ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My MIL lives 3 mins away and never comes and visits our 1 year old unless we take her there which annoys the crap out of me!!!

I know she loves DD but she never makes any effort to see her or spoil her only grandchild!!

My mother in the other hand is AMAZING!! She lives just around the corner and sees DD almost daily and she works more then MIL but always make time. She also spoils her and helps us out soooo much.

DanceInTheRain is offline Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes but it's my mum not my MIL! My MIL is lovely and so doting towards my son but sadly she lives in the US. My mum on the other hand lives 20 mins away and has no interest. She kicked me out when I was younger cause she was 'done with kids' and told me again when I was pregnant not to expect her to babysit cause she was 'done with kids'. I think it's such a selfish attitude, not for me but for my son's sake

She has babysat for us once which I was amazed at, it was only a couple of hours but it seemed to go well. So although I can't discount her completely she is still a pretty sucky grandma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Dp family too are sucky! They live 15 hrs from us. DD did get a pressie for xmas and easter but we havent heard from them since then. 3 of DP's siblings came to our town for their cousins gf's birthday recently. One SIL asked to meet up, we saw her for about 30 mins in a busy shopping centre and not once did she ask the regular stuff about DD nor did she want to hold her or talk/play with her. i'm not expecting much but a phone call once a week just to see how we are would be nice... definately their loss.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mil grrrr

I never see my MIL. She tried to kill my husband when he was 16 and he ran away. We have no contact with her. She whinges to everyone why do they hate me? and "i was such a good mum" yeah right!

My mother despite her ability to be a total pain in the backside helps me with the kids and she lives about 15 min away. She stays overnight at least once a week which is great.

My father is a complete jerk. Ever since he met his partner 8 yrs ago i hardly ever hear from him. They are always helping out her adult children and not us. My step mother has NEVER seen her twin grandsons and they are now 3! I send them photos and stuff via email and they send an occasional card or present cos they live in brisbane and we are in victoria.

This year my dad forgot my bday and my sons 3rd bday! Its not like he has 50 grandhildren he has 4. My two and my step sister has 2. I remember to call him for his bday, xmas, fathers day etc. This fathers day i conveniently forgot.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    ---
    Last edited by GypsyFortuneTeller; 17-04-2011 at 16:42. Reason: Leaving Bubhub, don't want my posts on this site anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Um, what a nut job! Like you will trust her with your DD when you can't even see how she interacts with her. Fool!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ---
    Last edited by GypsyFortuneTeller; 17-04-2011 at 16:42. Reason: Leaving Bubhub, don't want my posts on this site anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the opposite, a MIL who wants to be over-involved .

I won't de-rail your thread but will just say that I don't expect anything from anyone MIL included

Because she is a grandmother I don't just 'expect' that she will want to be super involved, helpful and not a pain in the bum , because everyone is different

Not every grandparent is cut out to be a grandma/nana/granddad or whatever
    Just like there are people who can reproduce but probably shouldn't be parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't let her see your DD without you either GFT!

I also don't want to derail your thread - but we saw my MIL for the 1st time in 2 months on the weekend (long story short, DH told her that I was really upset when she didn't want to come to my birthday because she didn't like the NAME of the venue we were going to for lunch and he was really disappointed so she threw a hissy fit about how she was the victim that she didn't get to come to lunch, refused to take our calls, didn't return our messages or open the door when I tried to take DS over for a visit) while we were there DS (8 months) was sitting on the floor looking at MIL, smiling and trying to hand her toys and she just ignored him and rambled on about her other Grandson (DH's Nephew)! It seriously broke my heart to see him looking up at her smiling away and holding out a toy to her......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think my mil is a dissapointment as she's been like this since DH and I got together 15 years ago. She's just a b@tch! She lives 8 hours away, never calls and when she comes to visit stays with sil and her kids (which are apparently perfect in everyway) and acts like it's an inconvience to come visit us. Mind u we live 5 minutes from sil. We've always made an effort to keep her informed on how the kids are etc but now I'm over it. I'm sick of being the one to initiate contact. The sad thing is the kids are old enough now to notice she favors their cousins and it breaks my heart.