+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FET straight after Stim Cycle?

Hi everyone out there,

I just got a bfn after my first stim cycle, but was lucky enough to get 3 frosties from that cycle.

My FS has asked me to consider whether I want to go straight into a FET - I need to decide quite quickly as am already day 2 of that thaw cycle if I do go ahead.

I was just wondering if any of you had any thoughts on this one way or the other? Do you think a stim cycle is so hard on the body that the body needs a month off to recover? Anyone got BFPs going straight into a FET from a stim cycle?

I'm so confused about what's best....

Thanks for listening!

Jelly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jelly,

Sorry to hear about your BFN . I also lucked out on my first cycle in July.

I am doing FET back-to-back after the stim cycle, but not as rosy as I thought it'd be. At CD 15 still no signs of ovulation, which is supposedly common after full stimming. I've never had an issue with ovulation before, so it was quite upsetting to find my body had shut down on me. To get around it, my FS has changed from natural to medicated FET and the whole thing is now delayed by a week. I'm not happy that I will be on drugs again . I considered cancelling, but I'm going O/seas for most of Sep so wouldn't be able to try again til Oct and we're keen to get one baking ASAP!

Just be aware that you may also need to consider switching to a medicated FET if your cycle is out of whack after stimming.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jellyblush

I'm sorry you got a BTN....that suxs!

I did wait a month following a fully stimulated cycle to do the FET. Like Lindylou, my cycle is always out of wack immediately after a fully stim cycle. So physically I wasn't ready, and emotionally I appreciated having a month off, to recover from the disappointment of a BTN and to get back into other things ie bootcamp, so my life didn't become all about IVF. By the time it was ready for the FET, I was very ready, itching to get started...it did feel like a long time....but not in the bigger picture. I felt refreshed, in good physical health and emotionally stronger to go again. So, for me, I'm glad I had a month off. But everyone is different, and only you know what you can cope with.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First stim I had severe OHSS no transfer and no fet until after a month break

I've had two Stims since both BFN's and did FETs the cycle AF came after the BFN.

My FS was happy to do FET's after those two stims. I've been doing IVF back to back since May last year and hated having to take a break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsP - Hope you don't mind me asking you, but were you nervous about doing another stim cycle after getting severe OHSS?? I had OHSS in July, I was hospitalized and am finding the prospect of doing another stim cycle very scary as i was quite unwell. We are lucky enough that we have two frozen embies but I cant help thinking im going to be facing another stim cycle.
    Any advice??