+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessBeauty View Post
    'juice' I had juice poppers so he just had to put the straw to my mouth.
    I said 'water' and he fed me from my drink bottle eventually I just had to turn my head and hed put the straw in my mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't have any expectations. Just that he was there for me. And he was.
    He held my hand, and encouraged me, asked me if there was anything I wanted him to do. He was fantastic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didint have any expectations of DH, he just did stuff without even me asking....

He kept wiping my face, getting me water, etc..... there wasnt much time for him to do anything else in my quick labour....

He also copied the midwives and talked to me like they did and told me what was going on - LOL, so i was hearing it from the student mw, the mw and DH...

It went like this:

"cord not around the neck" s mw
    "cords not around the neck" mw
    "cords not around the neck" DH

OK I GET IT!!! LMAO!!

He was great!! the good thing about this show is that we are discussing what will hopefully happen this time and what we both do and dont want!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, not many expectations I guess. I just wanted him to be prepared for me to be grumpy and to do what I wanted without whinging and whining. Didnt happen! lol. The bugger kept complaining that I didnt want the tv on because he was bored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I had exactly what I needed!! In early stages hubby really wanted to go out to dinner Which got me a bit cranky.. I had been having pre labour for about 4 days so he thought it was just more of that!!! In the early stages of established labour my mum and hubby were joking with me and trying very hard to take my mind off it!! Didn't really work and many times I was in hysterics laughing while having contractions which made them even worse!! But once I got right into labour they were OH SO FANTASTIC!! Hubby bless his soul massaged my back for 14 hours straight, only stopping to go to the toilet when my wonderful mum would take over, hubby didn't eat or leave my side for 20 hours of established labour, which made up for him playing tennis with my sister in the beginning!
    I was also VERY loud while in labour and nobody ever told me to be quite!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke 2 weeks early and DF was 14 hrs away on a bus desperately trying to get to me in time! We'd planned that he would be there but when my waters went, it was my mum that drove me to the hospital. My best friend works in the hosp and just happened to be finishing work when we arrived so she came to meet me to keep me/mum company.

Mum didn't want to be there (I think mainly cuz emotional stuff isn't her strength + i don't think she wanted to see me in pain) so she did all the random talking in the birth suite while I was in the shower and my BF sat in the shower with me just chatting through contractions. I held her hand in the shower and squeezed it to death! But she was sooooooooo awesome. Bubs was born very hard and fast and it was sooo good to have my BF and mum there to share it with. I would have loved my DF there and I want him there next time but I am very much asking my BF to be there again. I love her to death (and really i think that's the ultimate gift of friendship)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH was exactly what I wanted out of a support person. He did everything perfectly - he is usually very engergetic, hates sitting still for too long and talks a lot, but on the day he was cool, calm and collected.

He offered the perfect words of encouragement, spoke when necessary and kept quiet when necessary. He left me alone when I needed to be alone.

When I was pushing he coached me gently and gave me beautiful words of encouragement - most of the time I wasn't even aware the midwife was in the room, which is exactly how I wanted it to be.

He's amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I really just wanted to be supported and do whatever was needed.
    What I got......

No 1 I was induced with the gel, the midwives would let him stay even though I was in the delivery suite, They sent him home. I wanted to ring him in the middle of the night to come back and they wouldn't let me. So I snuck out and used the pay phone downstairs on the street and told him to come back. This was at a private hospital 16 years ago. He did everything he could for me while he was there.

No 2 He was mainly good but he refused to get wet, so no massages in the shower. He fell asleep while I was in the shower. He was there for the rest though.

No 3 as above except He was the one that told me she wasn't breathing and to pray.

No 4 he was the one to realise something was wrong and he got the midwife to come and check it out. He convinced the midwife that i could push bub out in two pushes. So she manually dilated my cervix as they was no theatre available to do a c/section. And yep he had a sleep in this one too.

No 5 Well this one went so fast that he didn't have time to sleep. He was very supportive the whole way through. He did miss the head popping though as he was outside get dressed for the c/ section when bub decided to pop out and see us. He so impatient that boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on my own for most of it
    and I loved being on my own
    I'm not the type that deals with people well when I'm in pain I just wanted to be left alone
    when my mum got there she was amazing
    all she did was hold my hand and let me cry during contractions and then told me to snap out of it and concentrate on pushing like I was doing a big pooh haha I needed a bit of a yell at me in the end

I hat being rubbed and massaged and all that touchy feely stuff

I just needed a hand to hold and a good talking to in the end

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH was awesome! He let me squeese the life out of his hands, put hot water on my broken rib in the shower, got me food/water when I needed it.

At one point the Ob registrar was trying to make me lie on my back and he argued for me when I couldn't.

The only thing he didn't do was let me bite his fingers (I did try ) - men are so soft