+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Im sad and overwhelmed and just need to SHARE

How therapeutic it can be to just SHARE iykwim . To not feel so alone in a house with a hysterically overtired screaming child .

My ds just screamed hysterically ( no let up ) from exactly 1215 till 2:05pm :-( due to being overtired . I was invited to check out our local playgroup . Was assured it had lots of mums and little bubs , it didn't , it was fill of older kids 2 and over running amok, and
    as they should be , they're kids !!!!! However ds got so overstimulated and frightened by all the noise etc that I ended up leaving , learnt hes abit too young at the moment.

I just feel so guilty , I've never left ds to cry , after 2 hours of comfort , rocking , singing, pushing in the pram etc he finally calmed down and is asleep on me..... . Sure , he was being comforted the whole time but how can he not be traumatised by that , he
    was just hysterical :-(

It topped off a morning of being asked by 3 different people within the space of 10 minutes if he was sleeping through . Ummmmm, no .... He actually still wakes for 2 bottles . I might as well have said he wakes up twice and I feed him a cheeseburger by the shocked aghast looks I got . But he's too old to still be waking for bottles I was told ( rolleyes) .

I don't know any mums in real life like the ones on bubhub . Not ONE. Can feel very isolating . The mums that Also night feed their bubs and will continue to for as long
    as they want it .

I sometimes wonder , am I the dumb firsttime mum / idiot that thinks I'm doing
    the right thing by my son but really I just don't know what I'm doing . No one elses 8month old seems to night feed .

I especially feel like an idiot after being unable to calm ds no matter what I did .

Ps- for the record I love bub hub. I'm a sahm with no one for company during the day and I don't know what I would do if i didn't have this place for advice/reassurance/venting . Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    i feel ur pain it is normal for an 8month old 2 still wake for feeds during the night my 9 month old DD still wakes 4 2 night feeds what r we ment 2 not feed them when they wake up hungry ummmm no i dont think so u know ur baby n doing a great job so screw them lol hope ur day gets better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww hang in there! I know exactly what you mean...I have just started working again...only part time and heaven for bid I say I am a little tired as we were up for a feed or 2 the night before....!!!

I hope bubba has a good sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hang in there. My now 9 year old was the only one out of my 4 babies that fed through the night right until he was 2! Yep- people thought I was an idiot but, you know, I was just listening to his cues- thats normal!

My next 3 babe's all slept through the night by 3-4 mths but that was their choice.

Don't listen to them, just go with your gut- you're doing a wonderful job.

Have you joined a thread that has people from your area on here? Maybe you might find a friend in there that you can meet up with? Some of my dearest friends have come from BH and I wouldn't trade them for the world

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roopee View Post
    Hang in there. My now 9 year old was the only one out of my 4 babies that fed through the night right until he was 2! Yep- people thought I was an idiot but, you know, I was just listening to his cues- thats normal!

My next 3 babe's all slept through the night by 3-4 mths but that was their choice.

Don't listen to them, just go with your gut- you're doing a wonderful job.

Have you joined a thread that has people from your area on here? Maybe you might find a friend in there that you can meet up with? Some of my dearest friends have come from BH and I wouldn't trade them for the world
    Thanks so much roopee and everyone else for your replies . I agree with what has been said , NEVER an option not to feed my darking boy , he's hungry !! Just wish people didn't act like I was such a freak !!

I never even knew you could find people
    in your area ( embarassed icon , on iPhone !) hehe where do I go to do that ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you scroll down there are sections for different states, and then in those state sections there are sub sections for the different area's.
    I'm sure you'll find some like minded mumma's.

Thanks
    Reviews

I can relate to alot of what you are saying. I had a rough day with my DD (3) so different issues. But I am also isolated and wish I knew mums like the ones on BH IRL.

Hope things start looking up for you soon. Thank goodness for bubhub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittykristy View Post
    It topped off a morning of being asked by 3 different people within the space of 10 minutes if he was sleeping through . Ummmmm, no .... He actually still wakes for 2 bottles . I might as well have said he wakes up twice and I feed him a cheeseburger by the shocked aghast looks I got . But he's too old to still be waking for bottles I was told ( rolleyes) .

I don't know any mums in real life like the ones on bubhub . Not ONE. Can feel very isolating . The mums that Also night feed their bubs and will continue to for as long
    as they want it .
    Please don't feel bad that he was overtired and you couldn't calm him. He will be ok, . Please don't be so hard on yourself, though I know it's hard when they're so upset!

I agree with what you've written above. I'm so sick of people implying that DD is not a 'good' baby because she doesn't sleep through the night. I feed her 2-3 times a night, depending on how often she wakes. And I also don't know anyone else that does that. I have one other close friend that has 2 kids, and of course, both of hers slept through from 3 months, so the fact that I don't have a rigid routine is the reason my DD can't be as 'good' as hers... You're not alone

You can try to find others in your area here: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...isplay.php?f=1

Thanks
    Reviews
    i found when my dd was young - i was doing MANY things that others didn't think right.
    Sometimes, other people seem to make a 'joke' and a 'snide remark' about the way u do things - to make themselves feel better.

My DD was a shocker.... Not so much at night (but we were up at least 1, or i was up from 4.30am every morning) till she was 1.... She hardly EVER slept during the day - only if i pushed her in the pram (and i was shattered from the day/night before).... If she was hungry, she was fed... that was it.....

As his mother - you are NOT doing anything wrong and to be honest - how could u not go to his crying/calls during the night?

As for his meltdown - over tiredness did that to my DD too.. It's hard to know what to do etc... but although tiring etc... knowing u are there is the best remedy i feel.

You're doing a great job - and never feel bad for doing all you can for your little man.

Hope things improve soon and you're able to find some people who are on the same wave-length, and a little less narrow-minded when it comes to mothering/parenting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry but your choice of words with the cheeseburger actually made me laugh out loud. You have a way with words.

though. I've done the 'odd one out at playgroup' thing and its awwwwwful.

I think the phrase 'is he/she sleeping through yet?' should be banned unless it is followed by a 'when can I come and help by taking the baby while you catch up on some sleep then you sleep deprived, wonderful mother?'.

And trying to console an inconsolable baby for hours on end is incredibly emotionally draining.

Hope you get a chance to sit and relax and recharge at some point tonight.