+ Reply to Thread
    Not far from brisbane but not as close as I want to be
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 5yo wetting herself

I have her booked in but its a week away and I am hoping someone may be able to help.

She is not to lazy, because she is to busy or not wanting to stop what she is doing, she is not doing it for attention as she is ashamed of it. At school its because the toilets stink and sometimes they are to icky to use. When home we remind her but still has accidents.

Someone mentioned foods may cause these problem? Has anyone ever had any experience with food causing issues in children wetting themselves?

I have tried to eliminate other factors, not food as I never thought of it until someone mentioned it may be food.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That must be so hard for her

Our 7 year old DD has several food allergies Bananas, Honey, MSG, Cane Sugar, and blue & yellow food colouring - she has not regularly wet the bed at night since she was 2 1/2 but if she has too many of her not allowed foods then she wets the bed. She is an early riser as a rule (most days between 5.30 & 6) but if her body is struggling to process certain things then it stops her waking to go to the toilet.

Good luck at the appt next week - I know it's not easy but could you maybe give her the week off from school and do work at home with her? I would also be ringing the school to complain about the toilets and if they don't improve them ring the dept of education and the dept of health - there is no reason toilets at schools should be that dirty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I hope you get it all sorted out..my youngest is 5 too...let us know how you go..

Not far from brisbane but not as close as I want to be
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am going to try and go to and school meeting and bring it up, I have seen the state of them during the day when I had to pick her up and DD2 needed to go. They are horrid.

I am going to take a week off work during the school holidays and try work with her the teacher is great she is helping her there encouraging her.

Its only since she started school she started but we have changed the way she eats aswell. Thanks for your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4yr old went through a wetting phase just recently and it turned out that she was scared of the toilet bowl freshner. It just came out of the blue (no pun intended) and she had heaps of accidents.

Once I took the freshners out of the toilet, she still had accidents at first. It was a bit like TT all over again - I had to remind her every hour and it was like she had to retrain herself too. It took about a week.

She is fine now and accident free. Hopefully the school can work on the cleanliness of the toilets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this issue as a child after being assulted in a school toilet. Most likely not the case for your child but however slim the chance...

Thanks
    Reviews
    has she been tested for a urinary tract infection? sometimes this can bring on accidents in previously continent kids

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey

Hey

Im having problems with my 7 year old, My mum had problems with my brother when he was my daughters age he eventually grew out of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DS has wee accidents when he has milk and this is apparently quite common.

He can have milk products (cheese, yogurt etc) but not a glass of milk or milk on cereal.