+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 weeks - and freaking out.. Help

I'm around 8/9 weeks pregnant and have been blessed with only mild morning sickness on/off during each day, no frequent toilet visits and no gravings...

I'm freaking out because 'Am I really pregnant, or how do I know the little person is well and alive'??

I feel so anxious and know I shouldn't.. But it's all I can think off..

Do I get a scan at my first visit to hospital?? Hopefully that can settle me, but is still 2 weeks away..

Someone feel the same or am I overreacting...?? I just wanna curl up in bed..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this may be easier said than done, but you need to stop freaking out. It is no good for either you or the bubs.

Unfortunately at that early stage, you can only trust that your bubs is alive and well. Have faith that your bubs is doing what it should. If something goes wrong, it is because it is meant to, as in there was something wrong with the baby and there is nothing you can do as a mum to avoid that. Just take care of yourself and your body, that is all you can do.

You don't normally get a scan till about 12-13wks and then again around the 19-20wk. And if there are no issues, and baby seems to be doing well...that is the only scans you will get! You will get to listen to your babies heartbeat every hospital visit though which is lovely (not at this early stage though, they won't be able to hear it).

So....just relax and enjoy. Especially because you don't get scans very often and until you can feel them kicking and moving around...which can be later than 20-22wks (!) you just need to have faith that everything is going as it should. Be happy that you have only mild morning sickness too, that is fantastic and definitely not a bad thing! I'm 36wks pregnant and I didn't have any cravings at all, which I am a bit disappointed about , and I haven't had the whole need to go to the toilet thing every 5 minutes either!

And of course, if you find that you can't stop feeling so anxious, you should definitely speak to your doctor!

Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I hope that I can make you feel a little better as I was exactly the same.
    I was constantly worried about the same thing as I had 3 miscarriages. I was on progesterone supplements for the first 12 weeks as my fertility spec recommenced to try them to stop me from having another miscarriage but he warned me that it may make me have really bad morning sickness & also a family friend had progesterone injections & she had the worst morning sickness that she was hospitalised so I was really worried when no morning sickness happened. I had to have viability scans at 6 & 8 weeks but as my 6 weeks scan approached I still had no morning sickness, cravings or toilet visits so for the whole 6 weeks all I could do was stress myself silly but she was perfectly fine the whole time (maybe I was just very lucky). I had nothing like that for my whole pregnancy.
    Are you public or private? As for the first scan I went private so my ‘first scan’ was at 10 weeks when I met with my OB for the first time then again just before 14 weeks for the downs scan. But my sister in law went public & her first scan was at the hospital at 12 weeks.
    I know it’s easier said than done but try not to stress it will only make things worse for yourself & your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First of all, Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
    But I have to agree with you. I am freaking out all the time. I lost a baby last April and I am now pregnant again and I am constantly worrying. I had a ultra scan the other day because I told the dr that I was worried and I needed to know. So he gave me a referral. Also I have been having my HGC levels checked often and even though they rise as normal, I still freak out even when i get the results thinking, maybe they have stopped since getting the results or something.
    Its going to be stressful but there isnt too much we can do. Go and ask the dr to have blood tests or to have an ultra sound because you are worried. I have to wait 3 weeks untill my next scan and I am stressing about it already, but then I have to realised that being anxious and stressed isnt too good for the baby.

I hope all goes well for you and that all this worrying doesnt mean anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ecomum2b that is a good point I had that to, my spec sent me for HCG blood test every second day for one week after ovulation (my ovulation was monitored). He would make sure that my HCG & progesterone levels where rising. So maybe go to your GP & ask for a blood test & you will have the results back in a couple of days.

Also cause my husband & I where so crazy paranoid the whole pregnancy we brought a doppler off the net for something like $50-$60. We couldn't get her heart beat until about 14 weeks, it was called angle sounds & got the goo from a physio supply place. This can be a good or bad thing cause if you can't find the heart beat you will panic but it's also beautiful to lay on the couch & listen plus you can also record it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there, i am 8 week too and have also been stressing, i think its normal but i completely understand what you feeling. i went to my ob yesterday and had my first scan (panicing all the way there) but things were great we got to see and hear bub and my worries have taken a back seat now that its so real,
    i haven't been sick at all just getting very mild cramps , sore (.)(.)'s and very tired other than these symptoms i feel normal.
    i would suggest asking for a scan because i found it so relieving and you probably would feel more at ease too once you know your baby is doing well,
    i now also look at it this way (don't know how true it is but it helps) we have got to 8 weeks our babies are growing and getting stronger and theres 4 weeks till being safer so there is more chance of them continueing to grow and before we know it we will be holding them.
    hope this helps
    lisa

oh also CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im the biggest stresser ever so I can totally relate to how you are feeling.... and when everyone told me not to stress cause it was bad for the baby i just stressed even more that my stressing was harming my baby....
    I had the most stressful last pregnancy ever and was so worried about the effect on my poor bubba I literally used to cry myself to sleep with worry.... It hard but once you get further along and can hear their little heart beat its so reassuring. Its really hard at 8 weeks cause you dont really "feel" too much at all. Hang in there.... and just to let you know.... even though i was the BIGEEST stresser ever my DS is the calmest, most easy going little fella you could ever meet.

Go buy some baby clothes or look at baby shops to take your mind of it all..... XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, congrats on your pregnancy
    I am 7 weeks and have had absolutely no morning sickness or cravings, just mild cramps. I just keep telling myself that if the baby is meant to be, then he/she will be born, and if not, there is always a good reason. Also, I got pregnant once, we can do it again!!!
    So you're not alone, maybe you'll get the morning sickness next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From my personal experience motherhood is one long voyage of surrender - from even before conception really! What if you were to see this as an opportunity to learn more about what helps you to relax and create peace in your own body? For me too this is an ongoing intention - not something easily achieved. But I know that it is only when I manage to still my anxious self-chatter that I can tune in to my own knowing about what is really happening for me.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and many blessings to you and your unborn child,
    Ishara

Thanks
    Reviews
    calm ok... Having a baby is blessing from above... When you go to your gynecology they will let you if your baby is alive by putting there in your tummy an instrument that you hear the heartbeat of your baby... There you hear a crackling noise is was the heartbeat of your baby...