under control and I was able to enjoy "some" food.

So, just as I thought we had it sort of under control (still had fear of foods and continued to lose some weight) I started having nasty heartburn and was STILL suffering from constipation, seriously I spent half my life on the toilet....... Tried what I could for those but with the HG and heartburn conmbined I started having "reflux" attacks... These were severe chest pain, I would vomit and feel better........ So basically, I was living on small, non spicy, non sugary, non flavoured meals and feeling generally crap....... at 25 weeks I had most of it managed and of course had constant trips to the chemsit to get my drugs........... (something I didn't invisage doing while pregnant) but up until this point I think I was depressed because of being so sick.... I honestly considered abortion at one point.....

So, while the rest of the pregnancy was "ok" I still suffered "reflux" attacks and these landed me in hospital because I stopped breathing... Lots of tests were done but no answers given, just told it was relfux and to suck it up! Helpful....... So I pretty much lived on bread rolls and vegetables and water the rest of the pregnancy.... I had to sleep sitting up on the couch but hey that's doable!

So when we had DD via c/section I had got my self to the point of being content that it was all uphill from here and that now I wasn't pregnant I was FINE!

So come 5 weeks post DD, I was enjoying food again and although sometimes splurged, was just happy to be able to eat, keep it down and not have heartburn! Then I got "reflux" attacks back and after much drama, was diagnosed with acute gallstones.......so my gallbladder had to come out at 6 weeks post C/section... SOOO after another surgery, and LOTS of pain and regression in my healing I was kinda in the clear.........

Thank GOD DD is a breeze of a baby and we have had no dramas with her... So seriously made it ALL worth it!! She has slept through the night from 6 weeks, which started the night I was away in hospital (DF claims he had words to her) she is growing fast (after being a smallish 6pnds 15oz born) and has hit all her milestones VERY early.....

So..... after reading all that information, I am faced with the question...... Should I tempt fate and go back for another?

I mean I don't have that many NON VITAL organs left to loose! heheheheh I figured the appendix would probly end up going

Whenever anyone asked me "when are you having the next one" I am filled with Dread!!! Not something I thought I would feel in comparison to how I LOVE motherhood and have a perfect baby girl!

I have been told by my Ob and GP that I WILL get Hyperemesis again which scares the crapola out of me..... I have begun suffering heartburn again and my GP thinks that all the vomiting, heartburn, and gallstone issues have affected my asophagus (sp?) and if it doesn't settle I may need for surgery to rectify it!

So...... besides the *sigh* I just don't know what to do... I DO want to have another child but I feel like I am still recovering from having DD...........

What would you do? Seriously I think taking that leap to make the decision will be the scariest EVER!!

I would love to hear your thoughts! Good and bad hehehehehehe

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had similar problems (HG, complications, reflux) but no where near as bad as yours.
    the docs told me that I might not get HG again, but gave me maxalon just in case, so if I do get morning sickness, I start the maxalon straight away, so its under control from the start.
    anyways I'm planning on more kids, and will be TTC in jan 2011 (DD will be 8months)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness!!!!! No wonder it scares the pants off you!!

Ok I'm a little ahead of myself here but (35 weeks along with my first) but I'm seriously considering not having anymore....

I too suffered terribly with hyperemesis from 6 weeks (at 5 weeks I was actually concerned as I wassymptom free!!) dh was away from 5 weeks to 11 weeks for work interstate and by 9 weeks on my own I had to ask my mum to fly from interstate to stay with me as I was so ill. Thank god my ob put me straight on zofran (the only decent thing he's done mind u) and it managed to get me somewhat under control (most days) but at about 15 weeks it got worse too.... I ended up in the hospital for a few days for dehydration (my stupid ob thought I had gastro and took three days to convince him it was hyperemesis)
    Now at 35 weeks still on zofran daily.
    I had two heart conditions prior to falling pregnant which aren't life threatening just horribly inconvenient which have flared up since about 8 weeks which has left me pretty much house bound unless I'm with someone (had to quit my job at 12 weeks )
    Have been suffering constipation since about 9 weeks too which regardless of what I eat or don't eat or take hasn't changed!
    I got hormonal stretchmarks at around 8 weeks too all over my bum and thighs (I have only gotten a couple right under my tum from te actual stretching )

Because of the HG I couldn't do the gestational diabetes test properly and have now been monitoring my bsl for weeks - my ********* ob recons I have GD (but nobody else does) so I'm having to test my sugar levels 4 times a day and my ob orders me to do exercise (which if course my cardiologist tells me not to!!!!)

I don't have much trust in my ob and it makes me very uneasy to say the least.

Bub is currently breech but I'm already booked for a csection for my heart conditions

People are already asking us when were having our second.... Ummmm can't I have this one first!!!!

Sorry aboutthe novel but yes I definately feel for u and know the feeling well!!! I'm afraid that I'm being selfish in my thoughts to not want to ever do this again! Because of dhs job there's a huge risk of me being alone with bub and I couldn't look after myself most of this pregnancy let alone be looking after a little one too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    for you pinupsez

I feel for your position. I guess a positive in comparison to mine is that everyone was quite proactive about my HG (except me of course) and my DF is VERY supportive and is always available when I need to!

I am still warding off the comments "when are you gonna have your next one"!!!

Sometimes I want to say, when I feel like I'm ready to die

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently got married and had one son and daughter to a previous relationship ds is 3.5 DD is 2.5 and I seriously can't even consider having another child. My husband and I talked about the prospect of him having children of his own and at the time I was all for it but now a little anxious to say the least. Even though with my first pregnancy I suffered extreme morning sickness and was almost bed bound from sciatica for the last 3 months, I had my epidural stuffed up, my son was prem and at 3 still doesn't sleep for longer than 5 hours at a time. When I fell pregnant with my daughter (the special surprise) it was the perfect pregnancy and birth. She also is a dream baby. And yes the comments of so your remarried now when is the number 3 coming drive me crazy and perhaps that is why I am stressing a little about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tia,

I would give yourself a little more time to recover and heal after all of your internal dramas and then gird your loins and go for it.

Just enjoy your little girl for the moment and reassess the situation in a year - the memory should be starting to fade by then and might give you the courage you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would give yourself a little more time to recover and heal after all of your internal dramas and then gird your loins and go for it.

Just enjoy your little girl for the moment and reassess the situation in a year - the memory should be starting to fade by then and might give you the courage you need.
    Hi,
    I think this could be best for you now...enjoy and have courage,,,make this little girl as your inspiration in life...