+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default measuring big with second baby

I had my GD 2hr test yesterday and saw the midwife for a check up. She measured me and told me I was measuring big for 26 weeks and that she would get a college to double check (second opinion). Doctor came in and measured me again.

My belly is measuring 33cm!? The doctor went to ask if my first was a big baby; she was not. I had an emergency scan to check fluids and all checked out OK. I saw the dietian and I have only put on 5kgs in the last 5 months which she said was fine. Doctor booked me in for a growth scan next Thursday.

At the 20 week scan everything was fine and I was told 90% boy.

In the meantime I am really worried, what could it be? big baby? 7cm seems like a hell of a lot to me! I am starting to wonder whether the GD test will come back positive ...

Anyone else experience a similar situation?
    Last edited by NanG; 03-09-2010 at 10:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hun try not to worry to much. I am messuring ahead at the min by two to three weeks. My doc isnt really worried cause at 22 weeks I have only put on 1.9 kg and we know that bubs has to go some where in me LOL ya know what I mean?
    How big was your first bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If fluid levels and baby checked out fine on the scan it's likely to be nothing. Probably just something to do with the angle baby was lying in at the time, how full your bladder was, and how recently you'd eaten.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was 3035g when she was born, average I think. I hadn't eaten all morning as I was having my Glucose test. Fluids checked out OK but the scan to check baby will be done next week, so I guess that will give me some answers.

As for position, it feels like this baby is really up there, almost feels like the second half of my tummy is empty and he is all squashed towards my chest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My third babe always measured a few cms on the small side, and even scans predicted a "small for gestational age" baby hovering around the 3rd percentile. When she was born she was actually a chubby looking 8 pounder (3630g).

Take it with a grain of salt until you have a more definite idea of your baby's size, and even then don't expect it to be 100% accurate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I woldnt stress I always measured under the most was at 27 weeks and I still measured 22cm they were worried but everything checked out I had bub four days late on my due date I measured 36cm my bub was a very healthy 8lb 2oz and was 54 cm so not very small at all!! They just said it was her position she was all curled up in my pelvis and right into my bum!! Hope all goes well and bub just wants to be closer to your heart, and is lying in your lungs!!! Hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I said before I wouldnt worry to much hun.
    I know this bub is going to be large, LOL my OB even commented on his size when he did a small scan at 14 weeks. Both my other kids were 4kg and over. This one we have a feeling will be around the 10lb mark OUCH LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 27 weeks and look small but on the inside everything is normal, bub is deep down at the moment but I'm told he will move up soon. I know it can be really hard but try not to worry.
    I haven't put on much weight either which I've been told is ok but I have to keep telling myself that he's healthy and that's all that matters to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby at 26 weeks measured 28cm on one side and 33cm on the other. He was just lying in a really weird position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wouldn't worry.
    The day before my due date ( which happened to be the day DS was born too ! )
    My belly was measuring at 37 weeks ( even though I was one day off full term ). The midwife was worried as there hadn't been any growth for a week. If I had of gone overdue they wanted a scan done to check bubbas size.

Like I said, he was born the next day and he was 7.7 pounds. Not a huge baby, but the midwives were suprised that he was that big.

Not to mention that when I had the 3D scan, ( at 30 weeks ) he measured larger, so I thought he was going to be huge for a little while !

Those measurements are an estimate. Try not to let them worry you