ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah, its hard with an 8 month old to know when's right for that sort of thing - December babies are great though
    Where are you? Hopefully there's a group of hubbers you can join soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hearin' ya. DS gets over tired all the time and it takes a lot of comforting to calm him down. Sometimes it can get very frustrating! What works for DS (might not for your DS, but worth a shot if it happens again?) is for me to wrap him so he feels secure, and bounce on the fit ball while patting his bum. He usually calms down pretty quickly after that.

DS also still wakes twice a night for a bottle, but he usually drinks a full 180ml bottle at night when he'll have around 80ml - 100ml during day feeds, so I know he is hungry and not just doing it for comfort, so happy for him to do it. Besides, he feeds and goes straight back down so two feeds is an hour out of my night - not much at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah..."sleeping through"...DD FINALLY "slept through" the night (where we didn't have to get up to re-settle in any way even if she woke) at 9.5 months old...lasted 3 months! Then the next "thing" came along!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm with you. I wish you lived close to me!!

My son was still having two bottles at 8 months too, and ALL of my friends babies "slept through". My son is 3 1/2 and still rarely sleeps through the night without waking!! I've been asked for 3 years now WHY he wakes up! I still get spoken to like I'm doing something wrong, and I think I'm a good Mum and I do most things right actually! Some kids are sleepers and some aren't as far as I'm concerned.

Ds1 was really easily over stimulated and still is. Sometimes babies scream for hours, but he'll be just fine, and you're doing a fantastic job.

I never left my son to cry (only for a few minutes here and there if I needed to calm down!) because I never wanted/want him to think if he needs me I wont be there. He had night time feeds as long as he needed them too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmm I must be the world's biggest idiot then because DS is almost 1 and last night (and every night for that matter!) he woke and was fed at least four times!! He too gets very overtired and loses it - not as bad now he is older but when he was smaller, god he could cry for hours (all the while being held). I could punch people (joking) who ask if he is sleeping through yet. Believe me the whole world will know when he finally does.

You sound like you are doing everything right - so to anyone who thinks otherwise!

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much to everyone for your replies !! As I said , if IRL i knew people like the mums on bubhub life would be great!!

I hope someone reads this as I have another question , the thing is I know why he wakes so much , he's making up for sll the bloody food he just won't eat during the day !! Can anyone relate to a bub that just isn't interested during the day due to being up much of a wriggle bum / worried height miss something :-)?? ( lol , he's a real mr mangle)

3 times a day he's offered solids , sometimes he eats, sometimes he doesn't want a bar of them . He drinks lots of bottles , but again , not lots of mls , so at night of course the poor bub is starving .I'm sick of hearing , he needs more solids !!!!!! I can't strap the kid to he's highchair and forcefeed him, he eats what he eats !!

My Pedi actually said I have to just flat out refuse to feed him at night so he learns he has to eat during the day . " have to be cruel to be kind " were he's exact words . Ummmm are you joking ????? I don't think so !

If I also hear one more time oh you'll be sorry once the next baby comes along I'll scream ! I'll deal with it when it happens , if I am getting up to two bubs still night feeding then so be it !!!!! Not ideal but the other option to just not feed him is NOT an option !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I haven't read the whole thread and I know it's a few days old now, but my nearly 8-month old still feeds once or twice at night. That's ok by me. It's what he needs.

He is also not interested in solids. So we are starting BLW soon.

You're not doing anything wrong. I'm sorry you had such a rotten day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

And dont stress about bub not sleeping through, my 2.5 yr old still wakes for a feed

Food is fun till one, but have a look into Baby Led Weaning (BLW) where bub is offered chunks of soft/steamed food instead of mush. My DD refused mush but happily at steamed broccoli trees, toast, other steamed veg, pasta spirals etc etc

You sound like you are doing a good job to me. You should see if there are any attachment parenting playgroups around you, sounds like you are taking on some of the AP philosophy's, so it might suit you better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my dd who is 20 months still has 2 bottles over night. I love the night feeds. She snuggles in and looks into my eyes. I hold her like i would if i was breast feeding.

I was also going to suggest blw. My dd loves it. She is always on the move and i cant get her to sit still. She loves running around with a banana or a wedge of quiche.

Ha ha the other week at playgroup i had one lady telling a new mum she should be control crying and the baby was 6 months old. I piped up and told her all about attachment parentinog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DS is 14 months and still wakes for 2 bottles a night. Hope that makes you feel better!