+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Roll Call...get to know you

Ok who is pregnant and having a home birth?? Where do you live?
    How far along are you?
    Do you kow what your having?
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm having a home birth in late december. Well planning to anyway, the rest is up to fate I guess. Was supposed to have an antenatal appointment with my MW today but she just SMS'd saying she'd just got home from a long birth and needed to reschedule. Oh well

We live in melbourne. I'm 23 weeks along. We're having a boy I wish I had the patience to wait until birth but I couldn't help myself, I had to find out. Lucky I did because I was convinced I was having another girl and even bought little pink jumpsuits

All the best for your scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeandme View Post
    Hi I'm having a home birth in late december. Well planning to anyway, the rest is up to fate I guess. Was supposed to have an antenatal appointment with my MW today but she just SMS'd saying she'd just got home from a long birth and needed to reschedule. Oh well

We live in melbourne. I'm 23 weeks along. We're having a boy I wish I had the patience to wait until birth but I couldn't help myself, I had to find out. Lucky I did because I was convinced I was having another girl and even bought little pink jumpsuits

All the best for your scan!

Hee hee thats cute you thought it was a girl...congrats on the boy
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by traseal View Post
    Did you have any troubles getting your collaborative agreement? Did you find it easy finding an IM you liked?
    How good is just being able to sms your midwife....i could have had an appointment this week but figured it would be better having ultrasound and blood results.
    Hee hee thats cute you thought it was a girl...congrats on the boy
    Hehe thanks Pretty stoked to be having one of each since DF says no more after this one

Luckily we didn't have to deal with all this collaborative agreement stuff, I think we booked in just before it all came into place. It was hard for me to find her though, because I'm due on christmas day most of the MWs I rang were on holidays! So finally I found one who referred me to my MW who is one of the few working over the holidays and we seem to have a good connection.
    I love that we can just SMS when it comes to appointments. Plus I love that I'm not travelling half an hour to a huge hospital, waiting for hours with a toddler to be seen for 5 minutes then going all the way back home. Especially in this weather. It's so great doing everything at home, I don't get why everyone doesn't do it this way

Are you booking in with your MW on the 16th or still shopping around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeandme View Post
    Hehe thanks Pretty stoked to be having one of each since DF says no more after this one

Luckily we didn't have to deal with all this collaborative agreement stuff, I think we booked in just before it all came into place. It was hard for me to find her though, because I'm due on christmas day most of the MWs I rang were on holidays! So finally I found one who referred me to my MW who is one of the few working over the holidays and we seem to have a good connection.
    I love that we can just SMS when it comes to appointments. Plus I love that I'm not travelling half an hour to a huge hospital, waiting for hours with a toddler to be seen for 5 minutes then going all the way back home. Especially in this weather. It's so great doing everything at home, I don't get why everyone doesn't do it this way

Are you booking in with your MW on the 16th or still shopping around?

Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 7 weeks pregnant (so still feeling a little delightful with morning sickness!). I just had a cuppa with my secondary midwife, first one I booked in a couple of weeks ago after a nice long cuppa and chat. Adore them both. We're not doing the collaborative agreement thing either. Not essential at this point and if worst comes to worst I can sign something stating that I am staying home based on my own choice etc. My first birth was a c-sec (after the bluddy cascade of intervention. Thanks knOB ) so getting to know women who trust the body to do what it should and are so wonderfully supportive is just bliss

We are going to find out what we're having so we can get more of an idea of names and shop

Oh, and I'm on the sunshine coast! Nice to meet you both!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I'm 7 weeks pregnant (so still feeling a little delightful with morning sickness!). I just had a cuppa with my secondary midwife, first one I booked in a couple of weeks ago after a nice long cuppa and chat. Adore them both. We're not doing the collaborative agreement thing either. Not essential at this point and if worst comes to worst I can sign something stating that I am staying home based on my own choice etc. My first birth was a c-sec (after the bluddy cascade of intervention. Thanks knOB ) so getting to know women who trust the body to do what it should and are so wonderfully supportive is just bliss

We are going to find out what we're having so we can get more of an idea of names and shop

Oh, and I'm on the sunshine coast! Nice to meet you both!

Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Im having my second child at home in dec (christmas day due date as well!). so 23 weeks i think.

First bub was 36 hours and an emergency c-section (drug and intervention city!). So this time im hoping for a birth thats a little bit calmer and definitely more empowering!

we have decided to decline all tests apart from the morph scan (which we had at 19 weeks). And we somehow avoided the temptation to find out the gender. So another surprise for us

We have one midwife and shes totally awesome! And a reasonable price too!

We live north of Adelaide (moved this year from QLD)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreambeliever View Post
    Hi Ladies
    Im having my second child at home in dec (christmas day due date as well!). so 23 weeks i think.

First bub was 36 hours and an emergency c-section (drug and intervention city!). So this time im hoping for a birth thats a little bit calmer and definitely more empowering!

we have decided to decline all tests apart from the morph scan (which we had at 19 weeks). And we somehow avoided the temptation to find out the gender. So another surprise for us

We have one midwife and shes totally awesome! And a reasonable price too!

We live north of Adelaide (moved this year from QLD)
    Last edited by traseal; 24-01-2011 at 13:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    only $3000!
    i couldn't believe it when she told me. She has heaps of experience and is fairly sort after too...she just doesn't charge heaps! So glad we found her