+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi premmie mummies,

Im new here havent yet posted in this thread... our twin prems were born at 26wks are 3 weeks old (29wks gestation) tomorrow.I had a bleed & was hospitalised for 3 days bedrest at 23+3weeks then again 1 wk later then at 25+2wks my waters broke,total bedrest in hospital till i was 26wks & showing infection in my blood so emergency ceasar was done that day 25/10/11.I have a incompetant cervix after 3 previous cervical cancer ops & OB thought it would hold up... NOT plus had pacenta previa with twin 1 hence the bleed & then waters breaking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! I had baby Aurora at 34 weeks exactly on Monday.

No idea why as yet. But she amwas born pretty ok and crashed about 12 hours later needing s ventilator. They said she has a bad blood infection so not sure how she got that unless I stuffed up somehow and gave it to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You didn't stuff up & give her an infection. These things just happen. You can't blame yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with TT. You didn't stuff up. These things happen for no reason and it's nobodies fault.

How is Aurora doing now?

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat you didn't stuff up sweetie these things happen & sometimes they just can't tell you why.

Look at O & me. There was E coli on both sides of the placenta (to this day they have no idea how), chorioamnionitis, funisitis, bleed at the back of the placenta.

So if you think you stuffed up you're in good company with me xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She is doing slot better FF. Thanks ladies.

You didn't stuff up TB. I'm still waiting for my placenta to come back.

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boysNAprincess View Post
    She is doing slot better FF. Thanks ladies.

You didn't stuff up TB. I'm still waiting for my placenta to come back.
    I know was just trying to help you feel better. As you didn't either oxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    my little girl was born at 34 weeks due to my ceasear scar rupturing.
    She was a good size,5 pound, and even though she stayed in hospital for 6 weeks she had no setbacks, and was a little trooper!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boysNAprincess View Post
    Hi! I had baby Aurora at 34 weeks exactly on Monday.

No idea why as yet. But she amwas born pretty ok and crashed about 12 hours later needing s ventilator. They said she has a bad blood infection so not sure how she got that unless I stuffed up somehow and gave it to her.
    I hope little Aurora is doing well now.

with what the others said - sometimes things just happen no matter how many precautions you take.

Quote Originally Posted by plsjust1more View Post
    Hi premmie mummies,

Im new here havent yet posted in this thread... our twin prems were born at 26wks are 3 weeks old (29wks gestation) tomorrow.I had a bleed & was hospitalised for 3 days bedrest at 23+3weeks then again 1 wk later then at 25+2wks my waters broke,total bedrest in hospital till i was 26wks & showing infection in my blood so emergency ceasar was done that day 25/10/11.I have a incompetant cervix after 3 previous cervical cancer ops & OB thought it would hold up... NOT plus had pacenta previa with twin 1 hence the bleed & then waters breaking.
    Congrats on your twins (love the names BTW)! How are they going now?

I had placenta previa with my second bub but managed to get to almost 38 weeks so he was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nataliej- were doing ok,had a very hard week of setbacks last week but this week so far looking good.Lily had to go back on the ventilator as she was showing infection & going downwards very quickly & struggling to breath as it was just too hard work.Then lachlan decided to pull out his line in his arm... while they were busy working on lily... twins jealousy the staff reckon.So they spent last week fighting infections & just re-couping after massive days on tuesday/wed.I ended up in emergency with a infection in my ceasar as well but now on 2 lots of anti-biotics & healing nicely once again.So bubs finally got weighed yesterday (after not being weighed for a week) & lachlan is now 1131g & lily 1262g & 4 weeks old yesterday too so still a gain even though they had a rough week.Dr's possibly thinking they may both come off the ventilators in a few days if things stay on the up n up

3boysnaprincess-You def didnt stuff up... these things have no answers & its out of our hands unfortunately.I got a fright last week thinking maybe i made our lil ones sick & infected cause my C became infected but they have assured me it could have even been the other way & they infected me while i was doing cares.... no matter how many times you ask yourself whered it come from ,you wont get a answer as no one knows these things.Its just a premmie thing im told.